Copperstone Resort by CLIQUE
Big Horn Motel(Dead Man's Flats)
Stoneridge Mountain Resort by CLIQUE(Canmore)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$140
Falcon Crest Lodge by CLIQUE(Canmore)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$106
US$124
Blackstone Mountain Lodge by CLIQUE(Canmore)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$113
US$75
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Mystic Springs Chalets & Hot Pools(Canmore)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$147
US$69
Banff Gate Mountain Resort(Dead Man's Flats)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,198 results
All reviewshot tubfull kitchenbunk bedsunderground parkingminute drivegas stationfire pitwasher and dryerbow riverquiet locationliving roomhome away from homegreat place to stayfront desk stafflong weekendmain floordeadman's flats
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed there 2 weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed it, there's a great view of the Three Sisters mountains from the front door. We've stayed in Banff, Canmore, Kananaskis and found the service, room quality and value at Copperstone to be comparable to any other good property and we would stay there again. We especially appreciated Anna who looked after us and kept our room spotless, she's a keeper!
Everyone seemed genuinely friendly and helpful. We were on the ground floor, in the front, and there wasn't any highway noise at night, and since we didn't really spend much time at the resort, the location - 5 min. to Canmore, 20 min to Banff - and immediate surroundings were of no concern. The view is not necessarily better on Banff Ave., and there are no bars or rowdy types making noise outside the window in Dead Man's Flats...

We were looking for a nice room and good service at a decent price and the Copperstone Resort delivered. Thank you for 4 terrific nights!.

Craig & Vicki

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
OpsManager01, Senior GSA at Copperstone Resort by CLIQUE, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thankyou for choosing Copperstone Resort for your four night stay and found our quiet location and atmosphere enjoyable.It would be our pleasure to have you return to have the same experience.

Senior GSA
Donna

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed at this resort this past Monday, June 30th. The pictures of the resort on the website are beautiful. The resort is located behind two run down motels and the "views" directly surrounding the building are no more appealing. When we checked in at 7:30 p.m., our suite was not ready. When we were able to enter, we realized that our key card wasn't working. The suite was very nice and new, however, we were disappointed with the amenities. The hot tub was not working properly. In the kitchen, our dishwasher and coffee maker were both not working. There was one ice machine for the entire complex. Seems to be poorly managed. At $280/night, drive the extra few minutes to Canmore and stay somewhere much nicer.

1  Thank Karen B
OpsManager01, General Manager at Copperstone Resort by CLIQUE, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for bringing these concerns to my attention,

I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Unfortunately, we did encounter some challenges with our hot tub that required a temporary close to ensure the safety of our guests while we corrected the problem.

I apologize that you were not made aware of the location of our ice, snack vending, and pop machines; as it is our standard to provide guests with this information at check in. I will address this with our front desk team.

It is our priority to ensure guests are enjoying their stay with us. In any case where guests are not satisfied, lack a needed amenity, or encounter a challenge, we ask that guests contact the front desk so that we may correct the matter immediately and ensure an enjoyable stay.

Your comment with respect to the coffee maker not working is being addressed, as we have ordered replacement coffee machines for all of our guest rooms.

Thank you once again for your comments,

Respectfully,

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We selected Copperstone to get us closer to the airport (Calgary) on the last night of our vacation. Canmore is a fantastic town, lots of activity, and the property is exactly as represented on the web. We arrived at 2 p.m. (earlier than the promised check-in time) and were told the room would be ready at 4. Exhausted from traveling from Jasper, we found something to do for two hours and when we returned, the room still wasn't ready. We were told to come back 30 minutes later. We said we'd be fine with the cleaning staff finishing up with us in the room. They didn't want to do that. We just needed to sit down and were desperate to get in the room. It was the only unfortunate incident of our 8-day vacation in Canada. Otherwise, lovely property.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind comments. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the Copperstone Resort and apologize for the delay check in, as this is not our standard. I will ensure that we address the concern.

Respectfully,

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed at the Copperstone Resort at Deadman's Flats for a week recently. This is more a condo with a great kitchen and living room than a hotel. It is the only place we know in the Banff area that offers 3 bedroom accommodations. The 3rd bedroom is small and has bunkbeds but was perfect for our 2 small grandsons. There are 2 spacious bedrooms one with an ensuite and one with a bathroom across the hall which are perfect for 2 couples or a family with older children.

The drive is only a few miles more to Banff than staying in Canmore and is better for anyone wanting to ski, hike, bike, etc. in Kananaskis. Although there is no restaurant, the condo's kitchen and hot tub make you not want to go out to eat.

The staff was very accommodating. We stayed 3 extra nights after our daughter's family left and were able to just move over to a 1 bedroom suite by 10 a.m. - no extra charge. We had bikes and a bike rack which they provided us a locker in the underground parking for. Great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
OpsManager01, Senior GSA at Copperstone Resort by CLIQUE, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Thankyou for choosing Copperstone Resort for your entire stay for your Family. It is nice to have the option of 4 different room types to size down or up as you did when the rest of your party left and you were able to stay and enjoy a few more days. It is our pleasure to know you enjoyed all aspects the Copperstone has to offer and look forward to a return visit.

