Resort is outside of Canmore, but not far. It is a short drive to Banff itself. The units are self contained and spacious, but older. We had a 2 bedroom. Smaller room downstairs and larger room upstairs. And there is a mudroom for storing ski equipment. The living room and adjoining kitchen were large enough but the furniture and kitchen equipment is very dated. I liked the electric gas fireplace. There were 2 bathrooms - the toilets were a bit dodgy with plungers next to each one. There is a little balcony with a BBQ. They do not have laundry facilities in the units, but there is one onsite. There is also a pool and a games room. I did not use the pool. The games room is pretty run down, but there are games and puzzles for the kids. They have sleds and such for some family fun in the snow. There is a little playground as well, but this was covered in snow when we were there. People at the reception are friendly. There is also a computer to use at the reception area and you can print boarding passes and such. Intermittently there was wifi available in the units. Really, it isn't an awful place, just older and run down. However, it is economilcal, and if that is what you are looking for, it isn't a bad deal. Units comfortable sleep 6.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff Gate Mountain Resort is an outdoor playground for all ages where mountain activities and rustic amenities meet. It is nestled in the majestic pines of Pigeon Mountain at the foot of the Lougheed and Windtower Mountains. Our 46 fully appointed chalets are surrounded by Lake Louise and the adventures of the Banff National Park. Activities include water rafting, hiking, skiing, mountain biking, dog sledding, golf and more. For those preferring more peace and quiet, the picturesque grounds of the resort provide the perfect retreat. Children’s play areas are intertwined by hiking trails that sprawl throughout the resort connecting to the surrounding wilderness. Local wildlife often wanders unhindered throughout the area and across the property. An indoor heated pool, hot tubs and a family clubhouse provide a well-rounded travel destination for families and adventurers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Banff Gate Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banff Gate Mountain Hotel Dead Man`s Flats
- Banff Gate Mountain Resort Canmore/Dead Man's Flats, Canada