“Not worth it even with a groupon deal”
Review of Hakkasan Bistro

Hakkasan Bistro
Ranked #453 of 948 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$4 - US$78
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Bridgeport
Description: Hakkasan is a unique modern Chinese eatery serving quality home made comfort food that consists of Cantonese dishes and Hakka-inspired soul food. Don't let its unassuming location and exterior deceive you....Nestled in a light industrial business area, Hakkasan is a modern, urban Chinese eatery that offers authentic Cantonese dishes infused with traditional Hakka-inspired soul food. Best known for its multi-course tasting menus, it is a delightful way to savour a variety of diverse dishes and flavours infused with posh global ingredients. Chef's Specialties include: Braised Pork Hock, Double-Boiled Whole Young Coconut Soup with Pork, Honey Roasted Pork Cheeks, House Specialty Garlic Sauce and Ancient Salt Baked Chicken in Claypot.
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Went there for the surf and turf dinner for four. Very skimpy with their proportion. Charged us an extra 3.50 for changing the dessert to one bun instead of what they said was a dessert valued at 7.90 for two people which was just a bite of jello. So basically got charged 7 dollars for a bun that usually costs 7.95 for two. Ripoff.

2  Thank Richminder

Reviewed 16 March 2013

My grandparents live by Shell & Bridgeport Road and this is their favourite restaurant. Almost every time we go for dinner, my grandparents' will order the Hakka Salty Free Range Chicken, Braised Pork Belly and Braised Plum Duck. The Hakka Fried Rice (with 2 kinds of Chinese sausage, corn, cabbage, green onion and egg), Crispy Roasted Seabass, Sauteed Black Bean Prawns and Chinese Cabbage with XO sauce are among our family's regular must-have dishes when we frequent this restaurant.

Hakkasan recently expanded their lunch menu adding yummy new choices, while still offering their Hakka Specialties which my family have been enjoying for the past 6 years. Their lunch menu has something for everyone and lots of great choices. The lunch specials are under $10 - really reasonably priced for quality and value. If you like spicy food (which I really enjoy), I would recommend trying the Spicy Eggplants with Fish on Rice, Green Curry Chicken on Rice, Kimchi Prawns on Rice and Singapore Vermicelli Noodles. Appetizers I have tried and really liked include their Crispy Shrimp Wontons, Handmade Shrimp Gyozas and the Mushroom Beancurd Crepes (smoked with jasmine tea leaves!) to name a few.

And of course, save some room for dessert! My personal favourites are the steamed milk egg white custard, mini green bean sticky rice and their coconut pudding (made with fresh coconut water).

I have also included photos of some of Hakkasan's Specialty dishes we had at my sister's birthday dinner back in September 2012. Their specialty double boiled young coconut soup was amazing!! And the melt in your mouth braised pork hock was to die for!!

The staff are super friendly and helpful - attentive and professional! The atmosphere is very warm and welcoming. One major plus is they have ample store-front parking, unlike most restaurants in Richmond where parking can be a headache.

4  Thank Asnmisfit
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Went to this restaurant last week for my friend's birthday. We tried the $25 lobster promotion menu. It comes with appetizer, soup, lobster, a small main course(three choices to pick) and a dessert. I also added their famous shell dish($5 extra) and change the dessert to the chocolate lava cake($5 extra) and a drink($5 extra). So total bill comes to $100 with tips. I think it is a little pricey for the things that I had ordered. The main course is just chicken on rice with two brocoli but other than that, everything else is pretty good.

3  Thank Snowwiie
Reviewed 14 January 2013

Excellent restaurant! Their menu has an amazingly diverse selection; you can get a wide range of delicious delicacies. They also just opened for lunch, offering very reasonably-priced meals on their new lunch menu. The pork belly is TO DIE FOR and the curry beef stew with rice is very very good. The servers were also friendly and attentive, and the decor is elegant while still welcoming. Overall a great experience and I would definitely recommend it.

5  Thank Amelie E
Reviewed 11 January 2013

I visit this restaurant frequently when we are doing work in Richmond. We usually call and pick up always ready fast and always delicious. The have a very nice dining room but we are always on the go. My personal favourite is the crispy pork cutlet. They always run good lunch special. I will be back.

5  Thank t p