“A day not be missed with the best tour guide in Normandy”

More attraction details
Owner description: American Landing beaches guided tours in Normandy by an AmericanAir conditioned van seating 9. US sector of the beaches: Ste Mere Eglise, Utah, Point du Hoc, Omaha beach, US cemetery and off the beaten tracks...All year ! competitive prices !" You've got Allies here in Normandy !"
Reviewed 24 October 2013

The four of us hired Trevor to take us on his one day tour. We were so fortunate that the weather in early October was cool and partly sunny. From the moment he picked us up in his comfortable Ford van, Trevor gave us a running history lesson that put what we saw that day into perspective and in such great detail. He answered every question we had and he brought the events of D-Day and beyond down to a human scale with personal stories of soldiers and their families. He also has roots in the area so it's all personal to him. He clearly spends huge amounts of his free time reading.
We would highly recommend Trevor to be your tour guide in Normandy. He also had some great recommendations for restaurants and other sites in the area.

All reviews
in 13 reviews
in 9 reviews
in 24 reviews

Reviewed 22 October 2013

If you only do one tour during your entire trip to France ... this one should be it. Trevor took us to the beaches, the surrounding villages, and the American Cemetery while providing a most detailed account of the series of events, the planning, the geographical terrain which all played important parts during those months. He had us get out of the van and walk the beaches. I could almost hear the young men crying for their moms as they dying on the beach that day. A lump in my throat and tears in my eyes for all of the men/boys that died for our freedom. My freedom today. Trevor is so knowledgeable and was a joy to be with as he took us through this historical event!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

In early October 2013 our group of 6 friends booked a 2-day tour of the American D-Day sectors of Normandy, 1 day with Danielle Duboscq and 1 day with her son, Trevor Standefer. Danielle was born in Normandy in the summer of 1944, them married and moved to Texas, finally moving back to France. Trevor is from the US but has lived in Normandy for some time now. Both speak perfect English as well as perfect French. Trevor is extremely knowledgeable, particularly about the military aspects of the D-Day happenings. He is also a spell-binding story-teller. We got a tremendous amount from our visit, despite the fact that the US Government shutdown had caused the American Cemetery at Colleville-sur-Mer to be closed. Trevor took us up a back path from the beach so at least we could view the beautiful grounds. I would highly recommend Trevor (and his mother).

Reviewed 30 September 2013

On September 24, 2013, my sister, her husband, my husband and I had the pleasure of taking Trevor's American D-Day Tour from our cruise ship out of Le Havre to the German Cemetery, Pointe-du-Hoc, Utah Beach, Omaha Beach, Omaha Beach Museum and the American Cemetery. It was the best tour we took our entire trip! Trevor is a wealth of knowledge on the whole history of the area and has personal family ties to the Americans landing in France. Trevor's whole tour is done in honor of those whole gave their lives and those who survived the bloodiest day in American History. He has had the honor of giving tours to World War II Veterans to survived D-Day who have told him their stories, which he shares on his tour. The tour is a respectful and humbling tribute to D-Day. The entire tour tells the American side of the story and if you have a soul it will rock you emotionally to your core. It's a tour that every American should take at least once in their lifetime and if you have the chance to have Trevor give it to you, you are in for a life changing day.

There are many bigger companies that offer similar tours, but while strolling along listening to other guides I'm glad I had an American with no accent giving us our tour. I understood every word spoken. Trevor also maximizes our tours time by allowing us to ordering our lunch in advance so when we sat down for lunch the food was served quickly and we didn't have to wait long and be right back on our way.

If you are looking for a tour guide who will give you 100% history and no fluff, Trevor is your guy. We are all grateful for our experience with him!

See more reviews
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We took a 11 day cruise and one of the stops was Normandy. Trevor is the owner, tour guide and also is an American that married a French woman. Trevor was prompt in picking us up at the port (LaHarve) and very organized as to what he had planned for us for a full day tour, timing, plans for lunch and anticipated return time back to our ship which was important to our party of 6. Trevor was extremely knowledegable and informative and basically re-created what transpired in the planning of D-day, the execution of the Allied Plan and the successes and failures of the invasion in subsequent days and weeks. He made the invasion come alive for us. Perhaps the only negative might be the detail that he sometimes related to us of the D-day events but for most people interested in the invasion would find this a plus. I also think, being an American and he also being American is a plus in the perspective that he is coming from. I would not hesitate to recommend this tour to my friends and family. A job well done!