“Spa Day”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Llanhamlach
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Spa Day”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

M ypartner & I were staying locally in a rented cottage but for my partnersbirthday we wanted a little treat. We booked into the half day spa & lunch. On arrival we were impressed with the Estate and couldn't wait to get started, however when we arrived and found out that the pool was actually only an outdoor pool (probably my own fault for not claifying this when booking), but also that it was closed and didn't open until May was disappointing to say the least. Our booking was 10am-2pm with a 30 minute treatment, and we rapidly could not see how we could spend the other 3.5 hours! We sat in the libary and had a coffee, and waited ab#round for our treatment slot and then things started to get better. The massage itself was amazing, the staff were very professional and helpful, and my partner & I both felt very relaxed. We then used the Jacuzzi and sauna but were soon finding ourselves bored again and trying to kill time before lunch. The lunch provided was lovely and again the staff were superb. They even surprised my partner with a birthday dessert! A very nice touch.
All in all the place was nice, the staff were perfect but the facilities let it down. I will certainly be sure to claify every detail in future!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Becky I

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stayed at Peterstone Court in March for a one night break away from reality! The setting of the hotel is beautiful (even though the weather wasn't in our favour when we arrived), set back from the main road surrounded by greenery, peace and quiet.

We were welcomed by a very helpful receptionist who provided us with all of the information we required for our stay. Our room was overlooking the front of the hotel and was extremely spacious, with a large comfortable four-poster bed and modernised bathroom. The only minor issue we had during the early hours of the morning was the noise of footsteps and creaking from the room above - understandably the house is old so this didn't bother us too much, however I would perhaps recommend a top floor room for any guests who are light sleepers.

Our evening meal in the front restaurant was lovely, with very attentive service from the waitress. Many of the wines we requested were out of stock during our stay, however we managed to find a delicious Merlot to enjoy throughout the evening. We retired to the warm and cosy lounges after dinner, which boast roaring log fires and a selection of films and books for guests to borrow. These areas are definitely the highlight of Peterstone in our opinion, as they create such a relaxed atmosphere. That said, unfortunately we didn't get a chance to make the most of their spa facilities, which we will definitely try on another occasion.

Breakfast the following morning was tasty but a little slow in terms of service, having waited about half an hour for our breakfast to arrive at the table after ordering, with no other guests in the breakfast room at the time. There was a choice of cereals and pastries on the buffet table to keep us going in the meantime however.

Overall it was a much-needed break away and an excellent base for exploring the delights of Brecon. I'm sure we will return again, perhaps in the summer months when the weather is a bit warmer! Thank you to all of the staff who made us feel so welcome.

Room Tip: If you want a grand, spacious room then choose one of the 'Best' rooms from the website. I w...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MLD0602
abergavenny
Reviewed 4 April 2014

this is a lovely country house hotel with a warm welcome and excellent staff, excellent food and the setting is in the beautiful Welsh countryside. a charming afternoon cream tea which I was treating my old school friend to who was visiting from Sussex it was more than plentiful and they packed up the rest to bring back for my husband. We also dined there this year on both our birthdays and had two lovely lunches, then were able to sit in one of the lounges and relax over our coffee in front of a log fire.. Being lucky to live in the food capital of Wales Abergavenny, we still enjoy the drive to have such a relaxed time at Peterstone court, this is one to definitely put on your list.

Room Tip: have not stayed overnight as only live 30 mins away
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lynda m
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We stayed at Peterstone Court as my son was having his wedding reception here. The hotel is very picturesque, in a beautiful setting and ideally located for exploring the Brecons. The wedding reception was faultless with great service and attention to detail. The food was very good, plentiful and thoroughly enjoyed! I would certainly recommend the Peterstone for this type of event. The hotel has various rooms and bars where you can sit and drink as well as a reasonable sized restaurant. The gardens are extensive and well kept, with an outdoor pool for use in the summer. The room we had was at the front and was very well equipped and spacious. The décor is as expected with a property of this age and is very tastefully done. We paid £245.00 for the room, B&B and as there were 3 of us, this proved very reasonable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank David B
Monmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Just spent a night at Peterstone Court staying in the cottage. Overall we had a lovely relaxing stay, lovely accommodation, lounging areas and food. All staff were friendly and helpful and welcomed us and our 2 dogs. Only negative was they were very busy with functions so the standard dropped slightly at times. The highlight was breakfast served in the conservatory, fabulous menu and a blissful hour reading the newspaper and eating breakfast.

• Stayed March 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Having lived in Crickhowell all my life and enjoyed great experiences at the sister hotel The Manor my mum wanted a break from cooking last year at Christmas so we chose Peterstone Court. The interior was lovely however on Christmas Day we were greeted with the lady simply asking how many of us were there no one wished us Merry Christmas, there was no Champagne stand so we just had a bottle on our table going warm. The staff were obviously over stretched and I felt sorry for them and the main meal was awful. The bread was completely tasteless (I never knew bread could taste of nothing). The roast potatoes were so hard I couldn't cut them and the roasted veg was shrivelled it was so small. The cut of meat was brown so it wasn't the best part of the turkey and was tiny school dinner slices. The pastry of the chocolate tart was virtually frozen I actually couldn't cut it. There's also no music or zero atmosphere in the bar or the restaurant and you could tell the huge table next to us were also disappointed. I was very upset for mum who had paid 70 odd pound a head for our Large table and to have a break at Christmas but it was dreadful. I literally never complain usually I'm too polite but after sending two emails since to them and received zero reply I've had to warn others before they start making bookings after the summer....

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

I have so many words to describe this wonderful Hotel and their Staff - what a credit to them they are, especially Cath!

On arrival we were offered to have our bags carried to our room, fresh milk + homemade biscuits brought up to us and such a welcoming explanation of the hotel and where everything is situated.

We had Spa treatments booked for later that afternoon, my wife chose an hour facial and for myself a full body Swedish massage. We had our treatments in the dual treatment room - what a delight, very talented and caring therapists you have, if only we could of stayed there forever!

The food was superb and tasted so delicious, the rooms were also as impressive.

We will defiantly be making this our annual destination.

Top job, thank you for making our stay so special!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cycle M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanhamlach
Castle of Brecon
Nant Ddu Lodge Hotel & Spa
The Lake Country House & Spa
The Lake Country House & Spa
#1 of 1 in Llangammarch Wells

Been to Peterstone Court Hotel? Share your experiences!