Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
jejese1
Hong Kong, China

Magnificent

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 22 Aug 2021via mobile
Writing this review on my way back to Phnom Penh, feeling melancholic I had to leave after having such a wonderful experience at Song Saa.

Initially, the purpose for my 4 night stay there was total relaxation. Song Saa was one of the few high end resorts still open in the country, as the others are closed due to the pandemic. Having had mixed experiences in the very recent past with resorts of a similar calibre (both in Vietnam, Six Senses Con Dao, disappointing due to widely uneven service; Four Seasons Nam Hai, a masterclass in how to get everything right), I wasn’t too sure what to expect.

I shouldn’t have worried. Everything was absolutely perfect. The resort itself is stunning and beautifully tendered. The restaurant in particular, on stilts over the ocean, offers gorgeous vistas of Koh Rong island, and it is so relaxing to gaze at the multicoloured fishes below. The food served is consistently good to excellent.

I was very kindly upgraded to an ocean view villa, which offers a gorgeous sea view as well as a lovely private beach. The villa itself was very nicely appointed and the bed wonderful.

What impressed me the most though was the excellence of service. Having lived in Vietnam and now Cambodia, countries where luxury tourism has not yet matured to the level of Thailand’s, I know how challenging it can be to train locals to a level of service commensurate with the hefty price tag, and therefore very high expectations of international luxury travellers. Song Saa hit the mark. Almost all staff were masters in the delicate art of being efficient, meeting all my requests while also fading into the background. For those who were quite not there yet, I certainly cannot fault the dedication and eagerness to please, although it almost came across a few times as overbearing.
A special mention to my butler mr Cholsa who was very discreet, as requested, but regularly kept checking on me in a non intrusive way and was very efficient at organising activities for me.

The best resort experience (with the Four Seasons above mentioned) I’ve had in my 10 years of living in Asia, and a place I cannot wait to go back to.
Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Responded 30 Aug 2021
Dear jejese1,
Greetings from our Island home.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. Song Saa Private Island is like no other experience in Cambodia. At the core is the philosophy that luxury should tread lightly and in harmony with nature. Our Island residence is a home away from home and no 'hotel' style rules apply; I appreciate your comments that 'Everything was absolutely perfect' as I lead a team of committed individuals to work towards a memorable guest experience. We are in the 'art of investing in memories' and I am happy that we will remain in your memory whether it was our food, the fish swimming around our house reef or your Villa. Our staff are here to offer loving kindness and it's a fact that we've had to train our staff to a level of service that you would expect with a luxury resort. The support of local communities and its' people is central to Song Saa's ethical charter and Mr Cholsa in our Guest Experience Department is in part one of our success stories who was delighted to assist you in any way he can while you are our guest. Thank you once again jejese1 for your review and the Song Saa Family and I look forward to welcoming you back sometime. Until then, my best, stay safe.
£81
£91
    £100
3.7 miles from Song Saa Private Island
View more hotels in Koh Rong
All reviews water villa private pool destination dining vista restaurant ocean view villa local community jungle villas different locations phnom penh main pool drift wood spa treatments guest experience waste management f b ocean front perfect balance
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 June 2021 via mobile

Amazing experience with songsaa island and so relaxing I really enjoy it with wonderful sunrise all the views of the ocean makes so peaceful like in the paradise. All the staffs very polite and sweet and friendly very helpful thanks everyone . Hopefully to back there again.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Donald Wong, General Manager at Song Saa Private Island, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2021

Dear 916sineths,
Greetings from our Island home.
Thank you for taking the time to review our Island home, I'm very happy to read that you enjoyed your experience and felt relaxed during your stay. As our guest, you have been among the lucky adventurers to experience this beautiful, untouched world and lose yourself in this intimate natural setting. We look forward to welcoming you back sometime. Until then, my best, stay safe.

Reviewed 21 June 2021

I’ve received the most satisfying experience arranged by 2 wonderful staffs Mr.Sophorn and Mr.Sam. The chef Mr.Seng was amazing and Mr.Kosal provided amazing guide for water sport lastly Mr.Xing the IT managerade sure all of our movie experience and technical needs are met, lastly the yoga instructor was very friendly as well. Overall the management on this island is incredibly coordinated to deliver this amazing satisfying trip for us. What I enjoyed the most is that the sustainability department did an amazing job with every single detail from in room to dining! I learnt so much about the song saa foundation and was offered amazing classes too! Truly a remarkable distinctive experience! Big thank you for the offers!

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Donald Wong, General Manager at Song Saa Private Island, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2021

Dear 444skylarc,
Greetings from our Island home. Thank you for taking the time to review Song Saa Private Island, you are most welcome.
I'm very happy to read that you enjoyed your time and your stay with us left you with a lasting impression, we are in the job of creating memories for our guests and I am happy that we achieved that. Part to our ethical charter is to care for our community and I thank you for taking an interest in the Song Saa Foundation's work around the Koh Rong Archipelago. We hop to welcome you back sometime in the future. Until then, stay safe be well with you and your family.

