“Great Place, Great Price!”
Review of Hotel Noir

Hotel Noir
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Clifton
Cheshire
“Great Place, Great Price!”
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Just got back from a fab 2 night stay in York. My partner & I decided on a last minute weekend get-away & I came across Hotel Noir online. We paid £155.00 for 2 nights bed and breakfast in a Classic double room for a Friday & Saturday night - (considering most of the travel lodges were £80.00+ per night and room only) We were very impressed with the price. The hotel is a 5 minute taxi ride away from the station, although if you know where you are going you could probably walk it in 20-30 mins. On our arrival we were greeted by a friendly chap on the desk who explained all we needed to know to us. We stayed in room 422. The room was lovely & clean, bright & spacious & tastefully yet simply decorated, the en-suite was a little on the small side (long and narrow) however it was perfectly suitable for our requirements! The free minibar & tassimo machine were a fabulous little touch, along with the addition of complimentary news papers. Even the breakfast menu's in the morning contained local weather information for the day which I thought was a nice touch too. We ate in the hotel restaurant on the first night. The food was Amazing - we both ordered the handmade steak burgers - WOW. Absolutely the nicest burgers we have ever eaten ever! The food was all homemade and cooked to perfection. (seriously, if you go you have to try it!) The menu well priced menu too!
The hotel is a 12-15 minute walk to York minster down a straight road so no worrying about getting lost! - Can't wait to book our next trip to York, will definitely stay at Hotel Noir again without hesitation!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amanda W
HotelNoirAdmin, Manager at Hotel Noir, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Many thanks for an awesome review - so glad you enjoyed your stay and your food. I will pass on your comments to the chef and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Natasha Screeton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 14 January 2012

We got a great deal at laterooms for £49 for compact double room with full English breakfast. The rooms did what it said on the tin. It was compact but the bathroom was of good size and all very clean.
We had a few drinks in the bar area and the staff were very friendly and helpful especially Kim.
Breakfast was good quality with local produce and the serving staff were friendly.
My only gripe and it is very small is that the room got very warm during the night but easily rectified by opening the window.
I will be visiting this hotel again!!

• Stayed January 2012
HotelNoirAdmin, Manager at Hotel Noir, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Many thanks for your review and glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Berwick-upon-Tweed, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Stayed here just for one night and I think one night was sufficient. The man at the reception desk was not very welcoming and quiet miserable! The room was nice and spacious and had a lovely big bathroom, our coffee making facility's was a tassimo drinks machine which came with a little booklet on how to use it which was good.The breakfast was lovely! And the breakfast staff was very kind and very friendly. Unfortunately we got the same man as we did going into the hotel as we did coming out but never mind.

• Stayed January 2012
HotelNoirAdmin, Manager at Hotel Noir, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Mant thanks for your review - I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you again soon - your comments on Reception are noted and passed on.

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Got a late deal, for £69. was not worth any more than that. Parking was a sqeeze. Room was quite pleasant, with a couple of amateur DIY attempts in the bathroom. The free minibar was a small bottle of wine and beer, but a nice cofee machine. Overall it was modern looking, clean and a nice 15 minute into town.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
HotelNoirAdmin, Manager at Hotel Noir, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Many thanks for your review - I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you again. I'm sorry the bathroom did not meet with your satisfaction - we are doing our bext to update them as fast as we can.

Reviewed 30 December 2011

I booked a single nights accomodation on laterooms.com for £66 with breakfast included. According to laterooms.com it is usually £200 but I think that must have been a mistake. I felt what I paid was a good price to pay for the courtyard Accomodation. I certainly wouldn't pay £200 though!
There was no room left in the carpark but fortunately I secured the last spot on nearby street.
The wifi was very weak and unusable in the room and even the dining room. Surely a simple thing to sort out and such a frustration for the customer?!
Full English Breakfast was nice.
Final gripe was the shower head was loose in my room.
Overall I enjoyed my short stay and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed December 2011
HotelNoirAdmin, Manager at Hotel Noir, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Many thanks for your review. Agreed - you would not pay £200 for any room with us, I am not sure where that came from! With regards to the WiFi I will investigate that as we generally have a very stable and user-firnedly system which guests love so I am suprised you had issues. I apologise for the inconvenience.
I am very glad the other elements of your stay were good and would love to welcome you again.

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Got a great deat from Lastminute.com, £45 for a double with breakfast.

Parking free, room very small but clean (one or two issues - ipod dock never worked but that was soon replaces, no free drinks as advertised, again soon sorted - by quite a surely guy on reception, you do not great a guest with a sigh and a "what?"), room very very warm, breakfast okay.

As the title suggest you get what you pay for and i have no complaints and will return IF the deal is similar.

Room Tip: Get there early to get a parking space.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Our first disappointment was the check in. We had traveled for a few hours and got to the room at 1.30 pm. We were ready to dump our bags and freshen up. We were then told in a rather blunt way that we couldn't check in until 2pm. I was expecting the hotel to check if the room was ready and let us go in a little early. This is how I have been dealt with in the past at hotels.
On the plus side the bed was very comfortable. But we were disappointed again with the shower! A tap mixer shower when we were paying £120 for a room not including breakfast.
The breakfast was an additional £8 per head and I must say that this was very good and the staff very friendly in the morning.
I do think that this is an overpriced hotel for what you get. For the same price I have had much better quality.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clifton
Hotel Indigo York
Hotel 53
Hotel 53
#31 of 46 in York
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,759 reviews

Been to Hotel Noir? Share your experiences!