“Great pub grub and reasonable prices”
Review of Queen's Head Inn

Queen's Head Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Tirril
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We went here with a group of about 20 on a Saturday night. When we booked, they offered us a restricted menu, which had plenty of choice for everybody. They had plenty of staff to give us good service. The food was delicious. I particularly liked the "Pie Menu", and I don't normally go for pies! The game pie I had was delicious, and so was my husband's venison pie. I would reccommend this place.
Oh, by the way, it has a nice atmosphere as well!

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Tried to eat here on the way to a camping site, but they stopped serving food between 3pm and 5pm I believe. So we ate there on the third night of our stay and was quite impressed. They have pies made by a local company, and I would like to have tried a few of them - but settled with mixed game. Had a couple of cask ales which I was happy about. The only thing I would really say was bad was the food was a tad on the expensive side. All deserts were a fiver for example, but that's quite a high profit margin on a slice of apple pie!

Reviewed 23 August 2014

We ate here on the first night we stayed in Tirril. The food was good but it was pies from another company, not made by the pub themselves.
The big let down was the Elton John CD playing on a loop :(

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Our car enthusiasts group was visiting Penrith for the annual Classic Car & Motorsport show and booked tables at the Queen's Head for dinner. There were 18 of us in total and we were allocated a nice space in the lower part of the restaurant; The staff were really friendly, attentive and professional in that they appeared to handle all the orders very efficiently and without mix up. The food was excellent both in terms of presentation and taste. There is a nice ambience about the place as well. We could see that it would be great in a summer's evening as they had covered seating outside also. However, the night we were there, the rain was pouring down and it was pretty windy as well; it was a nice cosy atmosphere inside, however. I would definitely go back or recommend this place to others.

1  Thank Kenneth L
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Went back for our second evening, having found this delightful pub by accident, and loved it. The menu is varied, lots of their own speciality pies plus fabulous fresh-cooked food. Vegetables in abundance, and the staff are friendly and knowledgeable about the food. As a pudding specialist, I was glad to discover that their puddings weren't bought in, but didn't manage to try them as the main course was so large!