“Above average airport lounge ”

Plaza Premium Lounge
Book In Advance
More Info
US$48.15*
and up
Vancouver International Airport Plaza Premium...
Ranked #27 of 113 things to do in Richmond
More attraction details
Owner description: Regardless of your airline or class of ticket, passengers can have access to first-class lounge facilities at one of YVRs three pay-in lounges. Enhance your airport experience with lounge passes to Plaza Premium Lounge, available online or simply pay at the lounge upon entry.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We flew out of YVR to DFW and were looking for a comfortable place to stay with close access to our terminal gate.
This did not disappoint.
To gain access, you will need to either pay a fee or have an American Express platinum card.
The staff are helpful and friendly, the food selection is small but very fresh and frequently refreshed.
Internet is free and there are lots of comfortable seating places with outlets to plug in.
Bathrooms are not plentiful, but adequate.
Spa services and sleep rooms/showers were advertised, but not present in the one we used.
Perhaps at the other terminals —
Overall reasonable stay.

Thomson T, Manager at Plaza Premium Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Gladys T,

I am glad to know that our service delivery met your expectations. Please be assured I will pass your kind words to our team and we will continually improve our standards to enhance your airport experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

All reviews
"cad"
"vancouver"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

This was my first visit to the lounge and it will probably be the last. Even though it's not that old, the lounge is showing a ton of age. Chairs were worn out and granite tables had huge chunks out of them. Carpet had big rips in it. I needed a plug and could not find a single one that worked. Food and drink selection is minimal at best. On top of all that, the lounge was packed and was super loud; I found it quieter in some of the terminal spaces.

Dear Mike N,

Thank you for choosing Plaza Premium Lounge, Vancouver and for taking the time to review us. I am sorry to read your review and would like to extend my sincere apology for your less than satisfactory experience.

We value your feedback and please be assured actions will be taken to prevent recurrence of similar incidents. We are working with the airport authorities to look into making improvements to the entire US Transborder lounge. More details will be released at a later stage. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Bright, testy, modern. Food fore everybody. This place has big variety of alkogolic and none alcoholic drinks!

William L, Manager at Plaza Premium Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Dear borismargulis,

Thank you for your kind words in regard to your recent stay with us.

I am glad our food and beverage offerings exceeded your expectations. Please be assured I will pass your kind words to our team and we will continually improve our standards to enhance your airport experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Came here before the flight. The lounge is good but was too crowded for my liking. They should increase it.

Dear Alejandro,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am sorry that the lounge was too crowded for your liking.

Please rest assured your feedback will be channeled to the airport authorities and our relevant departments and we will certainly strive to see possible expansion in the near future to improve our service standards. We hope you will visit us again to allow us another opportunity to serve your needs and enhance your airport experience.

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Arrived at Vancouver airport with a friend who was travelling premium economy and was not eligible to enter the Cathay business lounge with me. No problem said the check in staff, there is a public lounge for a small cost inside the airport. Problem solved, not to be.
I wished my friend a great trip at the entrance to the Plaza Premium Lounge as I headed for the Cathay business lounge via the duty free store. Within minutes my tearful friend returned to me saying she had been refused entry as they were only allowing business or first class customers. I assured her this could not be correct, as the sign stated "OPEN TO ALL TRAVELLERS"
I went to the entry and asked is this a public lounge "yes" can I pay for 2 hours $40 "yes" So I can come in no problem "yes" Great then my friend here can come in then "No"
So I can but she can't? "No sir we are full" But your empty? "We are saving seats for business class passengers. There is only 3 flights left for the night at 11pm? "That's the rules"

I took my companion to the Cathay business lounge and explained what had happened, immediately they phoned the Plaza Lounge furiously demanding an explanation, they then retracted their refusal and told Cathay to send my friend back. Cathay business lounge were so disgusted they offered my companion a complimentary entry to the Cathay lounge.

10/10 Cathay business lounge Vancouver
0 for Plaza lounge.

CanadaDutyManager, Manager at Plaza Premium Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Dear Jack,

I am sorry to read you review and would like to extend my sincere apology for your less than satisfactory experience.

We value your feedback and please be assured actions will be taken to prevent recurrence of similar incidents. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.