“6th meal stop”
Review of The Old Ford Inn

The Old Ford Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Llanhamlach
The Old Ford Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Llanhamlach B&B and Inns
Southampton UK
“6th meal stop”
Reviewed 21 December 2012

this was our 6th stop at the old ford inn in over the past 3 years

As always 1st class service and good food good helpings and value Theroast of the day is my meal of choice also on offer smaller size meals of whats on menu.

(have not used B&B as week were booked into travelodge)

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 15 December 2012 via mobile

We only stopped over for lunch on our way thru Brecon Beacons and we have to say it was the best lamb dish we've ever tasted in our 3 weeks stay in Britain! The serving lady says it was local lamb...we were also very impressed with the sides and portion. We have tried to order the same dish at other places in Wales and Scotland...not the same high standard as this one!

• Stayed October 2012
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2012

After enjoying a fab stay in January this year, my husband and I decided to return for one night while our daughter and her husband attended a nearby wedding. We were given a different room this time which had outstanding views of the Beacons. The sight of the sun setting on Pen-Y-Fan was breathtaking. David, the landlord, suggested that a trip to Brecon Cathedral would make a pleasant afternoon. It was an amazing place! While we were there an orchestra was rehearsing for an evening concert which made the experience unforgettable! Once again we enjoyed a tasty meal recommended by the staff followed by a relaxing evening in the bar chatting to some local people. This quaint, country pub provided us with a welcome break and we left there anticipating our next visit........the Christmas menu looks inviting!!!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms 1 and 2 have amazing views of the Beacons
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cartec
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Came here for Sunday lunch. With quite short notice, they were able to accommodate 9 of us. The staff were very friendly and served us very promptly. The Sunday lunch was great with very generous portions - great value.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Alyce M
Burryport Carmarthenshire
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Family all met at Old Ford Inn for parents joint birthday Starters were okay, Mains were VERY bad crispy duck could not be eaten it was so hard & dried out,surf & turf come out with 4 small scampi with it for around £ 15 .00. I complained & a few more scampi were brought out, whole meal was nothing special.
Would not recommend

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank NashJones50
BRECON
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Lovely round table which is hard to find these days . It is lovely for a group of us . Running a B&B myself we like supporting the local restaurants and eating at them ourselves so we can refer our guests to where we have eaten to suit their requirments.Food was good value.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I Returned home to Reading from Wales last night after attending a Lime Plastering course, local to the Old Ford Inn
Very happy to say I stayed there the night before the day course, unhappy to stay it was only one night !
Maria & David made me so welcome, I am determined to go back.
I was given a clean tidy double en-suite room, which was everything you expect from a country Pub
After showering and changing from my journey down from Reading, I had a lovely home cooked Chicken & Leak pie for dinner, and soon got chatting with friendly Locals, who showed me some fine Welsh hospitality. After a good nights sleep, and a hearty breakfast in the morning, I was on my way.
Thank you so much to everyone at the Old Ford
If you are ever in the area, need a place to stay, or just a great meal pop in, I know I will !

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanhamlach
Peterstone Court Hotel
#2 of 43 in Brecon
Ty Croeso Bed & Breakfast
Ty Croeso Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 2 in Llangattock

Been to The Old Ford Inn? Share your experiences!