“the shower is WOW but...”

Prescott Hotel Kajang
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Kajang
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Stayed for 3 days 2 nights here. First time using booking.com, but maybe I'll use agoda.com next time. With booking.com, I overlooked the itsy bitsy tiny taxes......not the cheap one like I presumed. At least the bathtub and shower cool me off. The door latch was missing, but I feel safe. Maybe because the arrangement of rooms and staircases are in the open vicinity, anything happen I could easily fling myself down the stairs...... the best part is I get to devour Sate Kajang from Restaurant Haji Samuri, the well-known satay delicacies in Malaysia. My room was very near to the main road, suitable for me, at least I had a free wake up call every morning...overall ok, but there's actually other hotels nearby, check 'em out first.

Room Tip: check out the airconditioner and the door latch first. It has 2 sides, one facing the main road the...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank BudgetMama

Reviewed 26 March 2013

I stayed for 5 days, booked via www.booking .com

Pro:
1) Strategic location. walking distance to Kajang Mall, banks fast-food restaurants, famous Satay Hj Samuri, komuter station, taxi station etc.
2) bath tub. not many hotels in Kajang have bath tub. Also good shower.
3) TV have Astro channel.
4) if you stay at level 4 & 5, you will enjoy the view.

Con:
1) Poor breakfast menu.
2) Slow aircond.
3) Internet available, but poor signal.

I strongly suggest they improve in maintenance service in a/cond system, WIFI.
With more variety in breakfast menu, this hotel will be among the best in Kajang/ Bangi area.
Overall, I give 3.5/5, since not many good hotel in Kajang with the good price. There is a better hotel such as Oriental Crystal Hotel, but surely the price is expensive.

Room Tip: Pick rooms at level 4 & 5. if you got level 3 and below, pick a room facing the main road.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank iswandy81
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Tonight my cousin having a wedding dinner at Prescott metro inn Kajang ...their food was so terrible ,their service also bad just 2 waiter serve about 180 person in the ball room ...after we ate all the food my cousin wanna add some dishes their management say they are not enough food for us ....one big company just add 3 simple dishes also they say no more .their room in the photo u all saw is lie.... Their suite are very small ...

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jancpm99
PMIKKajang, Owner at Prescott Hotel Kajang, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2013

Thank you for the feedback.

We regret such event took place and made your visit uneventful. Our team had met the organiser and at the same time took all actions deemed necessary to resolve the matter amicably.

We strive to improve ourselves everyday and we value the feedbacks provided.

Thank you.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

Booking was made through Agoda.com and I got a great deal. I arrived early morning and my request for an early check in was turned down and I had to pay for an additional night but this was acceptable. The check in was very smooth.
There is no bell service or at least I didn't find anyone.
The Hotel is old and a bit shabby though house keeping was good (sheets were clean and so was the toilet). The room has a TV and a mini fridge (not stocked) but you can buy the basics at a KK Mart outside and stock up. The room was large but the wall paint was old and the roof had some cobwebs!
My package was without breakfast and the room service menu was very limited so I did not eat even a single meal during my 3 night stay. There are many great food options very close to the hotel - McDonals (24 hrs), KFC, Kajang Metro Mall with food court and many local restaurants. There is a KK Mart next to the Shell gas station and a 7-11 also. There are many money changers around the mall behind the hotel where I got a much better rate than the airport. There are mobile shops also on the way to the Mall from the hotel where I could purchase sim and top up. The hotel called a taxi for me but there is a stand close by again on the way to the mall. You need to step out, take a left, cross shell, KK Mart and again turn left towards the Metro Mall. You will be able to see it. When you walk towards the mall the mobile shops come fisrt, followed by the taxi stand.
Enjoyed Satay Kajang and went to the Oriental Crystal for a beer. There are no pubs, bars, etc. as Kajang is a community town.
I had my meetings in Bangi so Kajang was very convenient for me.

Room Tip: Do not take a room facing the road. Very noisy.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank justanomad12
Reviewed 10 January 2013 via mobile

Great location and clean for a budget hotel. Parking space is provided for free. Food is quite nice. Convenience shops are everywhere, nearby shopping complexes provide ample food shops and restaurants. The famous Sate Kajang is not very far from here. Gym and swimming pool are provided but not within the building, need to go with free shuttle bus provided.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank aspn
Reviewed 9 January 2013 via mobile

For a solo traveller looking for a budget yet clean and decent place, this is the best. It just happened to be near my working place. Services are great. Fast response. Just tried the food once and it was not bad with a standard restaurant price outside the hotel. Good location as there are two main shopping complexes with a supermarket at one of those and restaurants as well as convenience shops are near by.
Fuel kiosk is just next to the block.
If you need to go to gym and swimming pool, just book the free shuttle with them to go to the place, its free but I never tried.
Overall it is good

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Let's see:
Small rooms: check.
Weak air-conditioners: check.
So-so service: check.
Lousy food: check.
Noisy morning due to traffic just outside your window: check.
Will never return to this hotel ever again, even if it was the only hotel in the world: check.

While there are definitely worse hotels in the world, this one's pretty bad for the price.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank jiayaik
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kajang
Oriental Crystal Hotel
Sherwood Gateway Hotel
Sherwood Gateway Hotel
#1 of 3 in Bandar Baru Bangi
Palm Garden IOI Resort City

Been to Prescott Hotel Kajang? Share your experiences!