“Breathtaking house, wonderful breakfast, gracious and friendly host!”

Peace and Plenty Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Devonport B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 14 October 2013

If I had known about how magical this place was, I would have stayed longer in Auckland... Judy, the owner, is friendly and has a great sense of humor, her breakfasts are delicious (she did her best to accommodate my delicate vegan stomach, but after two days of being exposed to the scents wafting from the kitchen to my table, I succumbed and started feasting on her waffles and scrambled eggs). The room was spacious, the bed was so comfortable it was hard to get out of in the morning, especially with the luxury of the electric mattress warmer, the amenities just right once you got used to the smallish bathroom. The boat ride to Auckland from Davenport is easy and fun, if you want to leave the car there at the house or dispense with it altogether. This place will be the first reservation I make on my next trip to Auckland, otherwise I'll just delay my travel plans until a room becomes available.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 13 October 2013

What a fantastic B&B. Host Judith is friendly and has a great sense of humour. The B&B is like stepping back in time with its amazing attention to detail and its old world feel. The rooms are all a comfy size and nothing is lacking. Breakfast is great. I love the fact that everything from the food to the shampoo and conditioner in the room is natural and organic. I have stayed here once before four years ago and this time was just as great as I remembered. I have recommended this B&B to friends who have stayed also and had a great time. Will come back again. Thanks Judith

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I took friends to the Peace & Plenty Inn for my Birthday High Tea as it had been recommended by a friend. Everything from the warm welcome, the assortment of hats you could choose to wear for the occasion to the exquisite delicacies and gorgeous tea cups made this a truly special occasion. Unhurried, relaxed, the attention to detail was delightful, a very girly afternoon. I returned for the 'Glamorous 1940's High Tea' which included hair and make-up of the era and photographs....again the whole experience was one that brought smiles and childish giggles to the fore. Rose from Decadia transformed us back into those stunningly beautiful women of yester year with curls and victory rolls, whilst the staff from Viva la Vintage had gorgeous frocks, furs and beads with which to add to the occasion for a modest hire charge. Couldn't have asked for more fun, and topped off again with a glass of bubbles and tea. Fantastic, if you want a High Tea with a little more flair and individual attention, you won't do better.....thoroughly recommended, my new favorite place.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We were at the inn for four nights. And a lovely time the room were great and nicely decorated very cozy and home. It's nothing like a hotel or lodge it's a home and you feel like it. Judy is making the breakfast on request made on the spot and organic with fresh fruits and vegs. She is a nice person and don't hesitate to ask her for advice she know auckland very good and even about New Zealand she has been everywhere the Inn is placed at amazing spot 2min walk from the ferry to downtown and restaurants are right across the street all are lovely and good eats . Highly recommended. One thing though in Victoria room the shower head is weirdly directed to a weird direction and short but not a deal breaker

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Stayed her for my birthday and loved it. Judy was such an interesting and spunky woman and made our stay very enjoyable. The accommodation was charming and peaceful. The breakfast was tasty and organic. We took the ferry (comes every 30mins til1am) to the city (10mins) and went out to a lively restaurant, Mexico. We then returned to our peaceful hideaway on the return ferry. I would stay here if wanting to stay in Auckland city as so easy with the ferry and such a slice of serenity. will be coming back one day :)

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2013

My wife and I took four planes, over 33 hours, to fly from Fort Lauderdale, FL to Auckland, New Zealand on May 1, 2013. When we landed we drove right to The Peace and Plenty Inn. What a wonderful home to stay during our first two days of a two week trip to the north island of New Zealand. A beautiful home in a great location. The breakfasts were exceptional. Judy was a wonderful host who helped us acclimate to her country. We highly recommend The Peace and Plenty Inn as a "home away from home".

Sheldon and Sara Goldberg
Miami, Florida USA

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sheldon g
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I noticed Auckland hotels are getting terrifically expensive, so a couple of years ago decided to give Judy's B&B a try and how glad I am that I did! It is without doubt the most pleasant experience available for a business traveller in AKL, bar none. It's stylish and spotlessly clean at all times. The upstairs rooms with a rear-facing balcony are a treat. I can't imagine a single reason why you'd want to stay in one of the over-priced hotels over in the CBD. Hopping on the ferry to work each morning is a treat that will never fade. Also, I find Devonport wonderful for a relaxing night out and a quick stroll down to North Point does wonders for jetlag.

Just a couple of points to note from a bus. traveller's perspective. The wi-fi is very fast and reliable. No complaints. Some of the rooms lack a desk, but Judy is always very accommodating in sorting something out.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MrSoft
Also consider these accommodations in or near Devonport
The Esplanade Hotel
Hilton Auckland
Hilton Auckland
#6 of 66 in Auckland Central
The Spencer on Byron Hotel

Been to Peace and Plenty Inn? Share your experiences!