“Awesome place, the folks are amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Maplegrove Inn

The Maplegrove Inn
Austin, Texas, United States
“Awesome place, the folks are amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

I recently got home from a trip with my grandfather where we stayed at about 18 or so hotels in about a month. The Maplegrove Inn was by far the best place we stayed at along the trip. Their rooms where large and very homey. The bathrooms had a really cool mix of old style, with up to date features. You really felt like you were staying in someone's home, and having a home made dinner special for you was awesome.
The owners helped my grandfather make a surprise birthday cake for me, which is not something you'd expect from an inn, but it meant the world to me. For dinner we had some amazing steaks and hand made salads. Also by far the best dinner I had on the trip. I've never had such a perfectly cooked, seasoned, and juicy steak.
Everything about the inn was amazing, the owners, the atmosphere, the food, the rooms, all of it. 5/5.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

My husband and I usually don't stay in B&B's, but made an exception for this one...and we're glad we did! The B&B part is separated from the main house, so you don't feel awkward "staying in someone's house." The breakfasts were great...I had the light breakfast once (yum, homemade granola!) and the raspberry french toast twice. The hummingbirds flew up to the feeders at the breakfast window to dine with us. The inn is equal distance from Hopewell Rocks and Fundy Park, and makes a nice, quiet retreat at the end of the day. The rooms were decorated with antiques, but not in an overdone sort of way, where you had to worry about breaking something. There was a lovely common sitting area, and a fire pit outside, neither of which we got to use because we were out enjoying the area all day long and into the evening. Maybe next time!

Room Tip: We picked the Red Maple Room because the antique bed was a four-poster, instead of an ornate footboa...
Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Perry Hall, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

Our two-night stay at the Maplegrove Inn during our late August road trip with relatives to Maine, New Brunswick, and Prince Edward Island was exceptional! Our room was very neat and comfortable, and the breakfasts were great. We chose the optional evening dinner, and it was superb. Proprietors Sonya and Jeff prepared a truly gourmet dinner, complete with fresh vegetables from their garden. The seafood chowder is the best. This is the place to stay if you’re visiting Hopewell Rocks and the Fundy National Park area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

We just returned from an all too brief stay at this jewel of a bed and breakfast. What a wonderful place and we couldn't have asked for more welcoming and accommodating hosts, Sonya and Jeff!
The rooms were beautifully decorated with antiques and comfy beds, downy soft pillows and lovely linen that guarantee wonderful sleeps. I loved the fact that each room had its own bathroom with a deep claw foot tub and lots of towels. We found the inn to be quiet, located on a side street just off the main road. Yes, it is an older home and the walls between bedrooms were not as sound proof as some modern hotels, but Sonya and Jeff strive to keep the sound level down. The common room (filled with games, books and DVDs) is closed after 10pm until 7 am so guests sleeping above won't be disturbed. We all slept soundly and had no complaints.
And I would be remiss if I didn't mention the food! Such choices for breakfast... and we pre-ordered a dinner for our night of arrival which I would recommend for anyone visiting. Be sure to try the salmon, utterly divine.
We will definitely be returning to the area and will be staying here again...though I think I'm going have to book early!!! You can't keep something this great a secret for long.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Welland, ON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

