“Service beyond the call if duty”
Review of Winford Manor

Winford Manor
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Winford
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We booked a one night stay at Winford Manor via Hotels.com and arrived after 10.00 pm to find that there was no room available for us. We were very disappointed as the hotel and it's surroundings looked really lovely. We were advised by the lady who we met at reception that they had had several other guests who arrived having booked that day through the Internet and who could not be accommodated. We were advised that the issue was not due in any part to the hotel. Anyway, the reason I am rating the hotel as very good is how their staff member, Georgia, dealt with our predicament. Remember, it was now 11 pm ! She telephoned a local bar which had accommodation to see if we could stay there. She then drove us to this new accommodation and gave her personal credit card as payment as we had been charged by Hotels.com for our stay in Winford Manor. We had a bed to sleep in for the night ...very comfy and much appreciated. Thanks Georgia for your outstanding service and assistance.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BucketList2308
There are newer reviews for Winford Manor

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This hotel is a real gem. The rooms finished to a high standard, the setting is excellent and whilst close to the airport it is very queit and you can be sure of a good nights sleep. The breakfast is also excellent. The staff were very friendly. I would stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are good here
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank stban2012
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The staff were very friendly and accomodating. great spot and the food was scrumptious. Highly recommend the place. We will be back. Great value for money Rooms very spacious lovely surrounds and good to get away from it all.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed here for a single night for a bit of luxury after a long weekend camping. The hotel is lovely. The rooms are nice. Sadly the service at breakfast was a real disappointment. We were looking forward to a full breakfast and made it down long before the breakfast deadline of 9.30am. We ordered porridge for our son then the waiter vanished. I went searching at 9.30am suspecting the worse. I found our sons porridge sitting under the switched off hot plate and an empty kitchen.
We were offered no explanation as to what happened. Maybe it was a busy morning. We had to settle for the limited complimentary continental breakfast. Oh well. No apologies either.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jonny_Chanook
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The room is very clean and the staff are friendly. The entrance and bar area is modern and gives a good impression of the hotel. Rooms are well equipped and clean, mine had a wet room, tea and coffee with herbals as well as caffeinated drinks, plenty of plugs, hair dryer and straighteners (eeww, I was a bit grossed out by those but that's probably just me).

My advice would be that the staff on the desk need to be a little bit more polished on check in and out. Two of them started having a conversation mid check in leaving us standing there not knowing whether to make our own way to our rooms or not. This was picked up after an awkward minute or two. On check out the girl hardly looked up at me from the phone whilst taking my room key. Didn't leave me with a warm fuzzy feeling.

Saying that one of the reception staff was very helpful running an iron up to the room and coming promptly when my TV didn't work.

I will feedback on the restaurant first. A very efficient lady greeted us and showed us to the table. The selection was good and presentation modern and good. I had issues with my burger but all changed no hassle.

Breakfast was a bit of a disaster. The Buffet you get free with the room is very sparse, with a few slices of meat, some white and brown sliced bread, croissants, sliced cheese, cereal, fruit, yogurt. So I ordered eggs Benedict. The first one came and the sauce was split. So much that the muffins were soggy and swimming in grease and the solids from the sauce sat crumpled on the top of what looked like lovely poached eggs. I asked the kitchen if they would replace and they did, with more of the same. I was told that the sauce on top (the solid bit) was in the process of melting. The chef was a very nice guy and was clearly doing his best but honesty is always the best policy, the sauce had split again. I would have been happy with two of the lovely eggs on toast an an apology about not being able to deliver the hollandaise for whatever reason.

Linens in the room clean, the room very cosy and I slept well. My TV didn't work and after a lot of trying I resorted to watching my ipad (glad I brought it).

I would still stay there if I needed to fly from Bristol, as the facilities were good and complaints about the food were quickly and cheerfully rectified.

Room Tip: Lots of coming and going early due to airport so if that bothers you don't face the car park.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lyzzie
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Chosen for its proximity to Bristol airport (no airplane noise AT ALL!) the overnight stop was very pleasant. Comfy beds and GREAT food.
We took advantage of the Hotel parking for the week. We were delivered promptly to departures and they have a clever collection system on our return. Very easy we will use them again. Despite its name which might imply otherwise, the decor is ultra modern, so don't expect old world interiors,but its very smart the staff are very friendly and it cut the airport hassle to nothing both ends of the holiday.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I have MS and use a wheelchair and found Winford Manor on the web, liked what I saw, and gave it a try. We stayed for three nights, The room (No 22) had everything I needed, shower seat, higher toilet, rails everywhere. The bed was higher to aid ease of transfer from/to the w/chair. Staff friendly, caring and professionaL The continental breakfast was delicious, all you could eat. The cooked breakfast is delicious too. Evening meals reasonably priced and good.
Would really recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rely on front desk
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winford
Hampton by Hilton Bristol Airport
Holiday Inn Bristol Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House
The Town and Country Lodge
Redhill House
Redhill House
#1 of 2 in Redhill
Lyncombe Lodge Hotel & Restaurant

Been to Winford Manor? Share your experiences!