My wife and I spent two weeks here and one of those weeks were with another couple we travel with. Therefore, we stayed in the two bedroom suite one week then moved to a one bedroom suite for the second week. So, we were able to see perspective from two places.
Our perspective in both suites was the same... the rooms were clean, well built, well supplied, comfortable and roomy. The staff at Copperstone was excellent and answered questions readily. Since our days ended late, we interacted with the young lady who manned the evening desk most days and she was always anxious to help when needed. We also had a minor problem develop prior to our stay. We were attempting to avoid our credit card's 3% surcharge for international charges by sending a check. However, when it did not get there on time, this young lady and others helped us by talking to us often, even calling us in North Carolina, and helping us finally secure payment with a credit card. I have to say that I was a little nervous that they could have been holding that check to simply cash at a later time and considered putting a stop payment on it. However, after they treated us the way they did, we saw no reason to and when we arrived at Copperstone, they handed us our check. Our friends that left us that second week went on to an up-scale resort in Canmore due to a vacation club they are in. However, they were more impressed with Copperstone.
Not all was wonderful with Copperstone and I want this review to be fair so others can know what they are getting. This was not a plush operation that offered bells and whistles with chocolates on your pillow and a paper at your door each morning. The services were basic but exactly what was needed. Getting ice was the biggest hassle since they only had one machine in the basement in the main building. The wireless internet worked well and was fast, however, the DSL link was not. That was a little frustrating, but they they were honest about that when I asked before I made the reservation. E-mail was fine, but heavy programs like Skype were out.
Pots and pans were not the finest, but there were enough and they worked. The clothes washer and dryer did their job as did the diswasher. The right amount of glassware, plates and flatware were what we needed since we cooked big meals almost every evening. The gas grills in the courtyard were large, quality grills that were easy to use and maintained well. Although we did not use the large hot tub, it seemed to be well maintained.
Overall, I give this place 5 stars. The distance from Canmore (about 10 minutes) was a bit inconvenient and I must admit that when I first saw the community of campground and filling stations around the resort, I was concerned. But the underground parking and well maintained grounds of Copperstone separated us from that. And.. that is likely one reason this resort was as good as it was without the price being so high. It was a very good value. If we went back to the Canmore area, I would not hessitate booking at Copperstone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located five minutes outside Canmore, Alberta, in the serene hamlet of Dead Man's Flats, our all-suite property is just moments from downtown shopping and dining, world-class golf courses and Banff National Park . Whether you prefer to spend your time downhill skiing, hiking to glaciers, mountain biking, camping or fishing, every season brings a new reason to visit The Copperstone Resort Hotel. Our spacious, condo-style suites are designed to leave you feeling refreshed, so you can make the most of your time in the Rockies. All accommodations include fully equipped kitchens with granite countertops, two HD televisions, in suite laundry machines, additional sofa beds and cozy electric fireplaces. Best of all, each suite features a private patio or balcony with breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains, so you can enjoy the beauty of Dead Man's Flats without even leaving your room ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Copperstone Resort by CLIQUE reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copperstone Hotel Dead Man`s Flats
- Copperstone Hotel Canmore
- Copperstone Resort By CLIQUE Canmore/Dead Man's Flats, Canada