My wife and I spent two nights here at the beginning of our trip around Atlantic Canada. We booked the two-night package deal which included two days access to Hopewell Rocks park (10 minute drive straight down the highway), two Baymount adventures tours (amazing, but were not reviewing that here) and Dinner for two one night. It was also our first experience at a B&B and it is a shame because it will ruin every other B&B experience we ever have, as we are certain nothing will live up to this place. The beautiful yellow paint on the house is the first thing you notice after taking the turn on to Maple St. It is a very large, very old building beautifully renovated by Jeff and Sonya. We stayed in the "Red Maple" room with queen sized four-post bed with its own ensuite (every room has an ensuite) and was more than spacious enough for the both of us and all of our junk. We have read reviews about not enough outlets being in the room and we are not sure what people are charging that require more than four wall plugs and a large power-bar. The bathroom had an beautiful antique claw-foot tub with shower that had more than enough pressure to wash off our 16-hour drive!! The grounds are very well kept with a large veggie garden out front and a sitting area covered in grape vines next to it. Out back there is a large deck with seating at a table and a firepit which Jeff so kindly lit up for us to sit and relax by. I am saving the best part of this for last, the food. My wife and I woke up both mornings to the best breakfasts we have ever had, I enjoyed a seafood omelette FILLED with shrimp and scallops and had a large chunk of lobster claw-meat on top of all of the cheese. My wife the second day had the stuffed french toast which she was thrilled by. The dinner we had was easily the best seafood dishes we ever experienced. We started with the seafood chowder which I had never had before and it was to die for, easily the best "soup dish", if you will, I ever tasted. I had the haddock covered in bacon and roasted red pepper and my wife had the maple salmon with real maple syrup and both meals were to die for. Neither Jeff or Sonya are trained chefs but if they ever wanted to open a restaurant they would make a killing!!! We are currently still on our vacation and have yet to find anything which even came remotely close to the quality of the hospitality or food that we received here. Jeff and Sonya were extremely pleasant and welcoming and continued on that way throughout our stay, we simply cannot say enough good things about them or their lovely B&B. On our next trip to NB (or anywhere near there for that matter) we will be travelling back, and in the mean time recommending this to everyone of our friends and family. Jeff and Sonya, if you come across this posting please continue things exactly the way you are, you both do an amazing job, Thank you!!!!!!

2 Thank Jay C
Sonya_Jeff, Owner at The Maplegrove Inn, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
WOW! What can we say but Thank You for taking the time to write this beautiful review!

We are so very happy you enjoyed your stay with us! We do try very hard to make certain all our guests feel at home and comfortable at The Maplegrove Inn!

Glad you enjoyed your Adventure Package with Baymount! It is the BEST way to make sure you miss nothing about our Amazing Bay of Fundy!

And it would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again!

Sonya & Jeff
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

If you are travelling up the Fundy coast from the St. Andrew's area toward Moncton, this makes a natural place to stop. Riverside-Albert is a very small place, however and we found ourselves travelling back down to Alma for meals and things to see. The Maplegrove Inn is beautifully restored with lovely gardens and very quiet. You choose your breakfast time and your breakfast choice the night before. Their seafood omelet was delicious but my favourite was the breakfast bagel with smoked salmon. I would have liked a little more of the smoked salmon though. The rooms were large and comfortable with great wi-fi but our aging eyes could have done with better lighting for reading in bed at night. I did feel that there was a little economizing evident compared to other B & Bs we have stayed in. We were only given one tiny bar of soap for both the sink and the shower for two nights.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Sonya_Jeff, Owner at The Maplegrove Inn, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review.

We are sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. I would like to add that we offer a breakfast (That like you mentioned our guests choose) that most never complain about. In fact the only complaint we usually receive is that it was way too much food...

As for the bar of soap...They are locally handmade soaps, we do not cut corners when it comes to our guests!

Once again a simple demand would have rectified the situation.
Ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

My husband and I spent 2 nights at the MapleGrove. It is absolutely a great place to relax after traveling. Sonya and Jeff are very accommodating..Sonya arranged the phones so my husband could do a conference call..no cell coverage for our provider in that area. One of the many great aspects of the MapleGrove, is that you get to choose your breakfast the night before and if you book 24 hrs in advance you can have a dinner as well. The breakfast seafood omelette was simply delicious and our dinners were also excellent. It was so nice to come back after a day of sightseeing and not have to venture out again for dinner. MapleGrove is excellent value for your money!

1 Thank mmt4771
Sonya_Jeff, Owner at The Maplegrove Inn, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words! We always try very hard to make sure our guests have all they need to make their stay comfortable!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverside Albert
#2 of 5 in Hopewell Cape
Florentine Manor
Florentine Manor
#1 of 2 in Harvey

Been to The Maplegrove Inn? Share your experiences!