“Wonderful”

Peterstone Court Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Llanhamlach
Reviewed 16 May 2014

wonderful. What a wonderful place to stay with its beautiful views. The charm of the hotel and the attentive staff made our stay in the brecons.
My husband and i had afternoon tea in the library and felt like a lord and lady, we felt so comfortable we ordered a bottle of bubbly and stayed there for nearly three hours just chatting and reading the papers and brochers of the area. A pleasure to stay here we will back.

• Stayed: May 2014
There are newer reviews for Peterstone Court Hotel

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Just spent a relaxing spa break at the Peterstone court and would highly recommend it.
Stayed in room 203 more like a suite! The views of the Brecon Beacons were amazing.
Excellent food and the staff were all very friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Yvonne M
Reviewed 10 May 2014

My wife and I stayed in room 201 called Dysynni, at the front of the hotel. It was large, comfortable , tastefully furnished and we had an excellent night's sleep on the big bed. More like a suite than a room with a seating area, settee, coffee table, tv, etc. Wi-Fi was free and was fast.

The grounds were well kept and because it was May (and in Wales) we didn't use the terrace at the back of the hotel, which has stunning views of the Brecon Beacons. But I would have liked to!

We had two meals there and they both were really good. I recommend the cockles and laverbread for breakfast particularly. My wife had beef and I lamb the previousevening and both meals were of a very high quality.

The staff were friendly, courteous and helpful. The whole place exudes an informal, relaxed atmosphere - some country hotels can be a little pompous, this was not the case here!!

I have to admit, (and as you can probably gather) I loved the place! I shall definitely return!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CliveGerrard
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I had an enjoyable stay at the hotel. Great facilities although it would have been nice if the pool had of been open. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, topped with excellent food (including the group meal at the charity event I attended) and even greater vino!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank RTLishman
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I booked a two night spa break at the hotel for my husband's birthday on the recommendation of a friend. We were upgraded to a best room which had the most stunning views on two sides and was stylish and comfortable. The room was huge with two sofas and in the sitting area and a large bathroom. The hotel is quite grand but very welcoming and we loved the homely feel with squashy sofas and wood panelled walls. The library is a great place for a pre dinner drink. On our first morning we had a walk planned but as we went to get in our car to drive to the visitors centre , we had a flat tyre. Cath couldn't have been more helpful, contacting a local tyre centre and sorting out a replacement. As it happened, we were able to have it repaired for a very reasonable price . Certainly wouldn't have been as cheap at home!
Food at the hotel was locally sourced and very good. Our deal included a choice of cooked breakfast and a 3 course meal in the evening. The spa package is a great deal as we paid £195 for the room per night which included our breakfast and dinner with a pre dinner drink plus £25 each per day to use in the spa.
We were so lucky with the weather while we were there and were able to enjoy sitting on the terrace looking at the stunning views. The outdoor pool will be open soon so we would like to return to be able to use it in the summer .

Room Tip: Book directly with the hotel .
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue L
Reviewed 6 May 2014

As the title says, my partner and I were looking for a lovely country hotel to get away from our respective busy lives and with hope of getting some good walking in too and I have to say the trip did not disappoint. Firstly the hotel was absolutely beautiful and our room in particular though outside of the main complex (there are other even better rooms in the main building) was set in some converted stables, each of the rooms with its own entrance. The ground floor comprised the bathroom, wardrobe, chest of drawers and some chairs with stairs leading to a mezzanine level where the bed was located. The room was homely, well equipped and like the rest of the hotel had plenty of charm and character and we felt like we had our own little apartment which added to our enjoyment of the experience. As we were looking for some good walks, we found the hotel fantastically located for access to the Brecon Beacons and in fact you can see the peak of Pen Y Fan from the hotel itself. Our long walks during our weekend there were made more enjoyable by accessing the jacuzzi and sauna on site which were a welcome relief for weary limbs. We also found that the food was absolutely amazing, fantastically presented and cooked very well, and found the bar and library wonderful places to enjoy an apéritif or a coffee after dinner. In addition to this the hospitality was second to none and I would go as far as saying that it was probably the friendliest hotel I've ever stayed it. On one occasion we didn't book afternoon tea, yet they were accommodating enough to provide for us and gave what was a wonderful selection of cakes and sandwiches which were delightfully filling! All in all, it was a fantastic little hotel with lots of character and lots of heart.. I will most definitely be coming back to enjoy the sights and to conquer more of the Beacons!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Joel J
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed here for one night with my partner for his Birthday, we booked a stable room, on arrival their had been a cancellation on another room, we were showed both rooms by one of the staff Kath, who also showed us around the hotel, the jacuzzi and sauna were lovely as was the room, we stayed in the room with a rolled bath perfect, (203) I have to say nothing was to much for the staff and they were ever so pleasant to approach, our one night break was very relaxing, we would defiantly return for a longer period next time. A big thank you to Kath and the rest of the staff.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank 123wyatt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanhamlach
The Manor Hotel
Nant Ddu Lodge Hotel & Spa
The Lake Country House & Spa
The Lake Country House & Spa
#1 of 1 in Llangammarch Wells

Been to Peterstone Court Hotel? Share your experiences!