“Average fayre at an average price”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Rattlebone Inn

The Rattlebone Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Sherston
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Average fayre at an average price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

Had Sunday lunch here, it was OK. I had roast beef, which was beautifully cooked and tender, but another slice would have been good. The meal itself was of sufficient quantity but warm rather than piping hot, but a good dish of vegetables came with it. Inside the Rattlebone presents a nice atmosphere, with friendly attentive staff. I am not sure I would rush back, but we would use it again if we were passing.

• Visited February 2014

“A disappointing visit - we had been a year ago but this time the food was only average and not excellent as before.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

I had the soup which was ok but the bread was uninteresting My partner had the cod with chips The fish was overcooked and the batter too thick

Visited February 2014
“Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

We visited the Rattlebone Inn during a recent trip to the Cotswolds. It was recommended to us as a good local eatery. The food was OK but, to be honest the service was only average and the dining experience was somewhat dampened by the fact that the tables are very close together and the party on the table next to us were unnecessarily loud and obnoxious. We decided to give the Inn the benefit of the doubt and try eating their the following evening and, despite turning up early in the evening (6pm) we were told flatly that no tables would be available. As I said, the food was OK but the overall experience was average. Maybe it was just a bad night.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Tonydlee67
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Good place despite the poor welcome”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

I ate here with five of my close friends on a Saturday evening recently.
We were 15 minutes later than we have booked and received a very cold welcome.
Unfortunately it seems we were a real pain for the staff despite there being multiple free tables.
That being said once they got over our slight lateness everything went well.
The pub food is to a good standard, the atmosphere is great with a real old English pub feel and the food was not terribly expensive.
They had a good selection of ale and lager and the two bottles of wine we had were both to a good standard, reasonably priced and served at the correct temperature.
I can recommend this place but suggest if you don't want to be looked upon as troublemakers not to get there late!!

Malmesbury, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

Ate here last night with a group of friends and we were disappointed throughout. The starter (salmon) was extremely small and no bread rolls were offered. My main course (roasted cod) was cold and again was very small with a slice of potato cake which was quite dry. My husband had the turkey and his main course was disappointing as well. The turkey was like the mass produced generic stuff rather than what we were expecting. The pudding was the best bit of the lot. I had the chocolate delice which was rich and very chocolatey but was fine because I was still hungry by this point so it wasn't hard to polish it off. Overall the food was nothing special and expensive for what it was.

The other thing to mention is the awful smell of wee when you walk through to the toilets. The corridor leading to the toilets needs it's carpet cleaning as it smells like it's been used as a urinal! it can be smelt above the smell of febreeze or airfreshner that they had clearly sprayed to try and disguise it.

All in all, there are better places to go in the area. We wont be rushing back.

• Visited December 2013