“Superb food but the bosses could be a bit friendlier ”
Review of The Peacock Oxhill

The Peacock Oxhill
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Oxhill
Price range: US$4 - US$33
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A country pub located in picturesque south warwickshire between banbury and stratford upon avon. Serving cask marque beers and fresh, local home-cooked food, all freshly prepared to order.
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I've been here a few times with friends and family, it's not cheap but the food is always excellent and there is tons of it. I've always gone away feeling stuffed of top quality tucker! Even the bread and butter is uber nice. Waiting staff are nice but a couple of times I have just found the head honcho (I think) a bit "off". I get a sense that they are so popular they are almost doing you a favour by giving you a table. Or maybe it's just me. Otherwise it's great but have deep pockets.

1  Thank Bumblespider

Reviewed 17 July 2014

A fantastic example of a great country pub. First time visiting I had just dropped in for a drink and was impressed with their draught beers, including Budvar and Cornish Rattler. I had a quick look over the menu and was staggered by the sheer size, but nonetheless, I decided not to pass judgement until I had eaten there myself.

After seeing a few plates being brought out for other customers, I decided I'd definitely return for food. A couple of weeks later, I returned and what a great meal it was. I would thoroughly recommend The Peacock, a hidden gem of Warwickshire.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Occasionally you find a place that reminds you why England can be such a fantastic place to live. My wife and I decided to venture slightly off the beaten track and check out The Peacock yesterday evening and what a complete treat it was. The village is beautiful and the pub is picture perfect. Warwickshire at its very best! The staff were warm, welcoming and very professional and there was a great selection of beers and ciders. The highlight however was the food. An amazing choice and it all looked superb (checking out other peoples plates!). The prices are very sensible however and we shared a starter of deepfried brie which was excellent. I then opted for the burger which was spectacular and my wife had salmin and brill with dauphinoise and lovely fresh crisp veg. Absolutely superb and we will 100% be going back. Well done everyone!!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We booked a table for two and were warned they were very busy, and were they busy ......... Now there is busy and there is overstretching the whole staff team, to the detriment of other diners and regrettably that is what happened on this busy Saturday night. A large party in the back room seemed to consume all of the energies of the staff and waiting times well exceeded what I deem as reasonable ( 50 minutes for the main course is not reasonable). So the waiting, having to remind the staff that they needed to clear away the starter plates before placing down the main course and the very nosiy party of local diners/drinkers on the table behind all combined to make for a frustrating evening. The food was excellent however and though the price reflected the high quality, the ambience is clearly that of a village pub. I will visit again but perhaps at lunchtime.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I took my daughter for a meal at The Peacock on the recommendation of a friend. She is Gluten free, so when I found the pub offered a gluten free menu I thought we would give it a try. The website is up to date and gives a flavour of what to expect.
After a lovely drive into the countryside, we arrived. The car park was big and the pub (Thursday evening) was busy, obviously popular. We pre booked and a table in the restaurant area.
The landlord offered a friendly welcome and I was delighted to fine the pub had its own beer Peacock ale.
We had olives - but went for the main course - I had one of the ten pound treats fish gougons, excellent value, my daughter had salmon kebabs - large chunks of salmon with rice and vegetables. The food and presentation was first class and we did not have to wait long. We decided to have desserts - these are a must! Banoffee pie and Eton Mess both wonderful.
We really enjoyed the meal, I will be going again and next time I will take my wife!
I have been recommending the Peacock to friends - I hope they enjoy it as much as we did!