“Has potential, but needs improvement”

Copperstone Resort by CLIQUE
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I will start checking and avoiding pet friendly places. We do not have a pet and pets are dirty! There was a good amount of pet hair throughout the apartment. The apartment was spacious and tasteful, not gorgeous or designer quality like we have gotten in Canmore in the past. The finishing was a bit on the cheap side. Appliances and bathroom fixtures showed this; the dishwasher was useless. Dishes were somewhat minimal and cheap making cooking a bit challenging. Sound and cooking smell penetrated into the suite. It was fairly clean but the kitchen floor felt grimy/sticky and the toilets weren't totally clean. This is a but too far from Canmore for us as well. Sunday morning, we couldn't find cream and had to drive 15 minutes to Canmore. Dead mans flats is basically hotels, 2 gas stations and a restaurant from what I saw. If it were cleaner, had more dishes/pots, had a working dishwasher ... It would help a lot to compensate for location and quality.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
OpsManager01, Manager at Copperstone Resort by CLIQUE, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention. It is unfortunate that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us. PLease note that we do offer non-pet friendly units. I will have the dishwasher addressed by our maintenance, and bring your floor comments to the attention of our housekeeping department, as these are not to standard. Please feel free to contact myself if we can be of any resolution.

Thank you once again for your comments.

Respectfully
Joey Belanger

Write a ReviewReviews (1,180)

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We had the two bedroom suite and it was just perfect for our family of five. The rooms, living area and general facility were immaculate. My wife, the kids and I enjoyed our stay and really appreciated the heated underground parking. Proximity to Canmore made it easy to enjoy a tranquil mountain retreat while having easy access to facilities in Canmore. Will definitely recommend and will return.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
OpsManager01, Senior GSA at Copperstone Resort by CLIQUE, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Your comments are gratefully apreciated but even more important that you enjoyed your stay to the fullest. It is our pleasure to be able to provide our guests with the heated underground parking. And especially during the winter months when we head into our Big Ski season.Look forward to your return.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

For the price of a night's stay in a hotel in Calgary, we were treated to a spacious suite with our own kitchen, laundry room, and balcony. Our pets were happy too. Beds were very comfortable as well. Will be returning!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
OpsManager01, Senior GSA at Copperstone Resort by CLIQUE, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

It was nice to hear you found both our rates and accomodations satifactory. The suites do provide a comfortable area for both yourselves and your pet when travelling together. We hope you will stay with us again when you need a pet friendly enviorment or other.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed here earlier this year with my sister and her family (3 boys aged 3-7). The apartment was lovely. Very clean, spacious and had all that we needed for our short stay. It was close enough to Banff centre and easy to drive into. The hot tub and communal bbq were great and the surrounding Rockies were a fabulous backdrop. I'd definitely recommend Copperstone to others.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
OpsManager01, Senior GSA at Copperstone Resort by CLIQUE, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thankyou for taking the time to share with us and others about your stay back in August. It is nice to know how much you enjoyed the accomodations at The Copperstone and its spectacular surroundings. It would be our pleasure to provide you with the same experience for you and your family on a return visit.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We booked two nights at the Copperstone Resort through a travelzoo deal. I was expecting a one bedroom suite and we ended up with a gorgeous three bedroom, two storey suite with two king sized beds, two full bathrooms, and a third room with bunkbeds. It was just my boyfriend and I so the extra rooms weren't necessary but it was good to know their suites are so big for the next time as it would be a great place to stay with a group. With the pull out couch in the living room, we could have easily slept 8 people! It also had a full kitchen with granite countertops, and a lovely gas fireplace. The suite was very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. There is a communal hot tub in the courtyard but we didn't get a chance to use it because it would have been a freezing walk to and from. The views were also gorgeous and it is very close to Canmore.

I only had two concerns. The first was that we didn't receive any housekeeping service at all. I phoned in the afternoon to inquire about housekeeping and they said that they didn't come because I didn't request them to. I asked them to re-stock our coffee and they did so. The second concern was the furniture in the living room area. We attempted to curl up on the couch by the fireplace to watch a movie but the couch was so hard, it was impossible to get comfortable. We ended up watching TV in the bedroom so we'd have a comfy place to sit.

Overall, it was a great place at a great price and would have gotten a 5 out of 5 if the housekeeping and furniture had been a little better.

Room Tip: You may want to request a room with a view - ours faced another building. We could see the mountain...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
OpsManager01, General Manager at Copperstone Resort by CLIQUE, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Hello Michelle,

Thank you for your kind comments. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize for the Housekeeping service. I will address your concerns with the team, as this is not our standard of service. All guests receive daily housekeeping service.

Also, if you should return (and we hope you will), please feel free to take advantage of our plush robe service. These robes certainly help with the cold weather and will make your hot tub experience a great one.

All of our sleep sofas (all units are sleep sofas) are brand new. If you can contact me to let me know what room you stayed in, I can have a look to see what may be causing this.

Thank you once again for your comments.

Copperstone Resort Hotel

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Disappointed. First night, saw a mouse in the kitchen. The following day, lost my iPhone EarPods (only been used on that trip) left in the master's bedroom. Reported it. The following day, at checkout, got told that the housekeeping crew grab it in the room because she apparently mistaken it to be hers. The receptionist handed me a grayish-colored and knotted EarPods which I declined to accept because it wasn't mine. It's a very disappointing stay.

• Stayed: November 2013
OpsManager01, General Manager at Copperstone Resort by CLIQUE, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear JASED29,

Thank you for the feed back. I do apologize for the challenges you encountered while staying with us. I will speak with our team to see what happened with the EarPods. I will also follow up with the uninvited pest. We are quite aggressive in addressing and preventing these concerns, as this is the time of year when wildlife is seeking shelter from the cold.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel so we can discuss further.

Thank you once again, and best regards,

Copperstone Resort Hotel

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We had booked a 1 room suite. When we arrived, we realized it was a queen bed. My husband was having back problems, and we needed a larger bed for us both to be comfortable. There was also a nasty smell in that suite. We were upgraded for a small charge to a 2 bedroom. It was very clean and comfortable. The resort is set back far enough from the highway that there is barely any noise, and is less than 10 minutes from Canmore. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013
OpsManager01, Senior GSA at Copperstone Resort by CLIQUE, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thankyou for bringing some of your concerns to our attention. I am glad the staff accomodated you and promoted the upgrade so you and your husband found the two bedroom more suitable. We hope when you return we will make sure you have a similar room. It is our pleasure to ensure our standards meet with yours.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dead Man's Flats
Grande Rockies Resort - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts
Holiday Inn Canmore
Holiday Inn Canmore
#13 of 28 in Canmore

Been to Copperstone Resort by CLIQUE? Share your experiences!