“Gorgeous!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bine el Ouidane
York, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous!”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My daughter and I have just returned from a 4 night stay at Widiane. We found it to be faultless, from being collected at the airport by Janah, who was a fantastic guide and driver, to the end of our stay - we enjoyed every minute. The setting of Widiane is perfect, so 'untouristy' and unspoilt, surrounded by natural beauty. Absolutely worth the 3 hour drive from Marrakech - which was an experience in itself! Would definately recomend it to anyone looking for a quiet beautlful place to stay with brilliant staff too.

Room Tip: Make sure you confirm your return transfer from Widiane back to the airport before your day of depar...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lisa C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed 10 September 2013

where do I begin to describe my amazing experience at the widiane suites. I came here in late march with my groupon and the only possible thing I can complain of is the weather being a bit chilly and not warm enough to lounge in the gorgeous infinity pool.

Traveling to the hotel: So quick heads up if your flying in be sure to fly into Marrakech although the hotel does provide transportation from Cassablanca (which is what we chose) it seems as though the ride from Marrakech is better and more commercial, Unless your a stickler for scenery and don't mind seeing bare landscape and riding up windy mountains for 3 and a half hours. Our drivers were really nice wish I can remember their names

Arrival: Widiane is truly a gem because it literally is tucked in the middle of nowhere near the atlas mountains. when driving up we were greeted by workers who helped us with our luggage then escorted us in the reception area where we were served dates, sweet milk and fresh juice while we stood in admiration of the hotel. checking in was very simple and the staff was very welcoming.

Room: our room was easily accessible near the side of the infinity pool on lower level which gave us a great view. very spacious the decor was modern, hardwood floors trendy bedding, the beds were a bit low. the bathroom was nice and CLEAN! no complaints whatsoever on the room very satisfied.

Dining: the food at the widiane was pretty good breakfast was AMAZING and became my favorite part of the day lol everything is fresh, fresh fruits fresh bread, fresh cheese lot's of healthy options and was very well prepared. The only thing I would suggest is for there to be more options at the restaurant where lunch is served.

Activities: as stated earlier this resort is basically in the middle of nowhere so don't expect a city vibe where you can walk down the strip and go clubbing. Needless to say there were some activities that can keep you occupied at widiane I believe the hotel is still expanding and in the process of adding more activities which is a good thing. Our groupon allowed us to take part in the cooking class, massaga and hamam scrub which was great ( especially the hamam) the spa in general is a gorgeous relaxing experience.

STAFF/SERVICE: the staff at Widiane is what helped to make our stay truly amazing. It's like family at widiane the staff is friendly and I went above and beyond to make you feel comfortable. My favorite receptionist Youssef was an exceptional worker with a great personality and high level of professionalism. he even took us on a tour of his villiage nearby and made every effort to accommodate us in the best way possible. i would definitely say that he is a poignant figure at the widiane., all of the receptionist were great and I wish I remembered all their names lol

overall this place is a definite go to and should receive nothing less than 5 stars. can't wait for my 2nd time around at the widiane

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sabine B
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I recently spent few days in this lovely hotel, the room was very spacious and comfortable, very clean.
The staff was very friendly, pleasant, efficient.
I strongly recommend the Spa, had every day a Thai massage or a relaxing massage and I must say it was like being back in Thailand.
It is a little paradise!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank lzenined
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2013

A group of us (11) from London, Stockholm and Uppsala recently stayed at Widiane and I have to say that I was absolutely speechless during and after our stay. The hotel and service was OUTSTANDING. The hotel staff were very accommodating. Nothing was too much trouble.
The location is obviously BREATHTAKING.
I cannot recommend this hotel enough and have every intention to return.
I'd like to especially make mention of Sanaa, Ayoub, Youseff who aided in making our stay seamless and memorable. I'd also like to also thank Med Farhat for his unwavering service he provided a big group with utter professionalism and ease.

We will be back!

Room Tip: Choose a lake view room
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank RIKAD0001
Casablanca, Morocco
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I was recently on a week end with my wife , in the hotel . The service is just astonishing . they pay attention to the smallest detail . The staf is always available and cheerful . Not to mention how magical the location , decoration and buildings are . It is a place where u just use your five senses with coordination .

