“Hotel service is slow”

Greenhills Elan Hotel Modern
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in San Juan
“Hotel service is slow”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

Receptionist are very slow and only few seats are available at reception so you have to stand for sometime and wait.The room is average but we were lucky to be upgraded to a better room. The only advantage is the location which is a stone throw away from shopping and dinning area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GREENHILLS ELAN H, Manager at Greenhills Elan Hotel Modern, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dearest Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing Greenhills Elan Hotel Modern for your recent stay in San Juan. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.
We hope that the accommodations and service were to your liking, as complete satisfaction is our goal at Greenhills Elan Hotel Modern.

We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Thanks again, and we hope you'll choose Greenhills Elan Hotel Modern the next time you're in San Juan.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

The hotel is clean and I can say well-maintained. The staff are okay but not the customer service I expected. They should be more friendly-professional. The rooms are clean. I was just not satisfied of the buffet breakfast. There was nothing out of the ordinary. but overall stay. I can say that I would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

Room Tip: Just choose the one-bedroom suite on the 5th floor..you'll get your money's worth.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GREENHILLS ELAN H, Manager at Greenhills Elan Hotel Modern, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Sir/Madam:

We would like to thank you for your review in our Hotel.

We appreciate that you find the hotel very well.

We apologize if you find our staff unprofessional, but the next time you will stay here, we'll give you the best of our service.

Thank You very much.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

The hotel per se is excellent. however below experiences were observed to be disgusting:

1. Upon arrival at hotel, my online booking is nowhere to be found. Luckily, I brought the Hotel Voucher.
2. In Greenhills Hotel, you have to pay full before getting a key. Customers are not trusted, I believe. This policy is not applciable to other hotels I used to stay not only in Phils but other country as well.
3. I stayed in the Presidential Room, but I was told to pay internet connections. Very funny !!!
4. During breakfast, it has to be confirmed if applicable for 2 persons. It was actually in the online booking brochure, however, seems nobody knows.
5. By mistake, I completely lock the personal vault. When asked, I was told to pay extra services. So I shouted the reception to just send the technician and pay whatever cost. The content is very important, of course, otherwise no need to use the vault. Seems staff are so stupid.
6. During online booking, I had included limousine request from Hotel to airport but nobody knows that makes me upset at the reception.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank reypg1433
GREENHILLS ELAN H, General Manager at Greenhills Elan Hotel Modern, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Sir/Ma'am,

The Management of the Greenhills Elan Hotel Modern wishes to apologize for the inconvenience which happened to you during your stay at our Hotel.

We are pleased to inform you that giving an action regarding your complaint, we are humbly and deeply sorry about that happened in our hotel. We would like to propose that if in case this would happen again guest may call the Hotel Duty Manager directly.
With regards to your request of transportation or any guest request, e-mail the hotel directly at info@greenhillselanhotelmodern.com or at reservation.gehm@yahoo.com.

We thank you for your feedback for this will improve our service.

Once again, please accept our heartfelt apologies.

Travellers are raving about these San Juan hotels

Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

I hosted a KTV party with my family and colleagues. I booked 2 superior rooms 4 weeks ahead of the scheduled party and i truly appreciate their promo of getting 50% off the rooms upon online booking. We enjoyed pretty much our stay and so conveniently located. Definitely we will be reserving again once they have promos including KTV.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Sir/Madam:

We would like to thank you for choosing Greenhills Elan Hotel Modern for your stay in San Juan. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.

We appreciate your good review to help the other reviewer to find out how was Greenhills Elan Hotel Modern's service.

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

Stayed here for a week. This is our second stay at this hotel/apartment. We chose it again due to the great location. The hotel is situated close to shopping and dining and is in a safer area. Hotel staff were always friendly and helpful. Rooms need improvements. Lighting inside the room is terrible; half the room is completely dark even when every light in the room is turned on. We had a kitchenette in our room but it was kind of pointless because there was no microwave. And, the hotel charges for food to be heat up. Carpets are dirty!!!! so make sure you wear in room slippers. WIFI is a hit or a miss and there is a fee. We would stay here again, due to the location of the hotel, but I wouldn't book at full price, only if there is a promo.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
GREENHILLS ELAN H, General Manager at Greenhills Elan Hotel Modern, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
January 28, 2014

Sir/Ma'am,

We are pleased to inform you that we are giving an action regarding your complaint.
We are humbly and deeply sorry about that happened in our hotel.
We are now proposing a new room facilities and amenities to improve our service and to give more good and excellent service.
Once again, please accept our heartfelt apologies.

Quezon City
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

Stayed in room 1016 and have the following observations:

Cons:
1. I inquired if they have wifi and made specific request for room to be reserved near it. They gave me the room price of P4200 plugs P2k deposit. NO mention that there is additional fee for wifi. Surprised upon check-in that they are charging P200 extra for it.

2. Decided to avail of wifi the next day and the connection was not reliable at all. I get disconnected while doing webinars in my room. I get disconnected almost every 10 minutes.

3. The bed design is awful. Its frame can result to you getting bump your on lower legs that may result to bruises and wounds.

4. Got a wound because of the bed corners. I requested for band-aid strip and they can't provide. I asked if they have iodine or any wound cleanser or disinfectant and they can't provide one either. I asked if I can give them money so they can buy nearby. They answered that they can't go out.

5. Breakfast. Some food too bland while others are too salty such as their luncheon meat.

Suggestions:
1. Team has to experience staying in provincial hotels. I have been experienced far more better service and at a better price in comparison to this hotel. Now I realized I need to make time reviewing all the great hotels I visited since August in the provinces that were far far far more better than this time and at an even affordable or half its price.

2. Have a first aid kit. I recall the last time I got wounded was in a supermarket where another customer accidentally pushed the cart negligently and hit my heel. I asked help from the the staff and a guard who immediately gave me a wound cleaner and band aid to remedy my situation. This hotel hardly has any sense of customer service at all.

3. Don't charge for wifi if your service quality is low.

4. Honor your reservation commitment and don't give surprise charges upon check-in.

I wish I can say that I will not come back to this hotel again but can't tell. I only hope that their service will improve next time.

Room Tip: Havent' checked the other rooms so I can't comment. But definitely, don't get room 1016.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank janettetoral
Arlington, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Four of us flew down to attend a wedding, great location near green hills mall Great savings.
The two of us ( a couple) were upgraded to a suite Free! Large bedrm with separate living area.
Just had an hour full body massage ( my 1st) for about $9 US.
Free breakfast buffet.

Richmonde Hotel Ortigas
Novotel Manila Araneta Center
Novotel Manila Araneta Center
#3 of 63 in Quezon City

Been to Greenhills Elan Hotel Modern? Share your experiences!