“ENJOYABLE ONE NIGHT STAY”
Review of Whyte Harte Hotel

Whyte Harte Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Bletchingley B&B and Inns
west sussex
“ENJOYABLE ONE NIGHT STAY”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Just returned from a nights stay at the Whyte Hart. We went to a function nearby but spent quite a bit of time here before and after. We paid fifty pounds for the accomodation whch included a full(and I mean full)english breakfast.

After we checked in we went to the bar which was quite busy and the service was a bit slow but we were in no hurry. Bar prices were a bit high but choices were good. As we were expecting to eat at the function we decided to just choose from the starters. The food was superb and beautifully presented, again not cheap but you get what you pay for.

There was nothing wrong with the accomodation but it is worth remembering the age of the building(16th century I believe). The room was warm, the bed was really comfortable. The only complaints we had was lack of wardrobe space and the room was poorly lit. But we both slept well.

The crowning glory was the breakfast and the service that went with it it was worth staying there just for this,

All in all a pleasant experience!!!

Room Tip: As for a well lit room with plenty of wardrobe space.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank annanddaveWestSussex

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights while down on business. My commute to London was easy and it was such a bonus to come back at night and relax in front of the fire. Great food, friendly staff, good location and the rooms are clean and tidy. I will be back

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Stu_b2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Quite an average stay, the rooms are nice but I've definitely seen cleaner. Also when staying over weekends it does get very noisy no matter which room you are in. Great atmosphere but not what you want if your after a solid nights sleep!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Callum W
Reigate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I have eaten here 5 times now and have never been disappointed. I had the lamb roast and it was the best in the area that is for sure. i have had the oxtail soup which was so tender it just fell apart. I have had the fetucinni with mushrooms and chicken which was lovely. I also had the gluten free chocolate cake which was amazing. it was so light and you would have no idea it was gluten free. we have also sat by the fire and had the fish mongers starter for 2 people which is an array of different fish dishes which was lovely. On another ocassion i had their fish and chips. I am sure after living in the uk for 20 years and brought up in canada with a uk influence i have had enough roasts and fish and chips to know that this place has the best oxtail stew, best sunday roast and best fish and chips in surrey/sussex area. it is a must. Only criticism is that the service is very slow. They must make it from scratch. I am an inpatient person but this was worth waiting for. I am going back again this sunday.

Room Tip: you must eat in the restaurant it is fabulous
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank lovetobespoiled1
Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I visited the Whyte Hart for a business meeting for a total of five us.

I was impressed by the choice of ales available and the menu looks like proper effort by a chef has been made, rather than being dictated to by the head office of a chain like Mitchells & Butlers.

Being unoriginal I thought I'd go for fish and chips - tentatively I wondered whether I'd get Mitchells & Butlers standard, but in fact what was presented was the best fish and chips I've had for some years with a pea and herb version of mushy peas and excellent tartare sauce to accompany a fish which represented more of a whale.

Business sadly doesn't take me to Bletchingley that often - if it did, I would undoubtedly return time and time again to the Whyte Harte.

Excellent effort by the chef and the kitchen team - recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ConsumerBloke
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2013

we are a rambling society of about 30 who had admittedly turned up with no prior notice and all ordered individually. A young man was serving on his own but was finally joined by the manageress?? I was served by her and ordered a steak sandwich for £8.99 on the menu only to be told that the menu was wrong and it was £9.99!! Eventually she agreed the advertised price and then disappeared. Despite this the food was fantastic and the young man could not have been more accommodating. We will be back but give advance notice.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nicky G
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed recently at the Whyte Harte for a business trip as it was easy to commute to London. It is not at all what I expected(not your typical high street hotel) way better!!! The hotel is lovely, my room was comfortable, and clean and had everything i needed. The service was very efficient and friendly, it felt like I had been staying there for years. The best thing about the trip was the food, it was outstanding...I would go as far to say it was better than any of the meals I had when in London. I will definitely be returning

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Brradmister
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bletchingley
Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa
Best Western Reigate Manor Hotel
Bridge House Hotel
Bridge House Hotel
#3 of 3 in Reigate
Langshott Manor Hotel Gatwick
Hartsfield Manor, Betchworth
Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Been to Whyte Harte Hotel? Share your experiences!