“Great for a Hen/Stag”

Loughcrew Adventure Centre
Ranked #2 of 6 things to do in Oldcastle
More attraction details
Owner description: Loughcrew is Ireland's Adventure Centre and we are here to provide an action packed day for you. Enjoy the magical freedom here at Loughcrew, feel your adrenaline boiling as you venture onto the Witches Ropes Course, try your hand at archery and navigate yourself through the Forest Crystal Maze. Choose from our activities to make the perfect day out. Zip Line, Witches Ropes Course, Climbing Wall, Assault Course, Forest Crystal Maze, The Crannog Challenge, Archery and Zorb Football!
Carlow, Ireland
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great for a Hen/Stag”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Went here for a hen party and it was an absolute blast. We were there for over 3 hours and did loads - ziplining, assault courses, team building and all that kind of stuff. It was great craic and everyone enjoyed it. Had a BBQ afterwards as part of our package and it was delicious. They really looked after us - gave us champagne too - it was a brilliant day. Highly recommend it for a hen or stage party; it's right craic!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Minn86
LoughcrewFM, Public Relations Manager at Loughcrew Adventure Centre, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Great to hear you had such a wonderful day. We really hope to see you again soon.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent all round”
Reviewed 5 April 2013

My first visit to Lough Crew was on Feb 23rd as part of a group of friends. The day was freezing cold but nothing could dampen the enthusiasm of the staff and everyone involved in the day. We spent the whole day at the centre and had a brilliant time. The staff were fantastic and added to our overall enjoyment but letting noting dampen our spirits even the cold. We had soup and sandwiches in the coffee shop and lunch time and they hit the spot as did they delicious cakes on offer.
As a group we had visited a few other centres offering similar experiences but Lough Crew outshone them all and we are already planning our next trip back and rain, snow or shine we know we'll have another great day.

2 Thank SineadC470
Thank you very much for your kind words. We really hope to see you again soon
Naas, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Brilliant, busy day out”
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Had a brilliant day here last week, with non-stop activities all day. It's something new and different to do with a day and Loughcrew do their best to make sure you enjoy yourself. We wanted t pack in as much as we could and we got to do just that.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank FeidhlimO
Great to hear you enjoyed your day so much, we really hope we will be seeing you again soon
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A memorable, unique day out for all ages!”
Reviewed 6 March 2013

The Loughcrew adventure course is unlike any I have experienced before. Having been to a number of other adventure centres around Ireland, I thought none of the others had as broad a range of activities onsite or as much value for money as Loughcrew. Even if heights aren't your thing there are plenty of other activites to occupy and entertain you like Archery, team challenges, obstacle courses and The Crannóg Challenge.
The schedule of activities is tailored to the group and is quite laid-back, with each group member having ample time to try each task, (more than once if they wish!) and no one being rushed along. This I found very refreshing compared to other experiences I've had as I'm not the bravest of people.
The instructors are brilliant too- so helpful, friendly and they really put you at ease when the fear creeps in! Dwayne and Jamie looked after us and they really couldn't have done a better job! Thanks again guys! :) It was also lovely to be remembered by everyone, as this was our second visit to the course.
The coffee shop onsite was fantastic too, with mountains of delicious, tantalising treats and the most amazing hot chocolate on offer! The ladies there were lovely and still kept the smiles on their faces and kind words flowing, despite being rushed off their feet catering to our every need.
So if you are looking for something different and a great day out, Loughcrew is the place for you! Make sure you wear old clothes and bring a towel, plastic bags and plenty of baby wipes with you though, as even if the weather is dry, there are still mounds of mud everywhere and the course goes ahead in hail, rain or snow! This all adds to the fun and enjoyment of the day though, as we discovered! Another essential item I would bring is your camera, as there are so many priceless moments on this day out that you are going to want to capture forever!! Hahaha! I really can't praise this place, the people and service enough and it just gets better with every visit! Don't miss out!

2 Thank Gerlbean
Thank you very much for all your kind words, we really appreciate it. I have passed on your praise to the staff. Thank you again and we really hope we will see you again soon.
673 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,254 helpful votes
“Best adventure day course in Ireland- visit here quick (and bring your friends!)!!”
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Loughcrew adventure centre is amazing- I have been raving about it to anyone who will listen! This was my second visit with a group of friends, we had been so excited about returning due to the fantastic time we had first time round. I had originally saw photos of a friend of mine who had visited and as soon as I saw the photos I knew I had to visit! It is a day of pure fun and craic (and at great value)!
The instructors were fantastic- we had Dwayne and Jamie. They really helped to make the day enjoyable and organised so many great activities for our group. They are very professional while also being very friendly at the same time. We did a zip line, various obstacle courses, a climbing wall, archery and lots of team activities. My particular favourite was the 'nightline' obstacle course... and you do it blindfolded (with plenty of muck thrown in for good measure!).

We did a full day so we arrived at 10am and were there til about half 4, including a break in the middle where we went back to the cafe for lunch. We had ordered lunch - €7 for soup and sandwiches (it was lovely). There is also lovely hot chocolate/tea/coffee and plenty of gorgeous homemade buns and cakes in the cafe.

Make sure to wear old clothes+runners and bring a change of clothes... and plenty of baby wipes and a towel if you intend on running through the lake or if you do the obstacle course through the stream!!

My friends and I have visited many adventure courses in Ireland and this is without a doubt the best one we have been to. I cannot recommend it highly enough and I can't wait to return again! It is only an hour from Dublin and is easy to get to by car.
I would highly recommend it for groups of friends who like outdoor activities, for hen/stag parties, birthday parties, work team building trips and for school tours (middle-upper primary level and all secondary level). The adventure course is suitable for young and old.
If you haven't been here yet, get planning because you will have a brilliant day!

5 Thank champkis
Thank you very much for all your kind words it makes our job so much easier and better. We really hope we will be seeing you again soon.