“Fabulous food”

Ranked #1 of 5 Winford B&B and Inns
Clevedon, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Had an excellent evening here. Started in the unassuming beer garden with a drink and appetisers and as the sun dipped ate in the restaurant inside. Although you can eat anywhere in the pub.
The menu was imaginative, creative and inviting. The food did not disappoint. The four of us all chose different meals and all were delighted. The vegetarian in our group said it was the best veggie meal he had had in his holiday.
We all felt very pleased with our evening. The host was very friendly and has worked hard to make the decor very tasteful in the year he has been there.

Room Tip: Didn't sty here. Just thought it was a pub restaurant.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

I read some nice reviews on trip advisor, only to be bitterly disappointed on arrival. Although the room was clean and decent and the barman was pleasant, the owner was absolutely SHOCKING! Firstly we arrived at 9pm, after calling ahead, and was rushed to our room. He said he has left the kitchen open and not to rush and as I went back outside to grab my bag and my boyfriend who was in the car park, to be followed by the owner asking if we wanted it.. Yes, so went
back inside and, as we put our bags down and splashed some water on my face after a 6hours drive, we came down. Whilst reading the menu, the owner came over and said, ready? I said just looking, one minute he said so do u want to stay? Do u mind if you don't? We have kept the kitchen open and you are messing about! WHAT!!!! I was so shocked I just got my stuff and left. Absolutely appalling service, I can recommend this guy has the worst customer service I've ever experienced and I will gladly recommend the sun up the road.. Much cheaper, much nicer and much more friendly.. Different league! First time this guy has run a pub... And last no doubt! Appalling!

• Stayed June 2014
8 Thank Charlie1118
Warminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stopped in for a drink as we were visiting my old childhood haunts from when I lived in Bristol. Very friendly staff made us feel like we'd been locals for years. We decided to stay for lunch and are we glad we did. I had catch of the day which was fresh Cornish haddock in the lightest, crunchiest batter ever; fab! My husband had steak and Stilton pie, I had to stop him licking the plate! We had two lovely sweets as well, and the bill with drinks was just over £44. Couldn't fault it! We will be back

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Falmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

It is very unfortunate that I write this review as previous reviews on Booking.com (from which I based my accomodation booking) gave a different picture from the one I actually experienced myself. I am in complete agreement with, the good location, the room was clean and nicely decorated and I was looking forward to a good meal in the Pub restaurant.

However, I can only assume that the owner was under an extraordinary amount of stress that made him act so rudely and irrationally towards me, following the simple request to have the sash bedroom window open which I was unable to open myself as the paint had caused it to stick. I felt the abrupt comment "you haven't booked the Hilton" was completely inappropriate as I'm an avid supporter of local businesses coming from a small community myself.

Unfortunately this escalated and I was then reprimanded for not having read all the information on the website or the guest literature in the room when I asked if there was a hairdryer available because I'd forgotten mine and thought there would be one in the room.

When the comment was made that I didn't look happy, I invited the owner to step into the room so as not to disturb the other guests and explained calmly that some of the comments made had been unnecessary.

To my complete shock, I was then subjected to what I can only describe as a tantrum, from a grown man. As someone who has worked in customer service I'm aware that in the hospitality industry you need to exercise self-control, even under testing conditions. Had I been a solo woman staying there, as I often do for work, I would have felt intimidated. The result of this was that I was ordered to leave, which I was happy to do under the circumstances.

I do hope that the owner’s partner, who was altogether calmer and more understanding which I appreciated, and who tried to help fire-fight the situation by giving me a phone number for alternative accommodation will be able to help remedy this unfortunate incident.

After all a B&B is ultimately a business, not a homestay, and your guests are your greatest advocates.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
12 Thank TCWorldTraveller
Almeria, Spain
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Popped in at random while killing time before a flight and had a nice drink, a read, and a chat. The view's fine too.
Wish there had been time for lunch as the menu reads really quite well.
Will go again. If only for the atmosphere.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winford
Winford Manor
#2 of 5 in Winford
Fox and Goose
Fox and Goose
#1 of 1 in Barrow Gurney

Been to The Dundry Inn? Share your experiences!