Reviewed 26 September 2020

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at Song Saa this past September for two nights and were absolutely memorized.

Upon docking on the island, we were greeted by Mr. Donald Wong (General Manager) and the entire Song Saa Team and immediately felt like we were in great hands. The entire team had big smiles on their faces and were flawless in their service throughout our stay.

We were treated to two seperate exclusive dinners at the Poolside and Beach which were beautifully decorated for just the two of us. I would like to give a special thank you to both Mr. Heng and Mr. Keo who were fantastic throughout our stay and made both my girlfriend and I have ever-lasting memories.

The hotels facilities throughout the property were also very well maintained and all the preventions for COVID were evident to see throughout the property.

Thanks again to Mr, Wong and the entire team at Song Saa!

We hope to see you again in the future.

Room tip: Try to book an Ocean Villa as the Views are Amazing!
Date of stay: September 2020
Donald Wong, General Manager at Song Saa Private Island, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2020

Dear LaurensvdH1,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay at our Island home. It was a pleasure to welcome you both here and I am very happy to read that we created ever-lasting memories of your visit.

We remain optimistic despite the current circumstances and do our best to keep our staff and guests safe from COVID. Our Destination Dining experiences are well renowned here on the Island as space to breathe is the new luxury and we have an abundance of Nature and Open Spaces.

The family and I look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the future.

Until then, stay safe, be well.

Donald Wong

Reviewed 24 May 2020 via mobile

We stayed here with our two year old for five nights - and the first thing that must be said is the staff and GM go above and beyond to make your stay enjoyable. The staff were so friendly (especially to our son) and helpful. The villas were spacious and super comfortable. The food was also delicious!

Its no easy feat to be operating at this level during a pandemic, and we were really impressed at how Song Saa has adapted their policies to make us feel safe in the midst of COVID-19. For example, we had to fill a health waiver and the island doctor took temperatures every morning. I believe they also implemented extra cleaning procedures.

We hope to go back someday!

Date of stay: May 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Getnat
Donald W, General Manager at Song Saa Private Island, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2020

Dear Getnat,

Greetings from our Island home.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us, I'm very happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed close-to-home travel. At Song Saa we have an extraordinary setting where we provide the utmost level of service and therefore of safety and hygiene.

We offer a return to Nature and Open Spaces to breathe which has become the new luxury in our #newnormal world.
'Health is the new Wealth' and I am happy to read that you enjoyed our food which is central to Song Saa's ethical charter.
As we remain the only island open on 'Cambodia's Comeback Coast' we are vigilant with the safety and well-being of all our guests and staff which includes our Island Doctor checking on our guests and staff and a sanitation procedure which is followed both in and outside your Villa.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back sometime.

Until then, my best,
Donald Wong.

Reviewed 14 April 2020 via mobile

We visited Song Saa for 5 nights towards the end of an amazing adventure around Cambodia and we were so pleased we booked to stay here. The world was becoming an increasingly uncertain place with Covid19 and we were incredibly lucky to be able to stay on this magical island whilst travel was still an option.

We were greeted enthusiastically at the jetty upon arrival and from this point on our stay was truly magical. The team were all absolutely fantastic, real stars and they couldn’t do enough for you and all with a smile on their face. I absolutely loved our room, we chose the Beach Bungalow and you really don’t get the perspective of the space and beauty of these rooms until you are there, the pictures do not do them justice. The beds were so comfortable and the layout of these villas gave you so much privacy, every detail was thought of and I think I found my dream bathroom.

We chose the All Inclusive food and drink option which was lovely as it gave you that sense of freedom. Dining was a real treat and every night was a new venue, a true gastro experience which added to the uniqueness of Song Saa. The food was amazing and if there was something you weren’t keen on then the chef was more than happy to rustle something else up. I think our favourite meal of the day was the amazing breakfast , not only for the the glorious food but for the whole experience of being amongst such beauty - the variety of fish swimming in the lapping water and just being in the moment of Song Saa life.

Thank you to all the Song Saa family for making our trip so special, we have memories made forever and can’t wait to return one day to make new ones.

Carrie and Stewart Roome/Adcock

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank CarrieRoome
SongSaaMgmt, General Manager at Song Saa Private Island, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2020

Dear CarrieRoome,

Greetings from our safe haven!

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our Island home. I am sorry that I was away on vacation during your visit and didn't have the chance to personally welcome you and Stewart. I'm very happy that my team looked after you so well. Our Ocean view Villas are generous in size each one at 200 sq m, with your own private beach. We are here to invest in memories and hope that you will both return to us sometime. In the meantime, I wish you both well and stay safe in this pandemic world a new way of living in the future.

Best,