“Fruit Scones..........”

Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We Offer a wide selection of Fresh Homemade Sandwiches, Cakes, Soups & Daily Lunch Menu Using a wide selection of local & produce grown on the estate
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Went to the restaurant to find it closed at 3pm even though there own advert said open every day till 5.30pm so went into the cafe section and purchased a fruit scone which shattered when I cut into it after taking it back I was told by the lady serving " there all like that " as if that made it ok. They want to travel just a few miles down the road to Bircham windmill to see what a scone should be like.

1  Thank mpaul777
SandringhamCafe, Manager at Sandringham Cafe & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Hello,

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your scones and I have spoke to the woman that was serving that day, and she removed the scones from sale. We are open until 5.30pm every single day, this is clearly stated on our advertising and information. We serve hot food 12-3pm - which again is also clearly stated. On the day of your visit, we had to prepare for a function, so food was served up until 3pm as normal, but the restaurant was closed after this to prepare for the event. If no event's are on, the restaurant stays open.

There are newer reviews for Sandringham Cafe & Restaurant

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Lots of cranky guests & reviews are sometimes helpful but generally not! I thought everything was just peachy & cannot wait to get back when William & Kate are settled into their new digs.That in itself will bring u a big dose of increased revenue,& perhaps u will add to your menus.I hope u may need some extra chefs & I'd love to be one of your pastry chefs as I'm quite efficient in the kitchen.If u could give me free lodging in exchange for my cooking I'd surely love to do that,& I'm also good with design & photography as well.Thanks for any consideration!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Sandringham is a place we like to visit each time we come to norfolk, there are some lovely walks and it is nice to then pop into the restaurant for a lovely cup of tea and something to eat,whether it is just a cake or a lovely meal.

2  Thank Wendy A
SandringhamCafe, General Manager at Sandringham Cafe & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

We hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I do not mind paying for £4.25 for a beef sandwich if the sandwich contained some beef! The slice of meat inside the sandwich I had was thinner than the thickness of an envelope. The was some horseradish mayonnaise but very insignificant. A can of Fanta £1.40 and a standard pack of crisps also £1.40 was too much. In short next time I will take a picnic. This is was in the café by the museum. As for the House and Gardens, our day out was really superb. We would definitely recommend a visit but take you own food

2  Thank John P

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the rest of your visit at Sandringham, we are sorry however that you felt the sandwiches were lacking.

Beef sandwiches are one of our best sellers, so we were surprised to hear this as have no complaints previously.

If you had made one of our staff aware at the time, we would have happily exchanged it for you,

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We visited Sandringham House and gardens and enjoyed a pot of tea, good coffee and two slices of excellent cake. All for under a tenner. No worse than any other attraction based eatery but much better quality.

1  Thank georgedubi