Beechwood Close Hotel
US$99
US$86
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Marmadukes Town House Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$116
US$119
US$116
US$125
US$100
US$100
  • Restaurant
Alhambra Court Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$281
US$139
US$133
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfull montycity centrefamily roomsmall hotelpark and ridepleasant walktea and coffee facilitiesnight staymin walkenglish breakfastfollowing morningfree parkinggood nights sleepshort breakyogurta lovely stayyork
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Recently stayed at this boutique hotel and found it quite comfortable and clean. We were fortunate to get room 2 - situated at the rear of the property with the most wonderful king size bed. Staff treated us very promptly and professionally.
Had dinner in the restaurant in the evening and enjoyed a nice breakfast before we checked out.
Perhaps one downfall is the very poor water pressure in the bathroom.

Room Tip: Request room 2
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Vicki P
Reviewed 15 October 2012 via mobile

Maybe I was unlucky, but this hotel didn't even come close to acceptable. Perhaps the owners need to make some quality checks on their staff. My bed was not properly made up on any of the days, in fact the quilt was only pulled up and not very well and the sheet still had my body impression on it. My room was left unlocked after a bed was removed from it without any warning that this would take place. One day the cleaner had to be asked by the owner to clean my room next at 3.30pm. I had to wait downstairs while this was done, was offered a drink while I waited, which I was reluctant to accept but after coercion had an orange juice. This drink was added to my bill. Breakfast was inedible and despite the large and almost empty dining room, I got into trouble for sitting at the 'wrong' table. Don't eat dinner there because it's horrible. I found dirty cutlery that I handed back to the staff who were apologetic. The only good thing is the location and car park facility. It was an easy walk into town. But there is no lift and all the rooms are up narrow and steep stairs, and nobody helps with bags. It was disconcerting to be asked at check-in if I had the capacity to get out of the building in less than 3 minutes in the event of a fire. I slept with a chair against the door as there was someone rustling around in the hall at night. It's noisy, the sound from other rooms can be heard. There are no standard toiletries provided at all apart from a soap dispenser in the sink. But don't expect it to be filled.

• Stayed: September 2012
5  Thank Travelquest23
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Stayed one night, and it was okay. The room was dated but decent enough, and the location is good, about a 20 minute walk into York. On the negative side, why do they not give a toss about the service they provide at breakfast. When we were there it was busy, but just one old fella taking orders and serving, and he just totally ignored us for 25 minutes before taking our order...as he did with eveyone there. Arrived in breakfast room at 9.00am and didnt get out till gone 10am...while waiting we got so bored one of us went back to the room...packed and loaded the car....got back to the table and the "waiter" still hane been over...unreal. When it came the breakfast was good, but if you are running a hotel why not make an effort with guests at the key times when you are with them?
Wouldnt stay again as I find being ignored for that long a bit of a stress at a time when I am on a night away chill out break.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Musicman442
Reviewed 11 October 2012

booked in for two nights,was working in the area,checked in and told the bedroom door had just been painted,so as you can imagine got no sleep with the strong smell of paint and told there was not another room vacant,went to restaurant to have evening meal,waited ages to be served and the meal was awful breakfast was'nt to bad but once again service was dreadful,felt like i was asking for a favour to be served,no ambience what so ever deadly quiet..in a nutshell will not be going back...one more thing creaking floorboards all night...

Room Tip: book somewhere else
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank joy c
Reviewed 8 October 2012

We found the hotel to be very clean with friendly staff. The full breakfast was excellent and well presented. It is rreasonably close to the city centre with a 15 minute pleasant walk to town. The bar is nice and cosy.
We will definately return as we had a great weekend.

Room Tip: We stayed in room #2 which was on the back and we couldn't fault it.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends