Situated in the rustic hamlet of Deadman’s Flats, Copperstone Resort offers nicely decorated, fully-furnished condominium lodging. The lower floor of our 2-story unit included a complete kitchen with granite counter eating bar, dining room, living room, balcony, and bedroom with a twin size bunk bed. The upstairs consisted of a bedroom with ensuite bathroom, a 2nd bedroom with a queen bed, and a 2nd bathroom. All of the beds were comfortable. There is no bathroom on the ground floor but that was never an issue. We found the in-room washer and dryer convenient and useful. Our unit had a slight bit of wear, but mostly cosmetic and not unreasonable. The underground parkade was well-secured and easy to maneuver but could be difficult for a tall SUV or truck, and there is outdoor parking. As noted in other reviews, the WiFi was very slow, but we discovered it worked faster in the early morning and late evening. The view from our room of the Three Sisters mountain range was exceptional. During our stay, the facility was fully-booked, but the layout of the buildings is such that you hardly see or hear anyone else unless there are noisy tenants in the hallway.
The staff really tried to be helpful, though they could use some training to be more professional in a manner that matches the high quality lodging. One example is that we requested a couple sets of towels and their response was of surprise and taken aback, and stated they would provide more towels “only if they could find them” - not a very fitting response. They also questioned us as to what “set of towels” meant. In the end, they only provided us with extra bath towels. At the same time, the staff was helpful with other requests.
As another reviewer noted, a gas station is located across the road. The advantage of this is you can purchase a park pass at the gas station and avoid the vehicle queue at the park entrance to purchase the same pass.
This facility is not a resort in the classic sense, as the pool and lounge areas are somewhat modest, but it offers modern and very spacious lodging at a price less than a standard hotel room in Banff. Canmore is a 5 minute drive away, and it takes about 20 minutes on the highway to reach Banff. The drive to Lake Louise is more challenging, about 1 hour. We would stay here again if visiting Banff for a few days, or if visiting Lake Louise for one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located five minutes outside Canmore, Alberta, in the serene hamlet of Dead Man's Flats, our all-suite property is just moments from downtown shopping and dining, world-class golf courses and Banff National Park . Whether you prefer to spend your time downhill skiing, hiking to glaciers, mountain biking, camping or fishing, every season brings a new reason to visit The Copperstone Resort Hotel. Our spacious, condo-style suites are designed to leave you feeling refreshed, so you can make the most of your time in the Rockies. All accommodations include fully equipped kitchens with granite countertops, two HD televisions, in suite laundry machines, additional sofa beds and cozy electric fireplaces. Best of all, each suite features a private patio or balcony with breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains, so you can enjoy the beauty of Dead Man's Flats without even leaving your room ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Copperstone Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copperstone Hotel Dead Man`s Flats
- Copperstone Hotel Canmore
- Copperstone Resort Canmore/Dead Man's Flats, Canada