Room Tip: Go for the rooms on the pool or the lake .
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Soufianeraji
Nantes, France
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I have been to Morocco many times and was advised by friends to visit and stay there for a short break.. Initially booked for one night I decided to stay two.
Although I had read the reviews on this site I like to make up my own mind.
I stayed in a suite near the lake front, great view, beautiful terrace and well appointed room and bathroom.
Mini bar could be all inclusive for that category of room in my opinion.
The day trip in the gorges was the highlight of my stay, great scenery, food so so, i tend to agree with other reviewers on that point and service overall is hit an miss.
Breakfast buffet on sunday was great, a la carte on monday less fabulous.

I think you have to manage your expectations: great location, nice rooms, now the management has to strike the right balance: value for money. Spa therapist(Thai) was good and the room comfortable.
I would return and stay by the lake and spend the day in the gorges, absolutely worth it, a hidden gem in Morocco.

Room Tip: Choose a suite by the lake front
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank IfuWeni
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Ummm, not quite sure what went wrong for other people. We spent our whole stay absolutely baffled by some of the negative reviews on here. It seems there is literally no pleasing some people! It was partly due to the mixed reviews that we opted cautiously for the 3-day Groupon voucher and not longer, which we deeply regretted from the moment we arrived. Next time we'll definitely stay for a week.

On arrival we received a warm welcome, our luggage was swiftly swept away in the buggy and placed ready for us in our room. Meanwhile we received a 'mocktail', and a glass of milk with rose water, and a bowl of dates while we dealt with paperwork.

Our room was small but perfectly adequate for a couple, the 'double bed' was so large we joked you could fit a family in it! We were in a lake-view room (105) and although slightly obscured by an olive tree, the view from our bed was stunning. The bathroom was lovely, and the shower worked perfectly. The whole room was sprinkled with fresh rose petals on our arrival which was sweet. The room was very soundproof and we were not disturbed at all.

The location is simply idyllic, I have never seen such beautiful scenery in my life. We thoroughly enjoyed our hike, and although our guide spoke virtually no English, we learned a lot through my pigeon French, gestures and drawings in the sand. The guide was very keen to show us some scary poisonous spiders and a scorpion, and moved rocks about until we found them, and then he took some amazing photos for me using my camera. I really enjoyed the falcon eagles flying overhead each day.

Our Hammam was lovely and thorough, and the fact that the Hammam room itself is so small is perfect if you are a couple enjoying the experience together. Our Thai massages were wonderful, and very authentic (having spent 5 months in SE Asia I'm qualified to judge!!). The lady was thoughtful to check that I wasn't pregnant before starting, and once finished, asked whether I still had any aches left. When I mentioned a problem with my shoulder, she spent a further 5-10 minutes working the stiffness out of my shoulder.

The boat trip was very luxurious, with leather reclining armchairs at the front of the boat we felt like royalty, and enjoyed going to look at some of the abandoned cave-dwellings dotted around the lake.

The swimming pools are gorgeous and were empty most of the time. We found we preferred the lower pool as it literally backs onto the lake which is stunning. It was so hot during our visit (up to 50 degrees c) that we spent a lot of time splashing about in the pool. Sadly the hot tub was still not working during our stay, although there were men working on it so it looks promising to reopen soon.

We ate in the restaurant every morning for breakfast and twice for dinner. We were not made aware of any 'buffets' but ordered a la carte each time. The breakfasts are incredible. So much food to choose from and all delicious. The pastries seem to be home made. We ate what we could each morning and then asked the waiters to wrap what was left for us to take down to our room, which meant that we did not need lunch on any day. Our evening meals were delicious, and beautifully presented.

The staff were all very professional, polite and flexible to our needs and we felt very well treated by all. Check-out is at 12pm and we didn't have to leave until 3pm on the day of our departure, so reception allowed us to check out late at no extra cost. I literally shed tears when it was time to pack and leave, Although I simply could not afford full-price, I will be back there in a flash if there is ever another Groupon deal, and next time it will be for a week!

Room Tip: Difficult to say having not stayed in the upper main part of the hotel, but we really enjoyed our la...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jacqueline S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bine el Ouidane
Hotel Chems du Lac Bin el Ouidane
Hotel Chems du Lac Bin el Ouidan...
#2 of 3 in Bine el Ouidane
#4 of 8 in Beni Mellal
La kasbah d'Ouzoud
La kasbah d'Ouzoud
#1 of 10 in Ouzoud

Been to Widiane Suites & Spa? Share your experiences!