“Family Break to Brecon”

Peterstone Court Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Llanhamlach
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Peaceful and beautiful area, lovely views and grounds and the staff were excellent, very helpful and welcoming. We stayed in the cottage for the first night, cottage is great with ample parking (at the end of the main house's drive). Tea and coffee facilities all nicely laid out but no milk! So we had to walk up to the main house to sort this out. Second night we stayed in the main house in a lovely family room but were suprised to find that we needed to ask for another cup and robe for the third person in our family. The breakfast was great on both mornings and the spa facilities were nice and welcoming. Out door swiming pool was very cold but clean (what about a small solar panel to take the chill off the water?) Grounds to this elegant house where well kept and a pleasure to see.
All in all we liked this hotel but as a five star establishment a little more attention to detail needed. We will definatly stay there again and speak highly of Peterstone Court to our friends and family.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 June 2013

My husband booked a weekend here for my birthday, from the moment we arrived to when we left the service was first class.

On arrival we were escorted to our room which was stylish, comfortable and spotless. The furnishings and decor was great, the two windows provided a fantastic view of the mountains. Toiletries were of good quality and the fresh baked biscuits a real treat.

We booked an evening meal and were again pleased, the choice good. We didn't have to wait long but all courses were cooked to order, fresh local produce which as a weel presented as it was tasty. Service throughout good and not over the top.

Breakfast was fresh and well cooked, plenty of choice if ou want a cooked or to breakfast as well as a varied assortment of cereals, jams and breads.

Location of the hotel is ideal for the Beacons and surrounding areas, 40 minutes to Cardiff via the A470.

I would recommend this hotel based on pur experience and stay

Room Tip: We stayed in the Sonet room, good views and nice furnishings, however this ia an old building and th...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2013

My wife and I spent two nights here using the spa break offer at £195 a night. Included in that price was £50 worth of spa vouchers (2x£25), breakfast, a welcome drink, £35 each towards dinner and a room in one of the converted stables. I found that to be very good value.

The hotel is an oasis of calm and I really recommend the spa treatments. The staff are very professional and they are set in what were the underground wine cellars.

The food is lovely and locally sourced. The staff couldn't have been more helpful. The menu indeed does not change each night but my wife is vegetarian and coped very well. She was not disappointed at all.

The converted stable rooms are set over two floors and you can park right next to them.

Thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: If you can, get a stable room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Had the pleasure of attending a colleagues wedding at Peterstone Court. It was a welcome return for my wife & I as we have previously stayed for a long weekend. Just as during our last stay the welcome was superb and the staff's helpfulness and general sense of putting the customer first shone through all day and right to the end of the night. Food was terrific. Wonderful day made even more pleasurable by a hotel and team that put the customer first. Bravo. Will return.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Though we got married Nov '11, it's only now I've started review on Trip Advisor. My first port of call had to be Peterstone Court.

I only had to step through the doors to know that this beautiful Georgian building as 'it'. A place like this could easily be pretentious but you are immediately made to feel welcome. The place is packed full of character and each of the bedrooms are amazing.Their lounge is impossible not to relax in with its cosy sofas and fireplace. I was lucky enough to be the first bride to stay in the newly refurbished bridal suite and it was perfect... especially loved the adjoining doors to the bridesmaids, to provide a massive space for getting ready on day.

The food on the day was ridiculously fantastic... people still comment to date about the beef!!!
The day went so smoothly thanks to the amazing staff. So many little hiccups (not on their part) were averted. Apparently, some one spilled mulled wine on the train of my dress... I only knew about it after the FANTASTIC restaurant manager had removed it!!! But thanks must mainly go to wedding organiser, Chloe! After our wedding planner unfortunately had to take leave, we were handed over to Chloe. We were here first wedding at Peterstone. Well, we were so privileged. She seamlessly stepped in and her approach was much more my style! Friendly, welcoming, smiling, down to earth and nothing was too much bother. I've been there several times since and am always met with a warm welcome from both her and the dress saving restaurant manager.

Perfect! We are forever grateful!! x

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2013

friends,family and I spent a day at Peterstone court for their 1/2 day spa experience which included lunch.We had a delicious lunch in the restaurant with beautiful views of the Brecon Beacons. The restaurant and Bar staff were friendly, attentive and totally professional. The 2 course lunch was delicious, all fresh, locally sourced produce. After our leisurely lunch, with equally good wine, we went to the Spa .We had a choice of treatments and also full use of the leisure facilities- jacuzzi,sauna, gym and outdoor swimming pool. The spa staff were as professional, solicitous and friendly as the hotel staff.The weather was gorgeous and the views from the gardens were breathtaking. I would highly recommend this pamper day to celebrate a special occasion or just to give yourself a treat.

Room Tip: i cannot comment on the rooms as we did not stay at the hotel overnight
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank sueP6
Reviewed 24 May 2013

We were booked in to this hotel for a 4 night stay but had to check out after only one night!
Unfortunately it did not come up to scratch or expectations for the the following reasons.
My suspicions of poor cleanliness were alerted when I moved the TV to a different angle and saw thick dust under the stand.There were stains and marks on the chest of drawers on which the tea tray was placed suggesting it had rarely been wiped clean.Inside the drawers was dust and hair etc ..again suggesting they were not cleaned out after previous guests.We could also see that where hooks had come off walls and door in the bathroom no replacement had been fitted leaving shabby looking holes.The bathroom was not satisfactorily clean with brown stains in the toilet pan, disintegrating grouting and accumulated dust on the floor in and around the toilet and bath.As I was now becoming more uncomfortable in the room I felt that I should investigate under the bed..I found what can only be described as an unhealthy collection of debris which can only have been there for a lengthy period of time...hair,hairpins,fluff,old slipper,A4 paper and a plastic bag containing some unrecognisable objects plus a huge cobweb hanging from the bed canopy.
I called reception and the Assistant Manager came to the room accompanied by a member of staff and a 'Henry" vacuum cleaner.As the problem was too vast for the 'Henry' to solve in a small amount of time we were shown 2 alternative rooms.
After checking the cleanliness of them..although not totally acceptable..dirty glasses,dirty pillowcase we agreed to stay for the night in one of them although not feeling 100% comfortable at this point.
The evening meal was average as was service with the exception of one young girl who was cheerful and polite.
The next morning we had breakfast in the conservatory which again could have benefitted from a thorough clean along the edges and and corners of the floor.The haddock at breakfast was excellent but the coffee was awful...undrinkable!
By this time we had decided to move elsewhere for the remainder of our Brecons break and were fortunate to be able to find availability at Gliffaes just 15 minutes away..a beautiful hotel ..spotlessly clean and hugely welcoming
I have to wonder whether I was in the same hotel as all the other travellers bar 1 on trip advisor!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank bluecarmg
PeterstoneCourt, Front Office Manager at Peterstone Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

As a 5 star restaurant with rooms, we do have a high standard which we comply too, and I apologise that we didn’t meet your expectations. We achieved this standard in the recent past, and all of the team at Peterstone Court work hard to maintain this excellence. There is no excuse at all for this disappointing level of cleanliness, and I can assure you this problem has been addressed. As our Housekeeping department unfortunately failed on this occasion, we charged nothing for your accommodation for the one night in compensation for your discomfort. We would love to welcome you back in the future and I can confidently say that the inconvenience you experienced will not occur again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanhamlach
9 mi away
#2 of 3 in Crickhowell
The Lake Country House & Spa
The Lake Country House & Spa
#1 of 1 in Llangammarch Wells

Been to Peterstone Court Hotel? Share your experiences!