“What a Little Gem in Beautiful Exmoor”
Review of Perry Farm

Perry Farm
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Quantoxhead
Perry Farm
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We stayed here after a wedding evening at St Audries. What a beautiful house and gardens we found on arrival. Julian and Helen met us in the driveway along with their 2 wonderful dogs who were very friendly and all 3 escorted us to our lovely room. Had originally booked the en-suite but due to another booking of more than 2 nights Helen asked if we were ok to stay in another room which was just as lovely and had a large bathroom just along the corridor all to ourselves. The rooms were furnished beautifully with a very large bed, bed linen soft and beds very comfortable. Tea and coffee making facilities too. The breakfast was scrumptious and full of home grown produce. Unfortunately the weather was against us so we did not venture to the beach but thought it would be a good excuse to come back again, which we certainly intend to do.

All in all a very relaxing night's stay in a beautiful old house with character and warmth.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Perry Farm

Reviewed 14 July 2011

We booked to stay for 3 nights in July hoping for a few days of peace & relaxation in a beautiful setting. We couldn't have asked for more. Our room was spacious with a lovely comfy bed (great quality bedding) & wonderful views from the windows.
There is a private path leading from the farm down to the beach - perfect for an evening stroll in complete solitude.
The owners, Helen & Julian were brilliant hosts & nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast was one of the best we have had with as many ingredients sourced from the farm as possible. The setting for the farm is beautiful with the Quantock hills on one side & the sea on the other. Exmoor is on the dorrstep with its wealth of beautiful villages & wonderful walks and there are several pubs within a short drive of the farm .
Thankyou Helen & Julian for making our stay so relaxing. We hope to be back again next year.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2011

Helen and Julian give you a warm welcome and invite you to share their lovely old house and grounds. The rooms are beautifully furnished and there is a peaceful 'country house' atmosphere. Excellent breakfast. Supper features home gfrown produce and wine. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2010

I was attending a wedding at the nearby St Audries Park, but typically booked too late to stay at either the venue or the nearest B&B. The B&B recommended Perry Farm, and I am very glad they did. My initial enquiry call was received by a very friendly lady who turned out to be Helen, who owns the farm with her husband, Julian. I was sent a lovely handwritten confirmation letter along with a line drawing to direct me to the farm (satnav is also able to find the farm, so long as you actually follow the instructions).

The house is beautiful - 15th century in places - and you have your own entrance hall and stairway. There are 3 rooms, only one of which has an ensuite. I stayed in a cosy twin, which was nicely decorated, and had tea and coffee making equipment. The bathroom was only in the next door room, and was large and very clean. I peeked into the double with ensuite, which looked lovely.

The welcome I received was fabulous, from being brought a cup of tea to have in front of the fire before I left for the wedding, to having my bed turned down and a hot water bottle put in my bed to make sure it was toasty when I got back late. When I finally left, having spent ages talking to Helen, Julian took me back to the reception venue so I didn't have to get a taxi. The breakfast was great, with homemade compote and yoghurt as well all the usual staples.

The farm welcomes dogs and has 4 or 5 of their own. I don't mind dogs but am not a massive dog lover and was really pleasantly surprised that there was no smell of dogs at all.

All in all, a very pleasant stay!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo

Been to Perry Farm? Share your experiences!