My twelve year old daughter and I shared a lovely room 5, with beds made up as a twin, on a quiet Sunday night. The room had great views of the countryside and was beautifully decorated in a mauve Laura Ashley colour scheme which was very restful. We appreciated the fresh fruit bowl and drinks provided: still and sparkling water, cranberry pressé and a decanter of sherry. Morning coffee was brought to our room with a newspaper - what a nice way to start the day. The bathroom had an excellent shower and all the toiletries we needed, together with fluffy towels, bathrobes and slippers.
Food was excellent: we enjoyed an afternoon tea, room service sandwiches and an excellent breakfast featuring eggs from the hotel's own hens during our stay. My Coronation chicken sandwiches were notably good. One thing I found unusual was that the hotel does not have a bar, but the friendly staff will take drinks orders and bring them to you in the morning room. Breakfast was fresh and plentiful, served in the pleasant light blue dining room while I read my complimentary newspaper.
The whole house and gardens were wonderful - like a National Trust stately home where you were allowed (and encouraged!) to sit on the chairs. The surrounding countryside is beautiful and the hotel is very handy for Hay-on-Wye. I would love to go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the banks of the River Wye amidst 17 acres of stunning landscaped gardens, this elegant Country House Hotel enjoys the full scenic beauty of the Welsh Countryside, within easy reach of the main A40 and the main town of Brecon. Enjoy the finest Welsh cuisine in the 2 AA Rossette award-wining restaurant, or just soak up the ambience by the blazing log fires. In the summer enjoy the views of the River Wye and the Black Mountains whilst relaxing with a drink on the outdoor terrace. The hotel also offers complimentary Wi-Fi throughout and free parking. Dating from 1632, Llangoed Hall is rich in local history, a fact that is expressed in its numerous period furnishings and antique fittings and a distinguished collection of paintings and drawings from such notable artists as Whistler, Herman Dudley Murphy and James Cowie. Such refined splendour has contributed to the hotels enviable reputation for hosting weddings. From large lavish parties with a marquee, to smaller affairs with a just few close friends and family, guests can relax safe in the knowledge that there every need will be catered to. Indeed, with such a picturesque location, including breath taking views across the Black Mountains, it is hard to imagine a more perfect venue for that most special of days. Each one of the hotels twenty-three en-suite bedrooms has been individually designed and exquisitely decorated with a full refurbishment in 2013. As well as the classic room types we also offer graceful four-poster rooms and luxurious suites. Every room is complete with all the necessary creature comforts one needs for a relaxing, stress-free stay including a flat-screen TV, telephone, free Wi-Fi access, bathrobes and slippers, fresh fruit and mineral water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Llangoed Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Llangoed Hall Hotel Llyswen
- Llangoed Hall Brecon
- Llangoed Hall Hotel Brecon
- Hall Llangoed
- Llangoed Hall Llyswen, Wales