Senior GSA
Donna

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

After reading most of the reviews here, I decided to book our little getaway at Copperstone. As many have said, cleanliness is a big issue here.

HAIR everywhere! On the bed at first glance were several short black ones and inside the bedding and in our towels...big long black ones. The toilet was another issue. On top of running constantly and making a PSSSS sound, it had some sort of waste matter on it and was not flushed properly. It is very difficult to flush, so I see why...we cleaned it ourselves and made do.

In the kitchen, the dishes were not clean and as another reviewer mentioned, we had to clean them before use. The dishwasher was also very dirty, as was expected based on the other reviews. The light switches were grimy and the microwave had grease smeared all over the front. The oven was surprisingly clean, but that's about it. Oh, and a nice big toenail clipping was waiting by the TV for us. And don't forget the stuck-on melted cheese smeared on the couch with the accompanying crumbs. The washing machine looks like someone tried to put the powder detergent provided in the middle dispenser which is apparently for liquid only as there is a huge solidified gob of what used to be Tide.

To add insult to injury, the toaster in our suite was broken. Only the two right slots worked and just barely. The electric kettle works, but has severe corrosion on the element. The fireplace, which does not emit heat is an illusion only and doesn't work either as it begins as a fake flame and then freezes in frame which is actually quite funny.

The bedding is also strange. They take three flat sheets and wrap one on the mattress and the other two sandwich the duvet. I understand this means they wash them for each occupant, but it also means that the duvet likely has had who knows what on it. I highly doubt they wash it each time, so if you are a sleeper who moves a lot I suggest having another option for bedding. They also tuck the bottom of the duvet in the mattress and it cuts a lot of length so I had to sleep toward the bottom to be comfortably covered and a taller person would only be partially covered by the duvet unless they pull it out at which time it would free the duvet from the 'cover'.

As for 'high-speed wifi' I wouldn't believe that. I'm currently using my own data because the wifi is spotty to non-existent and when it works it's very slow. I tried to download the tripadvisor app on their network and gave up after 15 minutes and used my data for the rest. It's interesting that they have the tripadvisor ratings plastered all over the reception area, but I'm baffled as to why they have such high ratings. The service at the front was pleasant, but aside from that, it's not been our best trip to the area. The BBQs in the main area are nice, but one of the two is also broken with only partial heat and very slow cooking in general. I have a junky old BBQ that is ancient at home and it works better than the one I used here. You also may have to wait in line depending on the demand and the wait is longer yet because it takes so long to cook everything.

Today we came back to our suite to find things moved around and our curtains open with all of our expensive electronics plainly visible for any passerby on the road to see as we are on the main level. We at first thought we forgot to close the curtains but soon found that our towels were taken, the bed was made, dishes were washed and put away and new towels left (with hair). I thought that since there was no Do Not Disturb sign to be found in the room, there would be no room service...wrong! Other reviewers mentioned no room service, but that may be based on the number of days. We only booked 3 nights and we are staying our final night tonight. I would have liked to have known there would be people coming in and moving our things and I would have used the DND sign if there was one because we leave valuables behind during the day. I signed a paper saying that if they cleaned the dishes in our room they would charge $20 so I am really hoping they don't charge us. This is especially the case since they washed the dishes I brought and it wasn't requested to begin with.

I started off with 3/5 for this place, but if I base it on our entire experience, I have to put it down to 2/5. I haven't been in contact with front desk aside from check-in and when I went down to get our key card reprogrammed after it stopped working and nothing notable happened there. I did call to ask which way to go to the BBQ and was told to go out the hallway outside and around. She failed to mention that door locks so I couldn't get back in. I had to get help from my husband so that I didn't have to walk the long way back with our food to our room.

All in all, we were hoping for a new favourite spot to call home away from home. We are very regular at Tunnel Mountain resort and we still will be. There's nothing here that trumps our experience with Tunnel that would make us come back. The amenities are nice on paper, not in person. We did get a 'deal' so it's understood that our room wasn't prime, but the lack of cleanliness and maintenance is inexcusable. I would have called front desk for each of these issues, but then I would have spent all the time we are supposed to be enjoying relaxation sorting out the deficiencies. The best 'solution' is to never come back and reward the place that has been doing us good for years.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Bonnie P
OpsManager01, General Manager at Copperstone Resort by CLIQUE, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for your comments, I do apologize for your room and I can assure you that I will address these areas, as this is certainly not our standard.

It is unfortunate that you were distressed about the housekeeping stay-over service. This is a standard that we maintain to ensure a great guest experience. I apologize that there was no Do Not Disturb sign on your door and will see that this is corrected.

Please feel free to contact me, as I would like an opportunity to further address your concerns.

Copperstone Resort Hotel