Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Vicky W

A wonderful oasis to relax

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 May 2024
A beautiful resort, fabulous location, friendly and helpful staff. The food was wonderful, rooms with a view of the ocean were spectacular. A real haven where you can relax. 2 restaurants, both of which served great food. Attention to detail and cleanliness was top notch. The only gripe was the coffee was not very good....
Date of stay: May 2024
Room Tip: The hotel booked us a taxi to get from Sihanoukville to Phenom Penh, and as we knew no better we...
Trip type: Travelled with friends
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 15 May 2024
Dear Valuable Guest,

We would like to thank you so much for taking the time to write your amazing experience, while staying with us!

Your feedback on our services is much appreciated, and the recognition you have extended to all of our team members, which we have shared your comment to our team members, with a thank you! We are also happy to learn that you enjoyed your time with us, and especially our amazing location and our villas and our pristine beach.

On your last note regarding the coffee, we are already making changes, as this was already part of our plan to have different types of coffee brands available to all guest tastes.

We look forward to your next visit, wishing you a safe and happy travels back home!

£77
  • Trip.com
5.1 miles from The Royal Sands Koh Rong
Restaurant
View more hotels in Koh Rong
All reviews pool villa chill bar ocean restaurant white sand sand flies treatment room beach cleaning activities manager biggest bath front office team chinese guests outdoor shower spectacular resort khmer massage beach holiday breakfast spread main pool
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 May 2024 via mobile

If you’ve seen the pictures of this place I don’t think this review is going to do anything other than confirm that it is indeed a slice of heaven on earth. Though it is not yet Forbes 5 Star or Michelin rated it soon will be. The facilities are immaculate. The staff are professional in every sense of the word. The beach should be considered for the top beaches on planet earth. I can’t rack my brain for one criticism for the Royal Sands Koh Rong what so ever. Besides the beautiful property and beaches the unnamed all-stars of the Royal Sands Koh Rong are the housekeeping / turndown staff. I think I saw one or two of the housekeeping employees during our whole 5 night stay. However, every time I came back to my room the bed was made, towels were replaced, water was refilled, and beyond how I can comprehend the things I needed for the time of day were laid out in the most intuitive and thoughtful way. I work in and and I’ve stayed at so many 5 star resorts and never had the attention to housekeeping that I’ve experienced at the Royal Sands Koh Rong. Usually when traveling I don’t bother with turn down service because I know its so time consuming for the staff and I feel bad that anyone has to go thru the poor status I leave my room in. But every time I came back from the breakfast, the beach or a moto ride my room was arranged in a way that I didn’t even know it needed to be without even being consulted. I could go on and on about how impressed I am with the outstanding performance of their housekeeping team. I shouldn’t go on without complimenting the staff that takes care of their property as well. Even after big tropical storms before I could wake up for breakfast any debris or foul on the sand anywhere was raked and removed. I’d wake up for morning tea before breakfast and there’s not even a leaf out of place. Absolutely impressive and if I could mention their team by name I would but they are so good at their job I didn’t ever see them in daylight. Aside from the accolades for house and grounds keeping I’d like to shed light on how not a single employee walked by me the entire time without saying “hello” , “suostei”, “good afternoon”, “good morning”, etc. It was so welcoming I felt like I lived there and it was my home. The restaurant could be a stand alone experience as well. Much to my regret we didn’t do the fine dining restaurant but we did do the breakfast and the Chill Bar most days. The breakfast was an amazing spread with variates of Western, Eastern, and Khmer options. They have an amazing pastry team who changed up breads and pastries almost every day. There was fresh cut fruit, veg, fresh coffee/espresso/teas and fresh juice every day. The menus at both restaurants were expansive and unique. The chef clearly strives for a high mark with even the simplest of dishes. My wife & I noticed that any sauce that came with a dish could turn an ordinary dish, such as fish & chips, to an artistic medium. I’d also like to give a shout out to the security team. They did such a great job of keeping the beach private and monitoring who is coming and going from the property. Though I made the mistake of leaving for a walk along the road and returning via the beach without my room key I had a brief run in because they were trying to uphold the exclusivity of the beautiful beach, I was able to call the front desk and get it all cleared up. Needless to say the security is vigilant and you should feel 100% completely safe at the Royal Sands. I wish I had the name of every employee we came in contact with during our stay because they all deserve recognition. Here are a few of the team members we worked with that deserve an honorable mention, please forgive me any misspellings: Hak - very attentive and never let a dirty plate set on our table longer than 40 seconds. Pisey - our server for breakfast and lunch on more than one occasion, such a pleasant server and a joy to talk to. Chenley - she was in training and just started but was so enthusiastic and never let our coffee run out. Rana - again served us at the restaurant several times and was never caught without a smile and remembered our orders every time. Heng - he greeted us and showed us the property when we first arrived. He was very knowledgeable about the area and helped us arrange anything we needed help. I didn’t catch his name, but there was a young man a little taller who worked the Kuy Teav station at breakfast - he made me my Kuy Teav without asking every day and it was my favorite I’ve had since our month holiday to Cambodia. Vissel - a new team member who was bar tending on the beach during happy hour made great drinks and was a great chat. Seyha & Sreypa - who helped us check out and found a pair of pants my wife left in the room as we were leaving for our ferry to the next island. Everyone was so pleasant and a joy to be around. Any individuals we missed was not a derogatory remark on their performance it was just overwhelming how much of a splendid time we had and I wish we could mention each person by name. We were literally emotional leaving and left with such a moving experience that we will certainly return to the Royal Sands and certainly suggest to anyone who asks. Thanks again I am truly envious that these employees get to call this piece of paradise work.

