“Pleasantly surprised!”
Review of Hotel Noir

Hotel Noir
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Clifton
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Lovely comfortable hotel , breakfast lovely, staff very friendly and helpful, would definately stay again! Although little far from York centre, it is a pleasant walk,great to have parking at hotel also! Thank you liz and Megan Beckett

• Stayed: November 2013
HotelNoirAdmin, Manager at Hotel Noir, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Thank you for your review! I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope we can welcome you back to the hotel if you are visiting York again in the future.

Hotel Noir.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,143)

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Just returned from a 3 night stay. Absolutely brilliant! Our room was so spacious, the en suite was amazing, just like we have at home and all so comfortable. We fined in every night as the food was so good, all cooked yo order as were the breakfasts. The hotel was just 10 mis walk from York Minster and from there no distance to all the other attractions which were many. We had a brilliant time and I would happily recommend this hotel to anyone. Near the life if you want it but far enough away if you don't. Have a great time there.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful review! It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your meals so much! I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel if you are visiting York again in the future – please give us a call direct and we’ll make sure you get the best available room at the best available price.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Me and my husband stayed here for 2 nights and we're very wary of booking after reading some bad reviews on here, but I can Deffinately say I would stay here again!! The room was lovely, spacious, clean and tidy!! The complimentary mini bar with chocolates and the tassimo were a lovely bonus. We ate I'm the restaurant the first night and the meal was beautiful, the breakfast where of very good quality and the staff were polite and helpful. I would recommend stating here if your visiting York and it's only a 10minute walk to the city centre!!

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for your review, it’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your meal so much! I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel if you are visiting York again in the future.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I have stayed at the Hotel Noir once before and loved it...and this time I loved it even more....all the staff are fantastic, nothing is too much trouble for them...if we need anything we only have to ask and it's sorted immediately....the food is wonderful, the menu extensive and the food was cooked to order and I finally got a steak exactly how I asked for it..and believe me when I ask for a well done steak at most places it arrives black as coal and tough as old boots or still dripping in blood...my steak here arrived wonderfully tender, cooked to perfection and not a drop of blood insight...all the meals were top class and arrived at the table hot and very tasty, so very well done to the chef....All the staff are really friendly and helpful and efficient.....and a special thanks to Toni a lovely young waitress who was so kind and helpful to me and even nipped to a shop to fetch me some paracetamol when I had a bad headache...I couldn't believe how very nice and friendly all the staff are....The room we were given was large and very clean and had all the facilities needed and expected... I have stayed in 'posher' hotels, but I have never stayed in a BETTER hotel.....the food, price, facilities and sheer friendliness of the Hotel Noir and all the staff will definitely keep me going back as often as I can....Many thanks to everyone there for really trying to give everyone a wonderful and stressfree holiday.

2  Thank SandraSharika

Thank you for your lovely review! It’s wonderful to receive such praise – I have passed on your kind comments to Toni who has been a great addition to our team here. Please give us a call direct next time you are visiting York and we will make sure you get the best available room at the best available price.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

We got a really good deal from lastminute and were not really expecting much for the money, apart from there being a bit of dust on a few things the room was well worth the price we paid (£38). Yes the shower was a little small but ok..

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review, I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! I will raise the issues with dust with our housekeeping department. I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel if you are visiting York again in the future.

Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

There's only 2 little niggly things. The bathroom a little outdated but srill fully functonal and carrying a heavy 14 month old up 2 flights of steep stairs was hard work but maybe I should have checked when I booked.

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for your review, I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay! As you say, we do not have the benefit of a lift, but we are happy to help carry your luggage upstairs, or alternatively we can allocate ground floor rooms when requested. A refurbishment programme is ongoing for our bathrooms at present. I do hope we can welcome you again if you are returning to York in the future.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Myself and my girlfriend recently spent one night here, lovely clean room with nice little extra's like a mini bar, ipod dock, TV and a comfy bed. the bar area was great, good price. Friendly staff, Car park. I will stay here again

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review, I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and do hope that we will see you again in the future!

Hotel Noir.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clifton
Mercure York Fairfield Manor Hotel
#31 of 47 in York
Park Inn by Radisson York
The Grand Hotel & Spa
Hampton by Hilton York

Been to Hotel Noir? Share your experiences!