“Just amazing !!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bine el Ouidane
Casablanca, Morocco
“Just amazing !!”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I was recently on a week end with my wife , in the hotel . The service is just astonishing . they pay attention to the smallest detail . The staf is always available and cheerful . Not to mention how magical the location , decoration and buildings are . It is a place where u just use your five senses with coordination .

Room Tip: Go for the rooms on the pool or the lake .
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Soufianeraji

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Nantes, France
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I have been to Morocco many times and was advised by friends to visit and stay there for a short break.. Initially booked for one night I decided to stay two.
Although I had read the reviews on this site I like to make up my own mind.
I stayed in a suite near the lake front, great view, beautiful terrace and well appointed room and bathroom.
Mini bar could be all inclusive for that category of room in my opinion.
The day trip in the gorges was the highlight of my stay, great scenery, food so so, i tend to agree with other reviewers on that point and service overall is hit an miss.
Breakfast buffet on sunday was great, a la carte on monday less fabulous.

I think you have to manage your expectations: great location, nice rooms, now the management has to strike the right balance: value for money. Spa therapist(Thai) was good and the room comfortable.
I would return and stay by the lake and spend the day in the gorges, absolutely worth it, a hidden gem in Morocco.

Room Tip: Choose a suite by the lake front
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank IfuWeni
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Ummm, not quite sure what went wrong for other people. We spent our whole stay absolutely baffled by some of the negative reviews on here. It seems there is literally no pleasing some people! It was partly due to the mixed reviews that we opted cautiously for the 3-day Groupon voucher and not longer, which we deeply regretted from the moment we arrived. Next time we'll definitely stay for a week.

On arrival we received a warm welcome, our luggage was swiftly swept away in the buggy and placed ready for us in our room. Meanwhile we received a 'mocktail', and a glass of milk with rose water, and a bowl of dates while we dealt with paperwork.

Our room was small but perfectly adequate for a couple, the 'double bed' was so large we joked you could fit a family in it! We were in a lake-view room (105) and although slightly obscured by an olive tree, the view from our bed was stunning. The bathroom was lovely, and the shower worked perfectly. The whole room was sprinkled with fresh rose petals on our arrival which was sweet. The room was very soundproof and we were not disturbed at all.

The location is simply idyllic, I have never seen such beautiful scenery in my life. We thoroughly enjoyed our hike, and although our guide spoke virtually no English, we learned a lot through my pigeon French, gestures and drawings in the sand. The guide was very keen to show us some scary poisonous spiders and a scorpion, and moved rocks about until we found them, and then he took some amazing photos for me using my camera. I really enjoyed the falcon eagles flying overhead each day.

Our Hammam was lovely and thorough, and the fact that the Hammam room itself is so small is perfect if you are a couple enjoying the experience together. Our Thai massages were wonderful, and very authentic (having spent 5 months in SE Asia I'm qualified to judge!!). The lady was thoughtful to check that I wasn't pregnant before starting, and once finished, asked whether I still had any aches left. When I mentioned a problem with my shoulder, she spent a further 5-10 minutes working the stiffness out of my shoulder.

The boat trip was very luxurious, with leather reclining armchairs at the front of the boat we felt like royalty, and enjoyed going to look at some of the abandoned cave-dwellings dotted around the lake.

The swimming pools are gorgeous and were empty most of the time. We found we preferred the lower pool as it literally backs onto the lake which is stunning. It was so hot during our visit (up to 50 degrees c) that we spent a lot of time splashing about in the pool. Sadly the hot tub was still not working during our stay, although there were men working on it so it looks promising to reopen soon.

We ate in the restaurant every morning for breakfast and twice for dinner. We were not made aware of any 'buffets' but ordered a la carte each time. The breakfasts are incredible. So much food to choose from and all delicious. The pastries seem to be home made. We ate what we could each morning and then asked the waiters to wrap what was left for us to take down to our room, which meant that we did not need lunch on any day. Our evening meals were delicious, and beautifully presented.

The staff were all very professional, polite and flexible to our needs and we felt very well treated by all. Check-out is at 12pm and we didn't have to leave until 3pm on the day of our departure, so reception allowed us to check out late at no extra cost. I literally shed tears when it was time to pack and leave, Although I simply could not afford full-price, I will be back there in a flash if there is ever another Groupon deal, and next time it will be for a week!

Room Tip: Difficult to say having not stayed in the upper main part of the hotel, but we really enjoyed our la...
1 Thank Jacqueline S
Geneva
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We weren't sure what to think after having read the very mixed reviews about Widiane. Put in perspective, for the Groupon price, my wife and I were overall happy. If we would have paid the 'normal' price, we would have been seriously disappointed.

Overall, the resort has a lot of potential but, as others have pointed out, it's missing a few things that prevents it from feeling like a world class spa.

