“A lovely country house hotel well worth a look!”

Peterstone Court Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Llanhamlach
Reviewed 18 January 2008

Stayed here for 1 night just before Christmas and the hotel was bursting with festive charm. The hotel is impressive as you turn off the road and drive up to the main entrance. Upon entering, we were not disappointed! Lots of character and a nice blend of old and new - modern, bright, vibrant colours blended seamlessly with rich, dark, wood. The hotel was fully decorated for Christmas. Every room had a different Christmas look and feel with the dining room being a winter wonderland with several real Christmas trees and white twinkly lights.

We chose to stay in the stable block adjacent to the hotel as we wanted a more quirky room. The stable was lovely – bathroom downstairs, lounge and bedroom upstairs. The biggest problem was the bed – or what was two beds zipped together. The seam down the middle was annoying and worst of all the bed was the softest squishiest bed I have ever slept in. It was like sinking into a bed of feathers.

The food was fantastic – my compliments to the chef.
The setting of the hotel is superb. Customer service was fine but not great. A lovely stay made special by the Christmas decorations and great food.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CustomerServiceClare

Reviewed 7 December 2007

We held our wedding at Peterstone Court in Sept 07 and had a fantastic weekend. All of our guests had a great time and enjoyed the food.

Our friends and family stayed both nights and we were very well looked after from arrving for our spa treatments on the Friday afternoon to chilling out until Sunday lunchtime.

The food was great and the hotel looked fantastic. A perfect country hotel, really nicely decoratedand they even tailored their floral displays with our colours for the day. The public rooms are ideal for a small to medium size wedding (90 guests for us) and the guest rooms were all fantastic (we saw them all!)

Jessica was a great help and gave us great confidence that the day would go off well, and it did.

We will definately go back for an anniversary weekend and would recommend this as both a wedding venue and a great place for romantic weekend.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sarahandpaul99
Reviewed 19 November 2007

Have just returned home from Peterstone Court following my daughter's wedding. We spent the weekend at the hotel and whilst the setting is spectacular and the hotel quite lovely, I did not find the staff particularly friendly or helpful apart from Jessica the wedding planner.
I did not feel that the staff went out of their way to ensure that my daughter and her fiance were made to feel special in any way, in fact I felt they were overlooked as were the rest of the party whilst the staff got on with hotel activities. Any communication we had with the staff was short and abrupt to the point where we felt we were causing a nuisance.
We were neither consulted nor involved with any of the wedding arrangements as a consequence my daughter and my husband were unaware of what she should be doing until they reached the foot of the staircase, when my husband asked for the registrar to be called to advise them! Another consequence was that the table arrangements were not as my daughter wanted, which was only discovered when everyone was seated.
None of this however impacted on my daughter's day as we ensured she remained unaware of most of the problems (including the poor attitude of the staff).
On a positive note the food was excellent.
Finally when leaving the hotel they failed to inform us that the remaining tier of the wedding cake needed to be collected, therefore the bride and groom had to return to collect it.
On reflection I feel that the service offered by the hotel leaves a great deal to be desired. Weddings are not cheap and therefore the least one should expect is good service, friendly staff and the occassional smile would not go amiss!!!

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank tracie62
Reviewed 4 October 2007

this is a very nice hotel to stay in. A+

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vianneroche
Reviewed 29 August 2007

Decided to book a spa break here to round off a bank holiday weekend trip around wales after reading the glowing reviews on tripadvisor, and whilst overall it was a satisfying experience, the place did not match up to expectations

We got a room in the stables, which was nicely done up and decorated with a unique duplex layout . The bathroom could have done with a little touching up, but the main grouse was the "double" bed, which was really 2 single beds pushed together, and which did not make for the best night's sleep

The facilities were nice enough, with a small heated outdoor pool and a nice terrace to admire the great views, and overall the atmosphere was very relaxing. Staff were also very friendly and generally helpful. We booked a couple of spa treatments which were average: I expected more from the massage treatments, and the treatment time was significantly shorter than advertised (only 70mins for what was advertised at 90mins in the brochure)

The real crown in the jewel was the food, which was really fantastic. We had the scallops and the open ravioli for starters, and the lamb and steak for mains, and they were all done to perfection. Even the hand cut chips were one of the best we'd tasted. And at these very reasonable prices, definitely a much better proposition than the various gastro-eateries around london.

All in all, a slightly above-average establishment boosted by a first-class restaurant

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank glory23
Reviewed 13 July 2007

For a relaxing break away from the Big Smoke, you can't beat Brecon, and in particular Peterstone Court.
The staff here are totally geared up to making sure us city folk chill out and recharge our batteries. They sent me back to London with fresh air in my lungs and out of the world food in my belly - ready to take on the world again!
I love this region, and come here regularly - but this is the best hotel I've stayed in the 15 or so years that I've been coming.
If you do nothing else during your stay, make sure you make full use of the facilities at the spa and sauna.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank jennycoates
Reviewed 6 July 2007

Both the hotel and the surrounding area are outstanding, we made the most of the spa and all the lovely treatments - we really spoiled ourselves!

Clean rooms, which are spacious and very well maintained, friendly (and helpful) staff - There's loads of walking to be done in gorgeous landscapes (if that's your thing) we really worked up an apetite every day, which is just as well because the food is to die for!

I stayed at Peterstone Court with my girlfriends on a break from the city, next time I'm bringing my fiance, it's a very romantic place to
visit.

• Stayed: June 2007
2  Thank emmakeith
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanhamlach
The Manor Hotel
Gliffaes Country House Hotel
Gliffaes Country House Hotel
#2 of 3 in Crickhowell
Nant Ddu Lodge Hotel & Spa

Been to Peterstone Court Hotel? Share your experiences!