“Great value !”
Review of Big Horn Motel

Big Horn Motel
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Came to the Big Horn Motel with 2 friends. We came to area seeking employment in the Tourism sector and are renting room for a week. So far our stay n pleasant n quiet. Owner is really helpfull and nice. Affordable, clean, safe. The basics. Good deal if its what you looking for.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 September 2013

First, let me state the obvious. This isn't a luxury resort. Anyone expecting more for this kind of a price range is, quite frankly, a fool. This is a very basic older motel with few amenities but in a great location for a fantastic price. It is perfectly safe. Anyone who finds this or any hotel in the Banff/Canmore area unsafe has obviously led a very sheltered life. The room was clean, the bed was comfy, the shower was hot, and I even had a nice little balcony with a mountain view. My only recommendation would be to put a microwave in the common area where the coffee maker is (since there isn't one in all the rooms). Look forward to staying again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank AJB41
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Small room, smells from cooking nearby. Did not feel safe. We did not stay a second night even though prepaid. After 500 days on the road over 10 years, this was the worst room. Only one step better than sleeping in the car.

Room Tip: No good room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lvc2jag
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We had the most comfortable bed and very spacious room. It was also very clean with frig and microwave. We loved sitting on the porch and visiting with other guests. Also there is a gazebo with lots of bird feeders and two trees that had more birds flitting around. Then at dusk 5 big horn sheep were in the neighbors yard having a snack. It was a real treat staying here.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sunnySonomaCounty_Ca
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We weren't sure about this as a stopover but it turned out quite nicely, especially for the reasonable rates. The room was large with two queen beds and a cot, TV (not flat screen and not many channels), fridge, and microwave. It was also relatively clean and odor free. Located close to the highway means lots of highway noise during the day but very little overnight. No AC so on hot days, that might be a problem! We would probably consider using it again for a short stay.

Room Tip: Some rooms have bigger front windows than others, so check that out first. Don't think I'd l...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank bobmac1
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

The motel itself is okay. Nice bathroom, kitchen was well equipped. Staff is so so.
It's just that the rooms are not that much cheaper as some in the canmore area but I guess the others offer a bit more. So if you just need it for a night I guess its okay, but if you stay longer in the area I would spend some dollars more and try another motel.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Chrissele
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I called several months in advance to reserve a room for one week. I was interested in a a room with a kitchenette and the proprietress immediately lowered the price down from 99 to 79 dollars a day for staying a full week. The first thing I can say is that nowhere in Banff or Canmore will you find a room with a kitchenette for SO little money. Nowhere. My room was fairly big. The bed was comfortable and they had a fan that I used. The room was clean. The shower was high so I didn't have to squat down to take my showers. The kitchenette consisted of two burners, a sink and a microwave with plenty of counter space. The owners supplied pots, pans, silverware, dishes, dish towels and dish washing liquid, and I used that little kitchen while I was there. I made things that I like. It really was nice! My room wasn't on the highway side, so I was not bothered by noise. No, it's not the Hilton. The room was not perfect, but I figured I saved three to four hundred dollars by staying there for one week rather than staying at a typical room in Banff. If you're loaded, I recommend Banff. If you want to have a long, productive, fun stay in the Rockies without having to take out a second mortgage on your home, this a great place to stay. The owners were pleasant. Yeah, it's a litltle far to drive to trail heads. (It is even from Banff) But believe me, it is a great option for a person watching their nickels and dimes. I will probably come back here the next time I come to the Canadian Rockies.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
#23 of 28 in Canmore
Mountain View Inn
Mountain View Inn
#21 of 28 in Canmore

Been to Big Horn Motel? Share your experiences!