“A perfect day”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Llanhamlach
Cardiff
“A perfect day”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My boyfriend and I visited Peterstone court for a brief getaway on 22.4.14, and we're utterly flummoxed as to how anybody could give this gorgeous hotel less than a 5* review! Staff were lovely and helpful and the room was stunning. We had a restful night sleep on the gigantic bed, which honestly felt as if we were sleeping on a cloud. Whilst we were there we had a tasty breakfast and had 4 spa treatments between us, which were absolutely perfect. Amazing food, amazing service, amazing rooms, amazing setting. We will be returning.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Keyflynn1987

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed for just one night (thank goodness) didn't get room till 4.30 in the afternoon. Room was cold and so was the water...couldn't have a shower! Quilt didn't even fit the bed and just about reached the edge either side. I slept with my dressing gown on. Breakfast was supposed to start at 8 but we sat waiting for 45 mins until food was brought out. It was cold even though it had just been prepared plus the plates were stone cold! Had to serve yourself...one bottle of sauce between 20 people ...no marmalade or preserves with toast. Breakfast just awful..bacon dried out, hard and cold. Mushrooms beans and tomatoes tasteless and cold! Coffee good though. Does not deserve it's rating and will not be returning

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Four chums and I decided to brush up our fly fishing skills - well, such as they are - and having organised a guide/coach looked around for somewhere convenient to stay. In the end it was a coin-toss between a pub and Peterstone Court, and the latter won. I booked five of the best rooms and crossed my fingers. We arrived on a Monday morning in the most fabulous weather, and everything looks good in the sunshine so our first impressions were as good as they could have been It is in a beautiful location, backed by the the Brecon Beacons and with the River Usk flowing within 100 yards of the hotel. We sat on the terrace with our guide and life could not have been much better! Our rooms were every bit as good as Cath promised - large and well furnished with goo bathrooms and mostly good views. After a day on the river we enjoyed a few Brecon G&Ts (yes, Brecon has its own gin) and then had dinner in the restaurant which was excellent in every respect and the hotel has a good, if not spectacular, wine list. Breakfast the following morning was substantial and very well prepared. I could not fault our stay. All the staff were friendly and helpful and went out of their way to make sure that we had a good time. And it was good value for money as well. All in all, a very good experience and I shall definitely be back.

Room Tip: There is a choice of Good, Better and Best - go for the Best, it is worth it.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank CPman
Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

My wife and I had a brief couple of nights at the Peterstone Court and found it to have been all we had hoped for. The room overlooking Pen Y Fan was lovely, warm and the bed very comfortable. The food was outstanding, delicious and excellently presented in the quiet secluded dining room. Our only negative comment would be the smell of chlorine in the entrance hall on arrival. (It was coming from the spa/sauna.)
Many thanks for providing a lovely home from home, the staff were very welcoming and nothing was too much trouble.
Many thanks!
Martin and Chantal.

Room Tip: Our room faced south and had a view towards the mountains.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Martin T
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We visited Peterstone Court hotel for lunch on 11 April. We had steak, lamb, and seafood, which were well prepared. The setting was gorgeous. Alas, the service was not up to par. We waited a very long time at the bar for the meal. Then we were informed that they had run out of baby chair for our one-year old, so I had to hold him in my lap through the meal. The steak came without the sauce/gravy, for which we had to wait another ten minutes. The meat had cooled considerably by then. The utensils were not replaced after the plates were collected, leaving us with literally no spoons to eat our dessert. We were pretty shocked by the sloppy service given the level of expenses and the lovely setting. I am likely to look elsewhere if we want a premium meal experience for our next visit of Brecon Beacons.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank UKtraveler8
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Took advantage of a late offer. Very nice hotel, and was upgraded to a very comfortable and stylish room. Dinner was also good. If you are staying around Brecon, this is about the best hotel we have tried - will stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank Philip H
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

M ypartner & I were staying locally in a rented cottage but for my partnersbirthday we wanted a little treat. We booked into the half day spa & lunch. On arrival we were impressed with the Estate and couldn't wait to get started, however when we arrived and found out that the pool was actually only an outdoor pool (probably my own fault for not claifying this when booking), but also that it was closed and didn't open until May was disappointing to say the least. Our booking was 10am-2pm with a 30 minute treatment, and we rapidly could not see how we could spend the other 3.5 hours! We sat in the libary and had a coffee, and waited ab#round for our treatment slot and then things started to get better. The massage itself was amazing, the staff were very professional and helpful, and my partner & I both felt very relaxed. We then used the Jacuzzi and sauna but were soon finding ourselves bored again and trying to kill time before lunch. The lunch provided was lovely and again the staff were superb. They even surprised my partner with a birthday dessert! A very nice touch.
All in all the place was nice, the staff were perfect but the facilities let it down. I will certainly be sure to claify every detail in future!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Becky I
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanhamlach
Castle of Brecon
Nant Ddu Lodge Hotel & Spa
The Lake Country House & Spa
The Lake Country House & Spa
#1 of 1 in Llangammarch Wells

Been to Peterstone Court Hotel? Share your experiences!