“Spa bliss in South Wales hidden treasure”

Peterstone Court Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Llanhamlach
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Took my eldest daughter for a spa day at Peterstone as were staying around the corner.
From the moment we arrived to the moment we left the staff were really terrific. They went that extra mile to ensure you were happy. We used the gym for the first hour which was very well equipped - alas the outdoor pool was closed for winter. The spas is set in the cellar so no natural light to speak of but they have done a nice job of the relaxation room and treatment rooms. The ladies changing area was damp and needs a complete renovation.
Lunch (in our gowns!!) was absolutely lovely. Potted rabbit terrine and fresh tuna and roasted veg on pasta along with a glass of wine - really excellent.
Afternoon tea later was also superb in the charming bar areas.
I Would Recommend it :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 October 2013

A wonderful 5 star, top service hotel in Brecon Beacon. The grounds and surrounding areas are beautiful. The hotel and rooms utterly charming. Parking available in the front, the hotel restaurant also serves fantastic food.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Attended a wedding here last weekend. The venue is super, great views and lots of quirky, comfortable rooms. The staff are very friendly and attentive and nothing was too much trouble for them. The food and service were really very good and their attention to detail was impressive. Would go back for a long weekend!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2013

My son got married here yesterday and it was the most wonderful venue. The wedding food was of the highest standard and the staff were very helpful and friendly. We stayed the night along with many of our family. The rooms were lovely, huge and comfortable. it is expensive but it was worth every penny.

Room Tip: All the rooms were lovely, but we were on the top floor so the views over the countryside were prett...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Called in to Peterstone Court Hotel after being let down by another B and B nearby.
The staff were very, very, helpful (thank you Lynn)
We were hoping to then stay there for two nights but due the cast of Dr.Who staying the second night and filling the hotel we were unable to do so .However, the staff went out of their way to make numerous phone calls to nearby hotels to arrange accommodation for us for the second night.
We stayed in one of the "Stable" rooms for the one night which ,with having a dog with us suited us perfectly. This consisted of a upstairs sleeping area and a down stairs hallway and bathroom. The cleanliness of the room was excellent.
There is an outside terrace area to sit and view the Brecon Beacons and we thoroughly enjoyed sitting there drinking coffee admiring the view. We were then able to take our dog along the river located just below the hotel which gave a lovely walk.
We stayed for an excellent meal at night and for the breakfast in the morning. Locally sourced menu which we could not fault.
This was for my 50th birthday and a base for walking Pen Y Fan so on top of saving us from a disastrous couple of days away the staff gave us a memorable stay whilst there which we greatly appreciated.
To give a balanced account I would wonder how busy the hotel would get in peak times although that could not necessarily be a negative. We didn't use the spa area which again due to its size I would again wonder how busy the facilities would be?
I would certainly recommend the hotel and intend to re-visit in the near future. Although we got the room at a late booking rate if you were to use the hotel as a base for walking it could be a little pricey at the full rate. I would however, still rate it as one of the best hotels I have stayed in Wales.
Again .thank you to the staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Nice place but the staff I felt were not up to the mark, I found them rude and off hand, there were issues with the prices of drinks and were I not attending a family wedding I would have made it more than clear. I wont be back unless someone else I know is unfortunate enough to book it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My partner and I used the spa at the hotel.

I go to spas a few times every year. This one really impressed me.

Great treatments with experienced therapists. Affordable. Great products. Quiet. Peacful. Superb boho relaxation room.

Lovely. Would love to go back when I'm next in the area!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanhamlach
9 mi away
#2 of 3 in Crickhowell
The Lake Country House & Spa
The Lake Country House & Spa
#1 of 1 in Llangammarch Wells

Been to Peterstone Court Hotel? Share your experiences!