“Wonderful”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We were staying nearby for a conference and stopped by. My friends are into sushi and me not so much. They absolutely loved the sushi and it was a great deal. I had bacon wrapped shrimp and scallops. They brought the wrong order and gave me both rather than whisk one away. These were some of the best mouthfulls I have had in my life!!! I also had a tempura plate that was very good. Subsequently I heard from friends in Richmond they think it is one of the best spots in town.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We always choose to eat at at Matsuyama when we have a craving for sushi. Great and fast service. Lots of choices on the menu including a few Vietnamese combos. Some of our favs are the Spicy Crunchy Roll, salmon sashimi, agedashi tofu, and takoyaki (on their special menu board by the front door). Also their coconut ice cream/gelato is so delicious. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

Ate here a few times, but first review. Staying at nearby hotel, loads of choices around and a number are AYCE.
This one is a la carte and is much better quality than all the belly fill places. Rolls are well made, tasty but a little on the large side for eating. Last time they seemed smaller. Overall good place and I have returned a number of time now.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Ordered a combo of salmon teriyaki, tempura, miso soup, and rice. Was ready in 10 minutes and was only $12. Salmon was a good size and very flaky. Tempura was shrimp and variety of vegetables, overall good, though one vege piece was overcooked and soggy. MIso soup was as food as any others I've tried. Overall a very good deal.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

The restaurant has been around for at least 2 decades and it has not lost its edge. Sushi was amazing, service fast, ambiance pleasant - not too loud and 2 TVs are positioned just far enough away to be unintrusive if you don't care for what's on. Highly recommend.