Service was very good and were very helpful. Our room was well cleaned every day but things like used glasses weren't replaced - weren't sure if we were supposed to ask, but it didn't bother too much. Service in the restaurant was very good. Ladies in the spa for relaxation massage and Hammam were excellent. Boat driver and walking guide were very good, but didn't speak that great of French, so we weren't able to learn as much from him as we would have liked.

Our room (312) was dark and wasn't what we were expecting from a spa resort. It was clean, had a nice covey hole to read/relax in and had a little terrace (without a view), but barely had any natural light and the bathroom had some moisture issues and wasn't made very well. The air conditioning worked well.

The views were spectacular and every day we were in awe. The pool is quite cold - didn't swim because of it. They are building a heated pool with the new area, but it'll be a little while... Restaurant has nice views and was the nicest area of the spa. One thing, for example, that made you wonder is the background music in the dining area - it seems like they only have a few CDs - 90's cheesiest hits, Beverly Hills Cop Soundtrack, Seal cover songs along with some piano covers , Moroccan music and Thai. The piano covers weren't too bad for a soft, elegant background, but they would play one song, then jump to El Debarge (who I haven't heard in at least 20 years) Rhythm of the Night, followed by Axel F, a Celine Dion standard and then Moroccan music. Just when you'd get either relaxed or nostalgic or interested it would jump to a completely different genre. In the evenings they would have a Thai dancer - I felt a little embarrassed for her and it was a little awkward.

The food overall was pretty good. Breakfast buffet was excellent. Dinner we had Monday evening wasn't good, but the quality rose during the week. The cooking class, if it's not is the Groupon package, I don't know if it's worth the price as you just cut a bit and I didn't feel like I really learned anything.

2 Thank mattwilli53
Buntingford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Location is everything here and should be the number 1 reason for visiting. It tries so hard to be an upmarket resort but fails. The staff are very nice, attentive and professional but it lacks that extra special something that a small hotel usually offers. Yes we were staying 'out of season' but that's no excuse for not fixing the television in our suite, the jet ski's were not avilable becuase they were off site being fixed or the jacuzzi next to the lower pool being broken. The sunbeds and umbrellas were in various states of repair. If you want to be five star and charge above average prices then fix these little issues. Yes drink is expensive but it's a muslim country so it's expensive everywhere. Food is very reasonablly priced in contrast. With regards to the building works; yes it is happening but it's not diruptive and screened off. As for the road - this was so quiet and not bothersome at all. Come for the view, stay a few days then find somewhere else is my recommendation.

2 Thank MrandMrsCraddock
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed for three days and had a lovely time. The pool is unheated so can be nippy, but its hot there so can be refreshing! Food was nice and I thought very reasonably priced, which was in contrast to the drinks - 9 euros for a cocktail. 6 for a bottle of beer. It can add up! I'd recommend the pizza for lunch, it's 8 euros and will do two for a snack. Bring a bottle of something and have a tipple before going to the bar. The walk was beautiful and reasonably hard work (I'm 39 and go to the gym). The couscous lamb dish was beautiful for the evening meal and was 14 euros. If I could have I would have stayed four days.

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank Shortyhome
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Hotel looks good and has good rooms, with a good location on the big lake. thats the only good thing about it.
Extremely bad service. Waiters do not know how to talk to people. Food is extremely bad. The hotel is overpriced. and if you go on a weekend, they exploit the idea that there is no other resto in the area and keep you as hostage - forcing you to go for the buffet dinner which is at 26euros per person... If you reeeaaalllly don't want the buffet, then you can order room service - but a place like this, is not about staying in your room and eating between 4 walls! to make things worse, when we stayed in the restaurant - the tables and chairs had been painted black on the same day! There go our hands shirts and pants!!!! finally, in a place like this, when everything stops completely at 8pm, the least you hope to have is wine - then again, good luck! Their wine list includes more than 10 brands, but only 1 is available. tastes like vinegar, and the same with beers. at least the one brand they have in this case is drinkable.
To top things - we booked a massage at the spa, but the spa lady decided not to show up - so no spa for us.Go figure.
if you do decide to visit this lake, search again. There are a lot of other hotels that have lower stars, cost less and give you a more wonderful experience!! I know we had one of the worse weekends in Morocco staying here.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
8 Thank Lebanese_discoverer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bine el Ouidane
Hotel Chems du Lac Bin el Ouidane
Hotel Chems du Lac Bin el Ouidan...
#2 of 3 in Bine el Ouidane
#1 of 3 in Bine el Ouidane
Hotel Jnane Ain Asserdoune
Hotel Jnane Ain Asserdoune
#4 of 8 in Beni Mellal

Been to Widiane Suites & Spa? Share your experiences!