Nobody can take you to Goldeneye unless you are booked there! There is no name on the gate and only a few know where it is! Such is the mystery and intrigue of the few acres of sandy beach and a lagoon, that inspired Ian Fleming to write his Bond novels. Chris Blackwell(owner of Island Records-which launched Bob Marley) now owns this remarkable getaway and can be seen like one of the locals deep in a book! The villas are carefully planned and most open onto the lagoon and the few lucky ones onto the beach. The famous scene in Dr No where Ursula Andress walks on to the beach is right here. The lagoon is a lovely place to swim and canoe and the sea has live coral- lovely dive sites but less marine life for some odd reason! The food is fantastic, though pricey, but you are amongst history, so what the heck! The staff is excellent and very courteous. Maybe the only thing missing is a gymnasium(but I believe the owners want the fitness to be el fresco and el naturel) Villas can be used for cooking your own meals, inviting in your neighbours(which we did) and the the outdoor showers add a little dare to your stay! Can't wait to be invited back by my pal who has his private villa there. Blessed to have such pals!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GoldenEye was Ian Fleming's Jamaica retreat and where he wrote all 14 of the James Bond novels. Today, accommodations at the original resort include: The Ian Fleming Villa, 11 one and two-bedroom Beach and Lagoon Villas, six Lagoon Cottages, and one Ocean Front Villa. Located on a stunning 52-acre site, GoldenEye is home to secret coves, breathtaking private beaches, tropical forests, and a seawater lagoon. The property is also home to the FieldSpa and two restaurants - Bizot Bar (a beach bistro) and The Gazebo (finer dining). GoldenEye is located 20 minutes east of Ocho Rios. It is a 90-minute drive from Montego Bay Airport and an 8-minute drive from Ian Fleming International Airport (private aviation). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MrandMrsSmith, Hotels.com, HotelsClick and Ebookers so you can book your GoldenEye reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goldeneye Hotel Oracabessa
- Goldeneye Hotel Ocho Rios
- Goldeneye Resort Ocho Rios
- GoldenEye Jamaica/Oracabessa