“fantastic hotel”

Peterstone Court Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Llanhamlach
“fantastic hotel”
Reviewed 21 March 2006

A Fantastic birthday treat, we arrived at the hotel mid afternoon and were greated by friendly staff, we booked dinner for the evening and the food and service were both expeptional, the ambience of the restaurant was warm and homely. I couln't have had a better birthday.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Reviewed 9 February 2006

As a well travelled regular diner and overnighter at peterstone court over the last 18months,I feel that the review from the lady in swansea to be utterly unfair from my own experiences.
The staff have always been friendly, efficient, welcoming and accomodating- even loaning me a battery for my laptop that I needed for a meeting when I had forgotten mine.
For the money the bedrooms are way beyond what you would normally expect- they are huge with enormous bathrooms, they have 12 rooms and I have stayed in 7 different ones, all different with fantastic views, comfy beds and nice tasteful fittings.O.k the art work is not everyones cup of tea, but at least its cheerful and not the usual cliched offerings.
I have never had any spa treatments so can not comment on the availability but I can recommend the gym and leisure facilities as being first class for a hotel of its size, all modern equipment and well thought out including a jacuzzi and sauna.The pool is outside(heated) which is a bit of a pain but in the summer is perfect.
The food alone is worth a journey and has really evolved over the last 6 months.It is not quick but equally never slow- I don't enjoy fast food.
To conclude anyone looking for a unique, high quality hotel and restaurant in the brecon beacons it is in my opinion the only one.

• Stayed February 2006, travelled on business
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 January 2006

When we booked this hotel we asked if we could be situated on the ground floor as i have difficulty walking. they explained they had no rooms on the ground floor but would it be ok to walk up a few steps, thinking a few steps meant 3, we booked.
On arrival however, our room was at the top of 3 flights of stairs!
The room was very spacious with fantastic views of the countryside but everything looked a little shabby as if it needed to be re-decorated, there was a kettle in the room but no milk, tea or coffee, the toilet chain was cracked and broken and vases of which there were five had no flowers in them dead or otherwise.
Another thing that annoyed me was in their brochure they clearly state spa treatments although when asked they did not offer this facility, they also didn't provide morning wake up calls and my important appointment was left in the hands of a gadget on their telephone system.
On the good side of the coin the bedding was very clean and the beds themselves were very comfortable, the food was excellent in the restaraunt but the service was very slow.
All in all a slightly dissapointing stay. i think the owners are trying to make the hotel into something that it isn't and are doing a bad job at trying to cobine old and modern styles. The attitude of the managerial staff was far from welcoming and friendly and the other staff could have been made to look more presentable.
Not good value for money in my opinion, there are far more cheaper options in Brecon itself where you will get a far more proffesional and welcoming stay.

• Stayed January 2006, travelled on business
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 November 2005

We booked the Peterstone Court for our Wedding Night and on arrival discovered that they had no room as they had double-booked us. They told us they had tried 'all day' to contact us, but we received no calls or messages. They told us they had arranged the Honeymoon Suite in their 'sister hotel' - The Manor in Crickhowell, which proved to be significantly inferior to our original booking, and the promised 'Honeymoon Suite' turned out to be already occupied !!

We were extremely unimpressed with the way the staff handled the situation on the day and even more so with the dismissive response to our subsequent written complaint to the proprietors. They have simply ignored further correspondence from us.

If your budget runs to the prices charged by the Peterstone Court, then I suggest your money would be better spent in an establishment that has at least some understanding of 'customer care'.

• Stayed September 2005
19 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanhamlach
The Old Rectory Country Hotel and Golf Club
Nant Ddu Lodge Hotel & Spa
The Lake Country House & Spa
The Lake Country House & Spa
#1 of 1 in Llangammarch Wells

Been to Peterstone Court Hotel? Share your experiences!