“Best mocha latte anywhere!”

Devonport Stone Oven Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #12 of 39 Restaurants in Devonport
Cuisines: Cafe, New Zealand
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Best mocha latte anywhere!”
Reviewed 31 January 2013 via mobile

I hope everyone tastes both the food and the espresso. Everything is made right here. We had breakfast and a scone--incredible, generous portions too. Great atmosphere and free wifi.

Napier
“Very mediocre”
Reviewed 12 January 2013

I had a vegetarian full breakfast. It was not great,my scrambled eggs were dry and rather unpleasant - I did not eat them

The bakery is a lovely looking place , I have no idea what other food is like but I do hope it is better than what I had!

London, United Kingdom
“A Great Recommendation”
Reviewed 23 December 2012

Recommended to visit the Devonport Stone Oven Bakery for lunch. Breakfast and lunch menus chalked up on the large blackboards...We chose Salmon Fillet, grilled, with home made honey mustard, salad with sun dried tomatoes and topped with avocado ..and a great side of fries. Service was good, prompt and polite ...young staff ..... Children were welcomed and had a small play area, but parents were politely asked to keep their children in check. We didn't try the cookies and cakes nor the bread ..... All of which looked delicious. With a local beer each the bill for two was 68$ (about £34). There are a few outside tables, some squashy sofas, and a WiFi Hot Spot!
If you are on Devonport, make sure you visit for breakfast, lunch, sandwiches or cookies ....!

• Visited December 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
“Yummy”
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I always stop in here when I end up in Devonport. The pies, particularly the cranberry & chicken are really good, lovely fluffy pastry and a delicious filling. The lemon meringue pies are also delicious and I'd drive to Devonport just for them. Best I've found in Auckland in 20 years of living here.

• Visited August 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Good food and coffee”
Reviewed 22 September 2012

I stopped in here for a late morning snack with friends on the recommendation of a friend who is a local. We sat outside to enjoy the sun with our tea/coffee and muffins. The bran muffins were big and moist - very unexpected and tasty. It was getting to be lunchtime by the time we left and it was getting busy, even for a Wednesday. I'd like to go back for lunch next time I'm in Devonport.

• Visited August 2012