“Well-located with lovely views”
Review of Kent Hotel

Kent Hotel
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Osmangazi
Washington, DC
“Well-located with lovely views”
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I spent 1 night in a double for single use (2 twins) at the Kent Hotel with wonderful views out over Koza Park, the Koza Hani, and the minaret of Ulu Cami, along with some of Bursa’s more modern areas and the surrounding hills. The views form the top floor, where breakfast is served, were even better. The breakfast buffet included the usual Turkish fare along with scrambled eggs and a very nice cherry juice.

Just across the street from the Koza Park (do NOT try to cross that street! Seriously. Instead, find and use the underground tunnel) – the hotel’s location was very good for exploring Bursa. In addition to these central sights, the Green Mosque and Green Tomb were less than a mile away, and there was a stop for a dolmus to the Muradiye complex very near the hotel.

The hotel staff, who spoke English well, were generally very helpful to me. For example, they answered many questions and helped me arrange affordable and comfortable transportation to the port from which the ferry to Istanbul departs. I may have asked too many questions, though – at one point the young woman very politely informed me that there was a tourist information desk nearby. And although I thought I had made it clear that I wanted a restaurant where I could enjoy wine with my meal, none of the places she recommended served any alcoholic beverages.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank KJA3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Arrived in Bursa without pre-booked accommodation and happened on this hotel. As the hotel wasn't too busy I was given a special rate - it's always woprth being cheeky in Turkey and asking for a lower rate than is advertised.

It's right in the centre of Bursa and is ideal for the markets, mosques and restaurants. Its only a short walk to the small shopping centres and citadel.

The hotel is modern with nice rooms. I'd happily recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank mjk101
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Location, location, location. Quiet simply smack bang in the middle of the town of this gem of an old city. The location of this hotel made it so convenient and comfortable for us to tour the city that we are already looking at going back to this hotel and touring Bursa on our next Turkey trip even though we spent 4 nights there. Downstairs there was a McDonalds for those that may be interested. The only time I went there was to get a fresh orange juice to which they didn't have anyway. The hotel is literally across the old Ottoman bazaar and Koza Han which was one of the best preserved hans I have yet come across thruout my travels across Turkey.
The staff of this hotel were extremely friendly, helpful and always willing to give you accurate information for any of the queries you may have. The inclusive breakfast was to die for as it was rich and abundant with choices. The topfloor restaurant on the 6th or 7th floor gave nice panoramic views of the city and the Ulucamii which it is also literally right across.
The hotel is infront of a busy one way main road. There is an underpass to get to the other side but we always crossed the road by playing chicken with the cars like mos of the locals did. We paid at the end of our stay there and was asked for 140 lira a night but after I'd told them that we'd agreed on 120 lira a night on email they honoured it. The night we were leaving there was even an engagement event on the top floor restaurant that had a few hundred people. It all added to the experience and glad we stayed at this hotel. The room was very large and we could have put 10 large suitcases around us and still have room left over. All amenities and appliances worked as they should. The bathroom and toilet were spotless.
Twin share room cost us 120 lira per night after some bargaining.
I give it 4.1 stars

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ResmeN
New Forest, UK
Reviewed 22 September 2008

This is a hotel in the centre of Bursa opposite a strip including the Grand Mosque, the Bazaar and the old silk market. It is sandwiched between McDonalds and an electric store on a busy, sometimes noisy, main road. Reception is small and basic, our room was small, functional and clean. Breakfast was Ok but nothing special. We had 2 evening meals as a group on the 7th floor restaurant which were nicely cooked. Staff seemed helpful and friendly. I think there is another restaurant on the 1st floor. Public areas had some interesting old photos. One of the City's main attractions, the Green Mosque, is closed for restoration at the time of writing.

• Liked — Superbly positioned for the main attractions across the road.
  • Disliked — Noisy front rooms facing the main road
  • Stayed September 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank Bugsy47
Also consider these accommodations in or near Osmangazi
Ibis Bursa
#5 of 49 in Bursa
Kadi Konagi Hotel
Kadi Konagi Hotel
#12 of 49 in Bursa

Been to Kent Hotel? Share your experiences!