Room tip: Do. not hesitate go here.
Date of stay: May 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank dumdum5001
Mario Piazza, General Manager at The Royal Sands Koh Rong, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2024

Dear Valuable Guest,

We would like to thank you so much for taking the time to write your amazing experiences, while staying with us!

We really appreciate your feedback about our services and the recognition you have extended to all of our team members, which we have shared your comments to the teams. We are very grateful on your feedback regarding your recommendations of our beautiful and tropical Resort, in which you have deeply expressed to our readers.

We are glad that you found our property amazing, especially our pristine powdery beach sand and crystal-clear turquoise waters, comparing to some of the best destinations in our region.

Reviewed 1 April 2024

We were delighted to spend three days at the Royal Sands in Koh Rong island in Cambodia. This property is simply amazing. The rooms were right in front of the beach with all desired amenities. We were literally about 50 meters from the beach. The sand is the whitest I have ever seen and fine as refined sugar. The food in the restaurants in the property is also very good. Nevertheless, their best kept secret is their staff. Everyone was so kind and always going the extra mile to make sure we were happy as their guests. I would not hesitate to recommend this amazing property to any one.

Room tip: highly recommended property
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Mario Piazza, General Manager at The Royal Sands Koh Rong, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2024

Dear Valuable Guest,

Your feedback on our services is much appreciated, and the recognition you have extended to all of our team members, which we have shared your comment to our team members, with a big thank you!

We are also happy to learn that you’ve enjoyed your time with us, especially with our amazing sunsets, villas and our pristine beach. Our teams also play an important role with their kindness and the will to serve our guests with a smile with passion and we thank you for highlighting this part of our services we have provided.

We look forward to your next visit soon,

Reviewed 30 March 2024 via mobile

This resort is paradise! Beautiful individual or family villas (if you Travel with friends you can share a villa with private pool).
The restaurants are very good and the people are extremely friendly and helpful. If they could turn the heat a bit down this place would be heaven on Earth 😉.
A special Thank to Pov, Lyheng and Ezekiel for their help and ever lastig smile and tot the very Nice people who clean the rooms but whose names we do not know. You are doing a wonderful job!
We had a wonderful stay!
With love from the Belgian guests in villas 311 and 315.

Room tip: Maart is blijkbaar een goede maand wat de hitte betreft maar toch goed opletten voor de zon. Het zeewater is heerlijk en puur.
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Mario Piazza, General Manager at The Royal Sands Koh Rong, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2024

Dear Ann,

Your feedback on our services is much appreciated, and the recognition you have extended to all of our team members, especially to our members names you have mentioned, in which we have also shared your comments to them, and they are very grateful you have shared your experiences and our top service we provide to all of our guests.

We are so happy to learn that you both enjoyed your time with us, especially with our amazing sunsets and the cleanliness of our resort, that we strive to always maintain both property and beach areas, in order for our guest to relax and enjoy the environment.

Reviewed 27 March 2024 via mobile

I just enjoyed one of the best deep tissues massages of my trip. Ya was amazing. She applied deep pressure and spent extra time on my tight spots: neck, legs and hips. I highly recommend her. In addition, the facility is beautiful with a glass floor to watch the koy fish.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mario Piazza, General Manager at The Royal Sands Koh Rong, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2024

Dear Arlene,

Your feedback on our services is much appreciated, and the recognition you have extended to all of our team members, especially at our Spa, which we have shared your comment to our team members, thank you! We are also happy to learn that you enjoyed your time with us, especially with our amazing sunsets, villas and our pristine beach!

We look forward to your next visit, wishing you both a safe and happy travels back home.

Reviewed 20 March 2024

The most beautiful beach front resort that highly recommended in Koh Rong! Nice room, delicious food and excellent service. The sand is white and the water is so clear that can be seen through. You can see the sunset on the sea in the evening. The atmosphere is so quiet that you can relax your mind and get away from all the sorrow and all kinds of stress

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank So S
Mario Piazza, General Manager at The Royal Sands Koh Rong, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2024

Dear Valuable Guest,

Your feedback on our services is much appreciated, and the recognition you have extended to all of our team members, which we have shared your comment to our team members, thank you! We are also happy to learn that you enjoyed your time with us, especially with our amazing sunsets, villas and our pristine beach.

We as a Team, always strive to maintain our property and beach areas very clean, in order for our guest to relax and enjoy the tropical wonders of Koh Rong Island and its surrounding environment. Our teams play an important role with their kindness and will to serve our guests with a smile.