Loch Watten House
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Bit of a mix up with the booking - we used an Agency named "Private House Stays" which pre-charged £50 only to find that there was no assurance that we had accommodation and subsequently learned that the owners did not recognise that organisation. Having diembarked at Gills Bay from the excellent Pentland Ferries 1900 arrival we were in Loch Watten House by 1930 which proved to provide all that was required for a nightstop. Alan and Katryn were excellent, friendly hosts - "really nice folk", according to my wife.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the road to the front of the house and altho little used, vehicles did make a noise - ok it was so warm (!!!) we had the windows fully open.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank patbarron
Reviewed 15 June 2013

For too long I have hesitated to post a review on this B+B for fear that it might become too popular for me to get in ! My recent visit has shamed me in to doing the decent thing and letting others know of this outstanding establishment.

On arrival you are guaranteed a very warm welcome from Kathryn and Alan who are always prepared to go that extra mile and some to ensure an enjoyable stay. As other reviewers have commented, the breakfasts are awesome, by far the best I have experienced anywhere. I have stayed previously with my wife and daughters and at other times with fishing buddies. The B+B is equally suitable for both types of clientele.

All rooms are comfortable and I honestly cannot think of anything negative. The fact that I have returned on so many occasions says it all. If you are intending being in the far north-east of Scotland you will not find a more welcoming place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank george s
Reviewed 13 January 2013

If you would like a taste of Scottish hospitality stay at the Loch Watten House Bed and Breakfast. Kathryn and Allan are the best! The rooms are cozy, the hosts are most accomadating and breakfast is awesome. The eggs come right from their own chickens. If you walk away hungry, it's your own fault. Rooms are clean and comfortable. They vary in size. There is a room that can accomadate a family with children. Lovely sitting room for guests with great reading material. It was one of the best stays during our adventures in the UK. Wonderful accomadations, at a great value.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JDtunes
Reviewed 14 September 2012

We stayed here for one night and thoroughly enjoyed it. From the warm reception to the clean spacious rooms, it made our stay very enjoyable. Breakfast was delicious and served in a large room that had a play area for my grandson. I would recommend this B&B to anyone looking for accomodation in Loch Watten

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Debbie B
Reviewed 30 August 2012

My husband and I stayed at Loch Watten House for the bank holiday weekend in August.
Alan and Kathryn are wonderful hosts! Incredibly helpful and so friendly.
They waited for us till very late in the night on Friday as our plane was delayed. They helped us to find places we needed and wanted to see.
Breakfast was delicious, room very clean, bed very comfy. The moment we walked in we felt like at home.The place has got a soul.
It's also ideally situated - between Thurso and Wick, not far from John O'Groats. Very peaceful.
I would strongly recommend to stay in Loch Watten B&B.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple