In this day and age we have all become accustomed to extravagant claims and wide angled lenses. However, stop right there-
Cortijo Sabila is neither digitally enhanced, or exaggerated. It under-promises and over-delivers far in access of expectations.
The setting is outstanding - we arrived late at night to see a fairy tale palace beautifully lit, set amidst the hills, with a very warm welcome from Ray and Yvonne, and much needed refreshments after a challenging day - where would one get service like that in the UK?
- the drawing room, where drinks are served prior to dinner and also accessible throughout the day, is magnificent, vast, spacious and relaxing
- the bedrooms are unique - each one individually styled, as is the whole establishment and granted, it is the home of the owners - but it somehow defies description.
- we dined in a beautifully furnished traditional dining room with delicious food and unobtrusive service
- breakfast was served on a delightful inside terrace which surrounded an inner courtyard, complete with fountain, again serviced with leisure and so relaxing
- all the food was delicious, as was the wine, and both very reasonably priced, so as we wanted to chill out there was no need to look further!
- the location is perfect, just out of the cut and thrust of the south coast, but with excellent access to the motor-way network. There are so many places to easily visit within the day.
Cortijo Sabila is also set in acres of olive groves with the accommodation surrounded by a series of different gardens - a whole series where every guest could have one of their own - or meet in the communal space if feeling convivial. There is even an in house therapy service.
Cortijo Sabila is clearly making an impact on the local scene, while we were there we heard that certain times were booking fast - repeat bookings are already coming in for next summer.
If you want a touch of magic - book it soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You will be guaranteed a warm welcome at Cortijo Sabila, a luxury Andalucian guest house nestled between two mountain ranges and near to a typical white Spanish pueblo. All guests suites are individually designed to reflect the cities of the region and have luxury en-suite shower rooms, or bathrooms. Beautifully appointed with antiques and objects d'art collected over many years by the owners. Bathrobes, Egyptian cotton towels and luxury toiletries are provided as standard. The seasonal uniquely shaped salt water pool and large (all year) spa have magnificent views of the mountains and offer guests peace and tranquillity. Breakfast is served at table and high quality international cuisine for romantic evening meals/lunches are available by prior arrangement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Cortijo Sabila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cortijo Sabila Villanueva Del Rosario, Spain - Andalucia