Big Horn Motel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Copperstone Resort by CLIQUE(Dead Man's Flats)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$111
Stoneridge Mountain Resort by CLIQUE(Canmore)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$147
Falcon Crest Lodge by CLIQUE(Canmore)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$106
US$186
US$161
Blackstone Mountain Lodge by CLIQUE(Canmore)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$104
US$119
US$73
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Mystic Springs Chalets & Hot Pools(Canmore)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$152
Banff Gate Mountain Resort(Dead Man's Flats)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

The motel itself is okay. Nice bathroom, kitchen was well equipped. Staff is so so.
It's just that the rooms are not that much cheaper as some in the canmore area but I guess the others offer a bit more. So if you just need it for a night I guess its okay, but if you stay longer in the area I would spend some dollars more and try another motel.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Chrissele
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I called several months in advance to reserve a room for one week. I was interested in a a room with a kitchenette and the proprietress immediately lowered the price down from 99 to 79 dollars a day for staying a full week. The first thing I can say is that nowhere in Banff or Canmore will you find a room with a kitchenette for SO little money. Nowhere. My room was fairly big. The bed was comfortable and they had a fan that I used. The room was clean. The shower was high so I didn't have to squat down to take my showers. The kitchenette consisted of two burners, a sink and a microwave with plenty of counter space. The owners supplied pots, pans, silverware, dishes, dish towels and dish washing liquid, and I used that little kitchen while I was there. I made things that I like. It really was nice! My room wasn't on the highway side, so I was not bothered by noise. No, it's not the Hilton. The room was not perfect, but I figured I saved three to four hundred dollars by staying there for one week rather than staying at a typical room in Banff. If you're loaded, I recommend Banff. If you want to have a long, productive, fun stay in the Rockies without having to take out a second mortgage on your home, this a great place to stay. The owners were pleasant. Yeah, it's a litltle far to drive to trail heads. (It is even from Banff) But believe me, it is a great option for a person watching their nickels and dimes. I will probably come back here the next time I come to the Canadian Rockies.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Floridahiker
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. Our room was extremely small, didn't have A/C and there was too much traffic noise to open the window. The carpet was worn and stained. The shower was so small you could hardly turn around. Couldn't use the blowdryer in the bathroom, because the only outlet was for a razor only. The reservation said they had cable tv, but you only got about 5 channels. We paid $80 + tax and wouldn't stay there again. They did have a nice community kitchen/dining area, but it wasn't something we needed or wanted to use.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rod L
Reviewed 16 August 2012 via mobile

Cheap poorly maintained motel typical of the type of inn keeper. Carpets are stained bathrooms in poor condition. VCR in room with movies available to use in lobby. If your looking to save money it was 97 with tax for the night but next time I will stay in Calgary and drive out for the day or pay 200 at one of the chain hotels in Canmore.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank traveljunkie22_10
Reviewed 9 August 2012

We stayed here near the end of July.You get what you pay for...a room.Ours had 3 queens and a single,and a roll up cot if needed.The shower "screamed" when ran,and the room was dusty and needed a good cleaning.That said,the view was awesome,and we had a nice breakfast right next door at the husky.Would we stay here again..yes..we only sleep in the room,the beds were comfy too.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family