“Great Stay! Nice Clean Rooms and Nicely Decorated!”
Review of Hotel Noir

Hotel Noir
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Clifton
Grassington
“Great Stay! Nice Clean Rooms and Nicely Decorated!”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed in room 101, thoroughly enjoyed my stay with my friend. The room met our need and I felt my money was well spent. The room has plenty of space and was incredible clean! 10/10- been to so many hotels where the room hasnt even been cleaned at all, but this one was spot on.

The girl on reception was lovely and helpful and polite. The atmosphere was great and the interior was well done.

Only gripe- car park too small for 4x4. But it has a safe side street.

Thanks guys- will be returning.

Room Tip: Room 101 was a fab family room!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
HotelNoirAdmin, Manager at Hotel Noir, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for your review, I’m very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope we can welcome you back if you are visiting York again in the future!

Kind regards, Hotel Noir

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My 5 year old and I stayed one night at Hotel Noir. We arrived at noon and got a raking spot straight away. We had a lovely L shaped twin room (432 on the top floor) with ensuite bathroom including a bath and shower. Mini bar included a small bottle of wine, a bottle of beer (bring a bottle opener with you for this one), can each of coke and sprite, plus two bottles of mineral water. Plenty of shower gel, shampoo and lotion in bathroom all complimentary too.

We could have done with a couple of bedside lamps and had we been staying longer than a night I'd have asked for these. There was a little light in the corner near one of the beds. Room had plenty of wardrobe and drawer space plus a dressing table with the Tassimo on top of it. Not much noise in this room other than creaky floorboards but what do you expect in a building of this age. Beautiful fireplace in the room.

We had both an evening meal and breakfast and found both to be delicious. It'd be nice of children weren't charged the full £9 for breakfast as 5 year olds don't eat very much! Customer service was sound. Upon arrival we were too early to check in but the gentleman was helpful and friendly. When we checked in the two ladies were friendly. The evening waitress was lovely - attentive and kind. The breakfast waitress was speedy and efficient. The lady who served us at check out was absolutely fine and tried to find out some additional info for us. She wasn't successful but she did try :-)

How were the hosts at Hotel Noir?

Sound. Evening waitress particularly smiley, kind and attentive. She was a credit to the place. 7/10

How clean was Hotel Noir?

We had no issues with cleanliness really. One pube in the bath but hey! 9/10

How were the facilities?

Great location. Only 15 min walk to Minster at a child's pace. FREE parking. Nice restaurant/bar area. Bath and shower ensuite great. Lots of COMPLIMENTARY toiletries. Great tea/coffee facilities. COMPLIMENTARY alcoholic and soft drinks a nice touch. FREE Wifi. Wall mounted TV. Plenty of storage. Could just do with some bedside lamps 9/10

How was breakfast at Hotel Noir?

Lovely. Bit pricey for a child's portion. 9/10

Would we stay again at Hotel Noir?

Yes. Absolutely.

Room Tip: 432 a nice L shaped twin room on top floor with plenty of storage. Relatively quiet too.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
HotelNoirAdmin, Manager at Hotel Noir, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for your detailed feedback! Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and I know that Toni was particularly complimented by your comments about her. I hope we can welcome you back if you are visiting York again in the future!

Milton Keynes
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We booked a classic double room and it came complete with dressing gowns, slippers, complimentary mini-bar, a Tassimo hot drinks maker - with fresh milk in the mini bar - large bath towels, an iPod player, flat screen TV, room safe and free Wi-Fi. There was even an electric heater just in case. The room was very comfortable indeed. For the forgetful, for example, shaving kits, dental kits, shower caps etc. are all available from reception at no charge. The ensuite was rather 'bijou' and there was no place to hang the really nice large bath sheets to dry. We slept well but were woken during the night by doors closing with a 'bang'. There is limited parking to the rear of the hotel which is just a 15 minute stroll from the centre of York. Breakfast is geared very much to the cooked options with for example, no yoghurts or fresh fruit items on the breakfast bar during our stay. However, the cooked options are hearty and freshly prepared. If there is no juice do ask as we noted that once the jug for the orange juice was emptied no one refilled it - and we were at our breakfast table for a good half hour. We ate in the restaurant one evening and both the service and the food were very good indeed. A really good place to stay in York. This hotel doesn't try and 'charge' you for all those little things which make such a difference.

Room Tip: A classic double with a view of the car park to avoid any road noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Walkhome
HotelNoirAdmin, Manager at Hotel Noir, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for your review, I’m very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and pleased that you appreciated the little extras we provide for our guests. I hope we can welcome you back if you are visiting York again in the future!

Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Was an easy place to find thanks to the old trusty sat nav, and me and my mature partner we're over moon we got a parking space! Anyway we was greeted by a lovely receptionist who couldn't wait to check us in, this made us happy as customers because We felt special!!! The best is yet to come, reading other reviews we expected a shower 'abysmal' to other guests but oh how wrong was we... As we entered the compact room, a bath greeted us!!!!! Words can't explain how happy I was, this made £51 worth paying! In all seriousness it's a cracking hotel for money and I'll be coming back sometime
All best si thi (p.s, the coffee machine is a work of art) #happy

• Stayed April 2014

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

I was really impressed with this hotel.
The room was nicely decorated, the quality of the furnishings were great, the hotel was a little quirky (this is a good thing for a small establishment) the breakfast was one of the best I have ever eaten at a hotel.

The only real negatives were the very small car park (found parking easy enough on back road) the proximity of the bed to the room door and the road noise in the evenings. I am being picky with most of these though hence 4/5

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
HotelNoirAdmin, Owner at Hotel Noir, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback, I’m glad to hear that you were pleased with your stay! I’m happy to confirm that we are having double glazing fitted throughout the hotel next month which will help alleviate the traffic noise which some people find disturbing. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind regards, Hotel Noir.
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Stayed here for one night in the double compact room. Thought the room was a good size, very clean and additions such as the mini fridge and tassimo machine made it feel very luxurious. My only criticism is that it is a bit of a walk from the train station. Perhaps I would have taken a taxi with my luggage. Once you are settled in it is not too much of a walk- about fifteen mins to the Minster. Overall a lovely stay. I have already started thinking about when I can go back!

• Stayed April 2014

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in April. Lovely hotel, nice and clean and only a short walk into York. Tiny car park but plenty of parking available nearby. Would definitely stay here again. Breakfast was lovely and plenty available.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Kind regards, Hotel Noir
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clifton
Hotel Indigo York
Dean Court Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Hotel du Vin York
Hotel du Vin York
#20 of 46 in York

Been to Hotel Noir? Share your experiences!