“Great tour of Rotorua-Taupo-Waitomo”
Review of FlexiToursNZ

FlexiToursNZ
Book In Advance
More Info
US$610.75*
and up
2-Day Hobbiton, Rotorua, and Waitomo Tour from...
Ranked #67 of 286 Tours in Auckland
More attraction details
Owner description: FlexiTours NZ is managed by a team of travel enthusiasts with over 20 years' combined experience in the New-Zealand tour industry. We offer a wide variety of travel packages throughout the country to suit all types of traveller needs and budgets. Our product is competitive, our efficient services provide peace of mind,flexible itineraries in comfortable vehicles. FlexiTours NZ - Tours with a Difference.
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Many thanks to Philippa for organising a super 3-day tour to Rotorua, Taupo and Waitomo for my two friends from Geneva. She was very helpful and included all the changes and extras I requested and they came back thrilled by all the wonderful things they saw and experienced. The tour was well organised and the drivers all courteous, friendly and helpful; the driver who took them to the Waikato river even looked after their belongings while they were in the water. As requested my friends were handed documentation in French at the various attractions which was much appreciated. Accommodation and service at the Sudima hotel were excellent. The only minor disappointment over the 3 days was that there wasn't sufficient time for my friends to see the adult kiwis during the Kiwi Experience at Rainbow Springs. They only saw the babies but then had to rush off. I would highly recommend FlexiToursNZ and hope to personally travel with them in the future.

1  Thank Suzanne M B
"interesting commentary"
in 3 reviews
"sheep shearing"

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Really enjoyed my trip with flexitours. They pick you up and drop you off in front of your hotel/hostel and between that you are all taken care of by the awesome crew. The driver (Mike) was very knowledgeable and came up with the most interesting and random facts about NZ while we were driving: "Did you know Abel Tasman first named New Zealand Statenland?" I sure didn't!
It think it's cool that flexitours give you the opportunity to choose different options and enables you to see a lot of things in just one daytrip. Which is particularly convenient for people who are in Auckland for only a short time!

Reviewed 6 February 2014

This is a terrific all day tour led by an experienced and likable driver, Michael. Philippa helped pick this tour and gave me great options. I would definitely choose FlexiTours again. They have a lot of options and who wants to do all that driving. It's probably less expensive than doing on your own too, when you add up everything. Polynesian Spa is not to be missed.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

FlexiToursNZ is one of the few day tour companies who offer much flexibility and plenty of options in the activities outside of Auckland. Ron picked us up on time at the closest location and was very friendly, engaging and informative tour guide during the drive and throughout the tour. He was a really good and safe driver, observing all the safety rules. He was very organised as well as efficient, in making sure everyone is at the right place and time (with each one having different schedule) to cover as many grounds as possible on the day tour. We were very impressed by FlexiToursNZ efficiency and organisation.
Depending on your choices or options, it is usually an early start and late finish. Each one of the location tours were really fantastic and FlexiToursNZ made the trip comfortable and enjoyable throughout the journey.
Phillipa and Ron were very helpful and professional. I accidentally left my camera behind in Rotorua during lunch and realised it when we got to Waitomo. I was very fortunate that someone found it and notified Te Puia Park. Ron made the phone call to Phillippa, who sorted it out for me to get in contact with the person who found it and my camera was returned to me eventually. Phillipa was very kind in following up with a call and message to make sure I got my camera back.
FlexiToursNZ exceeded all of our expectations and we were very impressed by their excellent staff and service provided. I would highly recommend FlexiToursNZ to anyone be it for a quick or relaxing tour and I would personally travel with them again!

2  Thank AliceLoh
See more reviews
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We called at 6:30 pm to book this our tour for the next day and Phillipa was very nice and helpful on the phone. Mike picked us up promptly in the morning and was really a great driver and tour guide. We also travelled with Rick from Rotorua to Wai-O-Tapu thermal wonderland and to the Waitomo glow worm caves, and he was prompt and helpful as well. All of the sites were really amazing and the actual tours were great. The only negative we would say is that we left our hotel at 6:40 AM and did not return until 8:30 p.m. as we were the last dropped off. Be prepared because it is a very long bus day!

1  Thank SamaraSB