“Relaxing bank holiday”

Peterstone Court Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Llanhamlach
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Traveling home today from a lovely stay at Peterstone court. We've stayed here three times now over the last five years since discovering it at our nieces' wedding. Bliss!! Great food, beautiful views and really friendly staff. Stayed in one of the "stable" rooms this time - just like our own little cottage with one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in - it might have been all the walking but I had the best nights sleep I've had in years!! Thank you all - we will definitely be back again!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,006)

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Brought the kids back to their favourite place before they go back to school stayed in the converted stables which gave us a place to put the bikes and also bring the dog ,pool is a great asset to this place but saying that the food the staff are all fantastic well done

Room Tip: It's al good
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Great outdoor pool and great rooms! The price of the night was a little expensive but I out this down to it being a wedding and people will pay the extra to stay in the hotel. Food was excellent and the staff was very helpful and polite. The grounds are lovely and do recommend you take a walk around them as the surroundings are very tranquil. Overall a very nice hotel

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I didn't stay here but a friend and I visited to use the spa which was lovely but a bit tatty
I had ordered gluten and dairy free afternoon tea by phone 2 weeks before and was told that was fine
The waitress who served us who was apparently the restaurant manager was rude and clearly couldn't be bothered there was no soya milk and she said I wasn't told it was dairy free
Everything was a bother the cakes were shop bought and not dairy free when we complained we were again made to feel we were a nuisance and being awkward
Such a shame as the setting is lovely but staff need customer service training we were still made to pay full price
Very poor from a place that is supposed to be the best of wales

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Viclawday
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My mum and I have just returned from the Mid Week Spa Experience which included £25 off each of our spa treatments, a three course meal and a glass of wine each, full use of the facilities, breakfast and our room for the night. The hotel was easy to find and had beautiful surroundings. We used the gym, jacuzzi and sauna when we first arrived at the hotel which got our day off to a nice start (although some of the gym equipment is quite old and I thought I was going to break the pedals on the bike when I went quite fast). We then discovered the relaxation room which was decorated perfectly with mood lighting and a large choice of comfortable seats. We then had 2 hours worth of treatments each which were amazing - the facials in particular left our skin feeling amazing! We then decided to have the afternoon tea which was very nice. When we were shown to our room, it was perfect! A large room with a nice view over fields and pleasantly decorated. It had a sofa and armchair as well as the very comfy twin beds. The bathroom was also well decorated and the bath was bigger than you get in some hotels - I'm 5ft 11 but could almost stretch my legs straight in it, which I can't even do in my bath at home. After a few hours relaxing in our room, we went down to dinner. The set menu had two choices for each course - my mum and I chose different options but all of it was really delicious and had generous portions. We finished off our evening with a drink in the library, which was a lovely room to relax in. We also chose a DVD from the hotel collection to take back to our room. Breakfast the following morning was again tasty and had a good choice. Throughout the whole experience, we found the staff extremely helpful and they could not do enough for you! It was a brilliant trip, which we both thoroughly enjoyed! My mum is already trying to think when she can take my dad there and I think we might need to make this an annual trip!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 206 "Usk" which we found to be lovely, although I think the rooms on the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SophieLW
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Stayed here not planned at all, we had mechanical difficulties returning home from the Forest of Dean. Luckily the hotel could offer us a stable room. With all other hotels booked in the immediate and sourrounding areas we were just happy to find some where dry and warm to rest our wiery heads.
We were greeted by a very charming young man who showed us around this grand but very relaxed and warm hotel. The sun terraces outside overlooked a sureal landscape of the Brecon Beacons, the rooms even though contempary in style still kept the elegance of its original era in history. T he outside lawns boasted a very tempting heated out door pool, but alas no costumes to where, which would of also served purpose to relax in thier jaquassi, located in their so tastefully decorated cellar location which also offerd a gym and the most chilling out spa room I HAVE EVER WITNESSED and believe me I have seen a few. I can only describe it as a room from an Arabian palace.
We were then asked if we would like to book for dinner and showed the menue the food of which is all sourced from the family farm and nearby areas, FRESH IS NOT THE WORD!!!. Our stable room a duplex more of an arpartment was simply to die for!!! my partner commented if this is merely a good room what can the others possibly be like?
Finishing touches like bath robes slippers, lolly pops, spring water were a welcomed added touch.
The staff were gracious and friendly, the food divine what more can I say, simply that I've stayed in many a country manor including thier sister hotel in Crickhowell but this is by far the best I've stayed in todate. A lovely stay and cant wait to return.

Room Tip: book early this hotel sells out fast
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I stayed at Peterstone court for my now sister in laws wedding where I was bridesmaid (26/07/13) I can honestly say that I thought the staff were excellent and could not be more accommodating and nothing was too much trouble. I would highly reccomend this venue for a wedding and the surroundings are outstanding which is great for photos. Our evening meal the night before the wedding was delicious and the steak tasted and was cooked beautifully. If you are worried like some about bath mats and how many knifes and folks you have maybe this hotel isnt for you, however if you are a down to earth normal person who enjoys life and doesnt worry about miner things then I would say give this hotel a try you wont regret it ;)

• Stayed: July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanhamlach
The Old Rectory Country Hotel and Golf Club
#2 of 2 in Brecon
The Lake Country House & Spa
The Lake Country House & Spa
#1 of 1 in Llangammarch Wells

Been to Peterstone Court Hotel? Share your experiences!