Beechwood Close Hotel
US$216
US$181
US$175
  • Restaurant
Alhambra Court Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
US$153
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfull montycity centrefamily roomsmall hotelpark and ridepleasant walktea and coffee facilitiesnight staymin walkenglish breakfastfollowing morningfree parkinggood nights sleepshort breakyogurta lovely stayyork
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 December 2012 via mobile

We came for a 2 night stay on a KGB deal, the room was basic and quite small. But it had everything we needed, hairdryer, iron and ironing board and the bathroom great size with bath and shower . There was Christmas parties on so was a great atmosphere, we ate here both nights and the food was excellent. We walked into York it took about 20 mins with some lively shops and tea room on the way.
The staff were all friendly and we would definitely go back .
Clare and the team are doing a great job X

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank EmmaMLeeds
Reviewed 8 December 2012 via mobile

If you want a family run hotel great value, good food, superb service this is the place as simple as that. Two star hotel FIVE STAR Service.

If you want cheap and cheerful instant food and fake smiles go to travellodge

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank Sf14sheff
Reviewed 26 November 2012

When I booked this hotel, it was because there was only one other room available for the night I needed, and the other room in a different hotel was £10 cheaper, but did not include breakfast.
On booking, I was a little confused about certain things (this was due to the operator website I used, not Beechwood Close), and I emailed Beechwood Close. I cannot praise them enough for the response which not only cleared up all my queries, but was received within minutes of sending my email.
On arrival, we were greeted by Pete, who told us everything we needed to know, and was friendly and professional.
Our room was faultless. Okay, a little small, but had everything we needed, plenty of space for clothes etc. and was spotlessly clean. The beds were so comfortable, and the bathroom was lovely. The room was at the side, and so was close to the main road, but there was no noise whatsoever and we were not disturbed by traffic or other people staying at the hotel.

The bar was lovely and welcoming. The hotel itself was lovely, the furnishing and decoration made you feel like you were in a country manner, and was comfortable as well as inviting.
We had one discrepancy at the bar, where we thought we had paid with a larger note, and I cannot praise the staff enough. Not only did they not take offence to our questioning this, but they immediately cashed up to rectify the issue, and this was sorted timely and professionally, without any issue.

All the staff were so helpful, from giving us advice of the best way to get into the centre, to getting us an extra mug for the room, and even calling us a taxi and letting us know when it arrived. They all went above and beyond what was expected of them.

Breakfast was absolutely fantastic. We were expecting very much what we were used to, as in a canteen kind of set up. So you can imagine our surprise to be greeted at the door, seated, and orders taken for hot drinks. We never expected a menu etc with our booking being B&B, and was overwhelmed by the options available. Breakfast was freshly cooked, and was delicious. The young man who was working in there was polite, attentive and very helpful, even when we were a little late leaving breakfast due to losing track of the time.

On check out, Pete was pleasant and polite, asking if we had enjoyed our stay and if everything had been okay, wished us a safe journey and thanked us for our stay. We were made to feel welcome from stepping into the hotel, to check out.

Find it very hard to believe that this only has a rating of 2 stars, as having stayed at 4 star hotels before; I feel that Beechwood Close hotel far exceeds any of these. All three of us in the party wished we had booked in for two nights, as the hotel and setting was so lovely and relaxing, we would have loved to have been able to spend the day relaxing in the comfortable and homely room, and the hotel communal areas, and to have tried the evening meals on offer there.

I have always been a "cheap and cheerful" kind of traveller, all I want is somewhere clean to shower and sleep. But I am so very pleased I paid that little bit more and tried this hotel. I would love to go back, and would recommend to others. Quiet location but easy access to centre, serene and tranquil setting, welcoming and cosy hotel, and staff that are eager to please and will do all they can to ensure your stay is exactly what you want. Faultless.

Room Tip: We were in room 3, due to their being 3 adults in our party. We were road facing but there was no noise whatsoever, so i think any room would be quiet enough for a good night sleep.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank BSZJM
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Having read some of the reviews on here, I was a bit apprehensive about our stay but on arrival all our worries disappeared. We were given room 4 which was a spacious room with a king and a single bed and an en suite bathroom. The bedding was spotless and the bathroom was clean and toiletries were provided(ie shower gel and shampoo and liquid soap). Having read some reviews on here I had taken my own with me but I needn't have bothered. There is a tv, hairdryer and iron and ironing board in the room and a wi fi code in the drawer beside the bed. Ample storage space and the room was nicely furnished.
Sadly, we didn't make it down to try supper in the hotel but the breakfasts were fab and set us up for the day. Good selection for a small hotel and all cooked to order, not like in the big chains where everything is languishing in the hot buffet for ages. We were staying at this hotel 14 November for three nights so it was a relatively quiet time but the service was excellent at breakfast, very speedy and efficient.
This was booked on a KGB deal and i was worried we might get sub standard room or service because we were on a special offer but we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It is a convenient location, a leisurely 20 min walk into the city, staff were friendly and liked a laugh and really comfy beds and memory foam pillows.
My only one wee gripe was the shower screen. It could do with some attention.
All in all, I would recomend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank babymac
Reviewed 11 November 2012

My daughter and I stayed here for two nights and would definitely return. The staff were welcoming and helpful, the food was lovely and the rooms were cosy and spotlessly clean. it was in an ideal location to walk in to York centre. all in all a lovely place to stay.

Room Tip: It's in a quiet area, so I don't think it would matter which room you had.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family