“Just what the doctor ordered!”

and 1 more site!
Finca Los Pinos Guesthouse
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pullman, Washington
“Just what the doctor ordered!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

This week was everything I wanted it to be. A friend and I really needed a break from our hectic schedules and staying at the guesthouse gave us just that! We didn't want for anything as the rooms are prepped with all the essentials, including a mini fridge with complimentary drinks, Terry and Julie will do everything in their power to make sure your stay is as relaxed as possible and if there's anything you need from recommendations of things to do, to a jumper for an evening when its cool (we went in early June, when I say cool I don't mean British cold!) they will be there to provide!
Julie excells in cooking and preparing food and the couple together create the perfect holiday atmosphere with relaxing music, wine and candle light, you will certainly know you are on holiday! The walk to the pool is really something to see, with beautiful views of the surrounding mountains - you'll need a camera at hand! I really cannot say enough to explain how enjoyable our trip was and I would say to anyone looking, do not hesitate to book! If you want a relaxing getaway you will not regret meeting Terry and Julie!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
South Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

I didn't really want to write this review as it is such a wonderful place it could be booked up when we want to return!! Terry and Julie, your hosts, just go above and beyond what is expected of them and nothing is too much trouble to make your stay even better. Finca Los Pinos, though only 2 minutes from the autovia, is in a quiet location and all you will hear are the birds, bees and the occasional goats with their bells on! The rooms are very tastefully done with amazing attention to detail, we stayed in the Ndoro which is South African themed. Julie is an accomplished cook who prepares wonderful meals to suit all tastes using lots of fresh homegrown vegetables and herbs. Would I recommend Finca Los Pinos -definitely, will I return - definitely.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Julie F, Owner at Finca Los Pinos Guesthouse, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
It is a pleasure to welcome such lovely guests into our home. We feel very lucky as now we have some new friends too!
Thank you for your review - we appreciate it - and hope to see you back here again in the future.
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

I have just returned from 3 fab nights at Los Pinos in Villaneuva de Rosario and am still wearing a big smile everytime I think about waht a wonderful expereince it was.

Firstly the location of Los Pinos is simply stunning and magical, set amongst olive groves up in the hills with endlessly beautiful views from the rooftop terrace, breakfast room, patio and swimming pool. You could easily spend 3 days or more just hanging out and soaking it all up.

Secondly Julie and Terry, the owners are brilliant hosts. Flexible about timing and food, helpful with any information, knowledgebale about the area and best of all brilliant company if you just want a chat over wine and tapas.

I stayed in the Morocan themed room and it was beautiful, with excellent design details and attention to the little things like a big fluffy bathrobe, biscuits for my coffee, lovely hebal teas and other little treats. The rest of the house is just as lovely, inlcuding the pool area which was helpfully arranged every morning for me complete with sunbeds and towels!

Julies breakfast was probably one the nicest hotel breakfasts I have ever had! All local and homemade fresh food and plenty of choice and so tempting that I was often too stuffed to even think about lunch! YUM! Dinner was amazing too! Worth staying in for and really great value with all my vegetarian needs caterred for.

I will definately be going back although I dont think it will be long before this place is fully booked because it really is wonderful.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

Such a delightful place to stay - peaceful, stylish, relaxing, playful and so special. Loved every moment - from feeding the hens, taking in the views, following recommendations for great places to eat - (not forgetting Julie's great cooking!) Great place to explore the area. Close to Cordoba and Malaga.
Liz

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Harrogate, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

Wonderful views of snowy mountains, while enjoying the warmth of the dining room - not what I expected from Andalucia, but lovely none-the-less. The warmth of the welcome at Finca Los Pinos was just as good even without much sun. I too loved the Turkish eggs provided by the ladies at the bottom of the garden (and of course, Julie). The Morrocan room is gorgeous. Enjoyed wonderful cuisine at YerbaGuena thanks to Julie and Terry's local knowledge. Next time I'm planning on sun and a little longer in Antequera.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Tarifa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2012

It is very easy to find if you follow their instructions and turn off at exit 16 (marked Villanueva Del Rosario) and NOT at exit 20 (also marked Villanueva del Rosario) !!
We absolutely loved it. It is an oasis of peace with tranquil views to distant mountains. A lovely pool, an open kitchen, and (being a design freak) I loved the bread oven (designed by Julie and Terry’s son, Jamie Fry – see www.jamiejoseffry.com) at the back of the pool. Best of all were the rooms which were stylish, utterly comfortable, immediate hot water and great pressure, quiet, everything you needed was there but there was not too much of anything. Julie has an eye for buying just the right things in Morocco and South Africa. The breakfast was quite superb and very original with a choice of egg dishes done Turkish style or any other way, fresh fruit, home made jams, and all served so prettily on attractive pottery with a green leaf here and there – real magazine stuff! You can order dinner in advance. DO SO. Excellent cuisine. Terry and Julie joined us at table – at our request – which was an absolute bonus and we laughed a lot. A memorable stay. It makes an absolutely ideal stop for anyone arriving at Malaga and heading for Granada. – it is only a 40 minute drive from Malaga airport. Stay two nights so that you have a whole day to visit the fantastic rock formations at El Torcal. A great place to ‘chill out’ before doing the Andalusian trail. Oh yes, I shall go back.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Julie F, Owner at Finca Los Pinos Guesthouse, responded to this review, 30 November 2012
Thank you for your 5 star review & your subsequent e:mail which I have copied below as per your suggestion. We were somewhat relieved to receive your e:mail explaining the rating as we simply couldn't understand the scoring - it didn't match up to your overall score & comments. So - thank you once again for taking the time.........................We hope to see you here again in 2013!

Dear Julie and Terry,
I have just received the review I wrote on Finca Los Pinos, posted 21 November. For some reason only Rooms has been given a 5 for excellent. I am sure I would have filled in 5 in all the categories – is it possible that I forgot to fill these in and that Trip Advisor added the 5 for Rooms as I spoke so highly of them in the review? I have tried to update this with a request, but get an automated answer that I cannot edit a review and can only re submit a review after 3mnths. I went to the help line but get the same answer.

I am so sorry – as you will gather from the review I was enchanted by your set up and would certainly have given the other categories a 5 also. I know this rating goes towards your ranking in the area, and would hate to think I am the one that has pulled you down. Really sorry I cant do anything to amend this. All I can do is to make a note to re submit this same review in 3 months time and then add the comment that ‘something had gone wrong’ with the ratings as all categories should have been 5 – maybe this makes extra impact, that someone bothers to correct their own review?

Sorry, friends, hope all goes well.
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

A hidden gem.. Colourful, stylish, spotless rooms set against a peaceful and serene mountainous backdrop. A real spot for retreat and relaxation, with friendly and welcoming hosts who go the extra mile to add a personal touch to your stay. Go! Enjoy!
p.s... Try the Turkish eggs for breakfast :)

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Julie F, Owner at Finca Los Pinos Guesthouse, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
We appreciate your kind words and feedback - thank you. It was our pleasure...and so happy that you enjoyed the Turkish breakfast dish. We do like to give our guests the choice of something a little different for breakfast and it's wonderful to get such positive comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Villanueva del Rosario
Hotel Rural Llano Pina
Hotel Plaza San Sebastian
Hotel Plaza San Sebastian
#6 of 15 in Antequera

Been to Finca Los Pinos Guesthouse? Share your experiences!